Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House 18:40 - Apr 23 with 11235 viewsLord_Lucan

are taking things too far it is poignant that there are a fair proportion of foreigners who are thrilled to be there.

It is also great to see how much the younger generation of Royals have modernised. Little things like Will - I - Am driving in his own vehicle with his kids to pick up Mum and baby.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 0:05]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 00:29 - Apr 24 with 2777 viewsfactual_blue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 22:29 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Is that how long he takes to cook them?

It's how long it takes to eat them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 09:02 - Apr 24 with 2722 viewsRadlett_blue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 19:31 - Apr 23 by factual_blue

Worldwide, between a fifth and a quarter of countries are monarchies.

Yes, but some such as the Dutch have a vastly slimmed down version & they don't endlessly fawn over professional celebrities who are 15th in line for the throne.
My main objection to the monarchy is that it perpetuated the British obsession with ancient feudal titles such as "Lord" and "Sir". Unfortunately, some people crave these titles & are prepared to do almost anything to get them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 10:14 - Apr 24 with 2697 viewschicoazul

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 18:51 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

The foreigners are probably genuinely baffled that we still have royalty in 2018.

All the best countries in the world have Royal Families (with the exception of the French and Italians but they still have echoes). They are symbols of the origin of power authority and the rule of law.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 11:46 - Apr 24 with 2674 viewsGeoffSentence

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 18:55 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

I fear there will be similar scenes when I collect my daughter from Ipswich hospital***.

***Must see if I can make some sort of baby seat for my van.

The baby people at Ipswich Hospital get the right@rse if you don't have a proper baby seat that meets their standards.

We got a good one, but as it wasn't one that you could pick up and carry the baby around in they would not let us take the baby out of the maternity unit ourselves. heaven knows how they thought we would manage without out one of their midwives to carry the baby around for us after we left.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 11:53 - Apr 24 with 2660 viewsStokieBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 19:00 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Small m for mum, please.

Isn't Lucan right in this instance?

If you are talking about a mum in general then it's lower case but in that sentence it's a specific mum and thus used as a replacement for Kate and should be capitalised.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 11:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:12 - Apr 24 with 2644 viewsBrixtonBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 11:53 - Apr 24 by StokieBlue

Isn't Lucan right in this instance?

If you are talking about a mum in general then it's lower case but in that sentence it's a specific mum and thus used as a replacement for Kate and should be capitalised.

SB
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 11:53]

He's edited it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:14 - Apr 24 with 2641 viewsStokieBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:12 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

He's edited it.

Ah, OK :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:32 - Apr 24 with 2618 viewsNewcyBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 20:42 - Apr 23 by BrixtonBlue

Grrrr.

Hang on by NewcyBlue 15 Apr 2018 9:30
I don’t think the guy was trolling at all though mate.

Of course there are undesirables in the Armed Forces. As there are in any walk of life.

There will also be people that joined up believing they could make a difference.

MrsNewcy’s Father was from the West Indies and joined the RAF. My own Father was in the RAF. MrsNewcy’s Father passed away 14 years ago, so I have never met him, from what I hear he was the complete opposite of my own Father. I genuinely feel sad I will never meet him.

You never know the reasons for somebody joining up, you never know the reasons why somebody didn’t. There will be people out there who wanted to but can’t.

I can’t see every issue as black and white.

(I capitalised the word father just for Dolly, because he loves it when people do that).

You've made an impression on us all Dolly, I can't wait to teach seb how you taught his Dad.....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:36 - Apr 24 with 2616 views2blue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 23:56 - Apr 23 by BasingstokeBlue

Woman has third baby in five years. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE.

I’m running a book on how long it will take them to figure out what’s causing it.

If it was any other woman living on state handouts who'd just had her third baby in 5 years she'd be the subject of a Channel 5 documentary.

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:52 - Apr 24 with 2602 viewsBrixtonBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:32 - Apr 24 by NewcyBlue

Hang on by NewcyBlue 15 Apr 2018 9:30
I don’t think the guy was trolling at all though mate.

Of course there are undesirables in the Armed Forces. As there are in any walk of life.

There will also be people that joined up believing they could make a difference.

MrsNewcy’s Father was from the West Indies and joined the RAF. My own Father was in the RAF. MrsNewcy’s Father passed away 14 years ago, so I have never met him, from what I hear he was the complete opposite of my own Father. I genuinely feel sad I will never meet him.

You never know the reasons for somebody joining up, you never know the reasons why somebody didn’t. There will be people out there who wanted to but can’t.

I can’t see every issue as black and white.

(I capitalised the word father just for Dolly, because he loves it when people do that).

You've made an impression on us all Dolly, I can't wait to teach seb how you taught his Dad.....

I despair at you lot.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 13:01 - Apr 24 with 2587 viewsIpswichKnight

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:36 - Apr 24 by 2blue

If it was any other woman living on state handouts who'd just had her third baby in 5 years she'd be the subject of a Channel 5 documentary.

