Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brixtonblue 01:17 - Apr 24 with 6507 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

This is what jezza actually said (I’m sure you know this as I’ve just pulled it from fullfact)
It’s conclusive... forthcoming student for 17/18 academic year would be rebated until all fees cancelled. He also didn’t see why students with existing debt should be burdened and would work that out in due course. Please don’t bother bringing this one up again.

During the interview Mr Corbyn is quoted as saying:

“First of all, we want to get rid of student fees altogether ...

“We’ll do it as soon as we get in, and we’ll then introduce legislation to ensure that any student going from the 2017-18 academic year will not pay fees. They will pay them, but we’ll rebate them when we’ve got the legislation through — that’s fundamentally the principle behind it.

“Yes, there is a block of those that currently have a massive debt, and I’m looking at ways that we could reduce that, ameliorate that, lengthen the period of paying it off, or some other means of reducing that debt burden ...

“I don’t have the simple answer for it at this stage — I don’t think anybody would expect me to, because this election was called unexpectedly; we had two weeks to prepare all of this — but I’m very well aware of that problem ...

“And I don’t see why those that had the historical misfortune to be at university during the £9,000 period should be burdened excessively compared to those that went before or those that come after. I will deal with it.”
Brixtonblue on 15:30 - Apr 24 with 1700 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brixtonblue on 15:25 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Somedays I feel this site needs a feature for posters who blunder to delete their threads and pretend it never happened.

Or... they're stored in another section for posterity so we can all go and look and laugh.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Brixtonblue on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 1697 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 15:18 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

You've managed to spectacularly troll yourself here. Top work.

So why did McDonnell feel the need to backtrack?

Are you also going to lie about the abolition of fees? That was clearly stated and also dismissed later (and is the biggest commitment)
Brixtonblue on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 1696 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 15:30 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Or... they're stored in another section for posterity so we can all go and look and laugh.

Like a hall of fame posts section, where new posts can be nominated and voted upon, and if admitted kept for all time. I like it. Put it to Gav.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brixtonblue on 15:36 - Apr 24 with 1688 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brixtonblue on 15:31 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Are you also going to lie about the abolition of fees? That was clearly stated and also dismissed later (and is the biggest commitment)

I'd stop digging if I were you pal.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Brixtonblue on 15:37 - Apr 24 with 1683 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 15:31 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

I would imagine he was seeking to clarify the situation as a few folks were not capable of understanding what words mean when they hear them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Brixtonblue on 15:38 - Apr 24 with 1682 viewsbrazil1982

Brixtonblue on 15:17 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Widely accepted by who? I know plenty of people who never thought that was the case. Maybe they read the quote you pulled, at the time?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 15:18]

Accepted by a lot of current and former students, who I work with.
Brixtonblue on 15:39 - Apr 24 with 1679 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 15:36 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

I'd stop digging if I were you pal.

1) Did he say he would cancel fees or not?

2) Did he imply existing debt would be mostly written off or not?

Point 1 is a given IMO, point 2 was accepted and you know it. Or you can just carry on lying about it.
Brixtonblue on 15:40 - Apr 24 with 1675 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 15:37 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

I would imagine he was seeking to clarify the situation as a few folks were not capable of understanding what words mean when they hear them.

Agree. Now why didn’t he clarify that BEFORE the election?
Login to get fewer ads

Brixtonblue on 15:41 - Apr 24 with 1670 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 15:38 - Apr 24 by brazil1982

Accepted by a lot of current and former students, who I work with.

The information was out there. They should hone their research skills.

Brixtonblue on 15:43 - Apr 24 with 1668 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 15:40 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Misplaced trust that people would actually look into the things that are supposedly so important to them that that's the one thing they vote on, I would imagine.

Brixtonblue on 15:52 - Apr 24 with 1649 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 15:43 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Misplaced trust that people would actually look into the things that are supposedly so important to them that that's the one thing they vote on, I would imagine.

You’re talking shiite. It was a deliberate attempt to mislead.

And you still haven’t dealt with point 1. The promise to cancel all future fees, which is the biggest spending commitment anyway. Are you going to reinterpret that in your own fantasy world too?
Brixtonblue on 15:55 - Apr 24 with 1642 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 15:52 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

And you still haven’t dealt with point 1. The promise to cancel all future fees, which is the biggest spending commitment anyway. Are you going to reinterpret that in your own fantasy world too?

You lost all credibility when you posted a quote, then told us it said something entirely different to what it said. So once we had dealt with that, you try and move the goalposts. Shabby.

