Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For you international business types... 19:48 - Apr 23 with 5764 viewsunstableblue

Emirates start flying daily Stansted to Dubai hub from June. With Emirates’ new Boeing 777-300ER business class.

Big change for Stansted... wonder how it’ll do?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

For you international business types... on 15:48 - Apr 24 with 634 viewstcblue

Stansted is the worst airport I've flown from in the UK and I've tried all the main ones.

Geography aside - it's only convenient if you're used to living in East Anglia and it taking hours to get anywhere - it is by far and away the airport least able to cope with the traffic it has, even compared to Gatwick which (IMO) copes well considering it has been in dire need of a second runway for decades.

Add to that the bastardic rules on picking up and dropping off (this is now relatively standard but other airports of similar size aren't quite so in the middle of nowhere) and I'd be very happy to never darken it's doors ever again.

Whomever it was who said about early landing flights is spot on. I've more than a few times had to queue from just inside the terminal when coming back.
For you international business types... on 16:10 - Apr 24 with 606 viewsSpruceMoose

For you international business types... on 15:44 - Apr 24 by Meadowlark

Maybe not for holidays, but 25 minutes to Amsterdam and from there you can fly anywhere of course. The £10.00 "passenger tax" is a real pain but I've been using Norwich Airport regularly for the best part of 40 years and it's great if you live in North Suffolk or Norfolk.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

For you international business types... on 17:44 - Apr 24 with 569 viewsTractorWood

For you international business types... on 15:48 - Apr 24 by tcblue

Stansted is the worst airport I've flown from in the UK and I've tried all the main ones.

Geography aside - it's only convenient if you're used to living in East Anglia and it taking hours to get anywhere - it is by far and away the airport least able to cope with the traffic it has, even compared to Gatwick which (IMO) copes well considering it has been in dire need of a second runway for decades.

Add to that the bastardic rules on picking up and dropping off (this is now relatively standard but other airports of similar size aren't quite so in the middle of nowhere) and I'd be very happy to never darken it's doors ever again.

Whomever it was who said about early landing flights is spot on. I've more than a few times had to queue from just inside the terminal when coming back.

This. I usually look at Norwich and connecting through Schiphol but can't say it's ever been remotely competitive compared to LGW or LHR.

Changi and Hong Kong are the models. Terminal 5 is pretty decent too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024