Yet she isn't living off the state, Wills and Harry's income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall and a private trust set up by the estate of Princess DI, they do not receive any money from the state.
As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 13:24 - Apr 24 with 2561 viewsbrazil1982

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:36 - Apr 24 by 2blue

It's more about the media really. I'm a huge Royal fan but can't understand why HRH Prince Philip's routine operation was headline news the other week.
As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:19 - Apr 24 with 2524 viewsLord_Lucan

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 12:12 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

He's edited it.

No I didn’t.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:20 - Apr 24 with 2523 viewsitfcjoe

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 13:24 - Apr 24 by brazil1982

It's more about the media really. I'm a huge Royal fan but can't understand why HRH Prince Philip's routine operation was headline news the other week.

Yeah - I had the alerts from Sky and BBC News on my phone to say he has gone in hospital for a planned operation

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:22 - Apr 24 with 2516 viewsBrixtonBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:19 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

No I didn’t.

It says you edited it you numptie!

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:31 - Apr 24 with 2499 viewsNewcyBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:22 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

It says you edited it you numptie!

Still has Mum.

Numpty.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:34 - Apr 24 with 2494 viewsBrixtonBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:31 - Apr 24 by NewcyBlue

Still has Mum.

Numpty.

He's changed it to "pick up Mum" which is correct. It was "pick up their Mum" which is incorrect.

You numptyyyyyyyy.

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:07 - Apr 24 with 2477 viewsJ2BLUE

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 10:14 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

All the best countries in the world have Royal Families (with the exception of the French and Italians but they still have echoes). They are symbols of the origin of power authority and the rule of law.

If you say so mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:08 - Apr 24 with 2475 views2blue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 13:01 - Apr 24 by IpswichKnight

Yet she isn't living off the state, Wills and Harry's income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall and a private trust set up by the estate of Princess DI, they do not receive any money from the state.

You can prove anything with facts

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:15 - Apr 24 with 2467 viewsLord_Lucan

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 14:31 - Apr 24 by NewcyBlue

Still has Mum.

Numpty.

Actually he is fractionally correct. I meant to write Mum and baby and it wasn't until later that I realised I had written "their Mum and baby". I didn't mean to add "their" - which wouldn't have worked anyway because I was referring to William in the singular rather than William, George and Charlotte.

This all hides the bigger issue as I had explained on the previous page that I was using Mum as a specific person, a grammatical rule that Dolly refused to accept until he Googled it, I know this because we had the same argument a month ago.

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:32 - Apr 24 with 2451 viewsRadlett_blue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 13:24 - Apr 24 by brazil1982

Phil the Dane is 96 years old & few operations are "routine" at that age.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:35 - Apr 24 with 2446 viewsBrixtonBlue

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:15 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

Actually he is fractionally correct. I meant to write Mum and baby and it wasn't until later that I realised I had written "their Mum and baby". I didn't mean to add "their" - which wouldn't have worked anyway because I was referring to William in the singular rather than William, George and Charlotte.

This all hides the bigger issue as I had explained on the previous page that I was using Mum as a specific person, a grammatical rule that Dolly refused to accept until he Googled it, I know this because we had the same argument a month ago.

"until he googled it" haha.

You edited it. You were wrong. Just admit it. I know the rules, that's why i listed it as something that annoys me. I didn't need to google it.

Even if you are using it as a specific person, it's only "Mum" if you can substitute it for her name and it still makes sense.

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 16:13 - Apr 24 with 2410 viewsLord_Lucan

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:35 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

"until he googled it" haha.

You edited it. You were wrong. Just admit it. I know the rules, that's why i listed it as something that annoys me. I didn't need to google it.

Even if you are using it as a specific person, it's only "Mum" if you can substitute it for her name and it still makes sense.

You believe what you want Dollers.

I am quite familiar with da rools, I simply typed "their" without meaning to or in fact realising. This is plainly obvious as I explained I was using Mum as a specific person prior to my edit.

I certainly don't require any advice from you dear boy, I've read your poem.

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 17:18 - Apr 24 with 2371 viewschicoazul

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 15:07 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

If you say so mate.

Its true brother. Look at those lists that are always released about the best places to live; nearly always have monarchies. If you take a monarchy away you leave a vacuum that is filled by politicians. No God; Only Man is always bad news.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 17:20 - Apr 24 with 2364 viewschicoazul

As much as I think that the crowds who camp outside the hospital and Buck House on 16:13 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

You believe what you want Dollers.

I am quite familiar with da rools, I simply typed "their" without meaning to or in fact realising. This is plainly obvious as I explained I was using Mum as a specific person prior to my edit.

I certainly don't require any advice from you dear boy, I've read your poem.

"I've read your poem"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024