Less of the foul mouthed tone too, please mister!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 15:55]

Brixtonblue on 15:58 - Apr 24 with 1633 viewsNewcyBlue

Brixtonblue on 15:11 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. Who are these fools who voted on one issue that they invented themselves?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Brixtonblue on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 1612 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 15:55 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

You lost all credibility when you posted a quote, then told us it said something entirely different to what it said. So once we had dealt with that, you try and move the goalposts. Shabby.

Less of the foul mouthed tone too, please mister!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2018 15:55]

You haven’t dealt with it, you’ve ignored the main point about cancelling fees and instead honed in on the debatable bit about how existing debt would be treated.... by relying on playground tactics rather than discussing how it was interpreted at the time.

It was clear at the time that fees would be reimbursed and cancelled, and student debt would be ‘dealt with’.
Brixtonblue on 16:05 - Apr 24 with 1609 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 15:58 - Apr 24 by NewcyBlue

Exactly. It doesn’t say that all 350m will go directly to the NHS so, as far as sprucie and B.B. are concerned, there’s nothing misleading there
Brixtonblue on 16:06 - Apr 24 with 1598 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 16:03 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

You haven’t dealt with it, you’ve ignored the main point about cancelling fees and instead honed in on the debatable bit about how existing debt would be treated.... by relying on playground tactics rather than discussing how it was interpreted at the time.

It was clear at the time that fees would be reimbursed and cancelled, and student debt would be ‘dealt with’.

This hasn't gone well for you. I'm pulling the plug, with your best interests at heart. I'm oot.

Brixtonblue on 16:09 - Apr 24 with 1591 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 16:06 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

This hasn't gone well for you. I'm pulling the plug, with your best interests at heart. I'm oot.

LOL. In other words you know I’m right.

Next time Jeremy says he’ll deal with something I’ll read that as ‘completely bloody ignore it’. What has he said he’ll ‘deal with’ recently?
Brixtonblue on 16:10 - Apr 24 with 1589 viewsBrixtonBlue

Brixtonblue on 15:40 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Who cares? He didn't win the election anyway!

If he's admitting to something now, as you seem to think he is, then surely that's commendable honesty ahead of the next election?

If he'd won and THEN broken a promise that would make him... well, a Tory.

Brixtonblue on 16:11 - Apr 24 with 1584 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 16:09 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

LOL. In other words you know I’m right.

Next time Jeremy says he’ll deal with something I’ll read that as ‘completely bloody ignore it’. What has he said he’ll ‘deal with’ recently?

That's not what I wrote at all. You're developing a pattern of not being able to comprehend the meaning behind written words you know.

Brixtonblue on 16:16 - Apr 24 with 1573 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 16:11 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

That's not what I wrote at all. You're developing a pattern of not being able to comprehend the meaning behind written words you know.

Oh I comprehend the fact you don’t actually address either point on the fees perfectly well.
Brixtonblue on 16:18 - Apr 24 with 1568 viewsNewcyBlue

Brixtonblue on 16:05 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Exactly. It doesn’t say that all 350m will go directly to the NHS so, as far as sprucie and B.B. are concerned, there’s nothing misleading there

I wasn't quite agreeing with you.

There was a British lad on my last ship who declared he was going to vote labour as long as Corbyn was still leader as he believed Corbyn would write off his uni debt. Debt he had from uni, which he didn't finish. He's now training to be an officer in the Merchant Navy, he won't make it. The job isn't for him.

Arrogant, entitled, little....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Brixtonblue on 16:18 - Apr 24 with 1567 viewsSpruceMoose

Brixtonblue on 16:16 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Oh I comprehend the fact you don’t actually address either point on the fees perfectly well.

I'm happy you're happy.

Brixtonblue on 16:18 - Apr 24 with 1567 viewsHerbivore

Brixtonblue on 15:52 - Apr 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

How do you work out that cancelling new fees is a bigger financial commitment than wiping out all existing student debt (which he never said they would do)?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brixtonblue on 16:18 - Apr 24 with 1566 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 16:10 - Apr 24 by BrixtonBlue

Who cares? He didn't win the election anyway!

If he's admitting to something now, as you seem to think he is, then surely that's commendable honesty ahead of the next election?

If he'd won and THEN broken a promise that would make him... well, a Tory.

Who cares? You seem to care enough to comment about it quite often to be fair
Brixtonblue on 16:22 - Apr 24 with 1558 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Brixtonblue on 16:18 - Apr 24 by Herbivore

How do you work out that cancelling new fees is a bigger financial commitment than wiping out all existing student debt (which he never said they would do)?

9k fees had only been in place for 5 years so it doesnt take a genius to work out that cancelling fees going forward will be the biggest commitment
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024