Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has to be Mark Warburton 01:31 - Apr 24 with 5717 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I cannot pick anyone else, and if there is someone you would prefer, please state your case because I cannot see beyond Mark Warburton.

A man who defied everyones thoughts by getting Brentford into the play-offs, not only that but did it in some style, headed north of the border to win the cup and get rangers promoted in his first season, to then come back down to Forest, where he was axed very prematurely.

Certainly suffered from bizarre owners who are trigger happy, Brentford and Forest,
Plays the game in the most beautiful way.
a fantastic recruiter - Alex Pritchard & Kieran Dowell would be the stand out ones for me.
Introduced an awful load of youngsters at Forest.
Would be given time to develop under ME.

THE PERFECT FIT FOR THE ITFC FOOTBALLING PHILOSOPHIES.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Has to be Mark Warburton on 03:49 - Apr 24 with 5663 viewsharlingblue

I would go for him, could work very well with Brian Klug for a good footballing Ipswich Town team.
Has to be Mark Warburton on 06:54 - Apr 24 with 5546 viewshoppy

He’s been the one I’ve said to anyone that has asked too, so with you on that.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Has to be Mark Warburton on 07:26 - Apr 24 with 5487 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Whoops, meant to give an uppie.
I think out of the names being banded about, he would certainly be up there with the better suggestions. It,s going to be Megson then.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Has to be Mark Warburton on 07:36 - Apr 24 with 5459 viewsfergalsharkey

Whee is Nigel Pearson these days?

Poll: Cook out?

Has to be Mark Warburton on 07:49 - Apr 24 with 5422 viewsBlueBadger

Has to be Mark Warburton on 06:54 - Apr 24 by hoppy

He’s been the one I’ve said to anyone that has asked too, so with you on that.

He's certainly the 'best fit' in terms of style of play, ability to work on a budget, knowing the division and not yet becoming one of the entrenched old guard of tired lags endlessly going around from one failure to the next.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has to be Mark Warburton on 08:35 - Apr 24 with 5312 viewschristiand

Warburton or Mowbray I feel.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Has to be Mark Warburton on 08:41 - Apr 24 with 5298 viewsitfcjoe

I personally think he is a really good fit - I'd have got shot of Mick earlier in season when he was available and clear we weren't going up or down.

But fact he is available, and we haven't got him in yet makes me think that he isn't one of Evans' top choice - but who knows?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has to be Mark Warburton on 09:15 - Apr 24 with 5233 viewshampstead_blue

I've been leaning that way for a while.

I did have my head turned my an interview with Martin Jol. A very bright man with a wonderful track record.

Ok, he's been out of the game a while but...

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Has to be Mark Warburton on 10:58 - Apr 24 with 5130 viewsGuthrum

I'd welcome Warburton. But not convinced he is the actual first choice, otherwise why did we not just agree terms and announce him now?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has to be Mark Warburton on 10:59 - Apr 24 with 5126 viewsIpswichKnight

Has to be Mark Warburton on 10:58 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

I'd welcome Warburton. But not convinced he is the actual first choice, otherwise why did we not just agree terms and announce him now?

Indeed, I do still think we are after someone in a job hence why we are waiting for the season to be over.
Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:05 - Apr 24 with 5108 viewsGuthrum

Has to be Mark Warburton on 10:59 - Apr 24 by IpswichKnight

Indeed, I do still think we are after someone in a job hence why we are waiting for the season to be over.

Or we haven't really started seriously looking until very recently. But either way, if your first choice is currently a free agent and terms can be agreed, it ought not to be an extended process.

Also, perhaps he has tempting offers from elsewhere, or is simply not interested in the ITFC job?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:20 - Apr 24 with 5056 viewsIpswichKnight

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:05 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Or we haven't really started seriously looking until very recently. But either way, if your first choice is currently a free agent and terms can be agreed, it ought not to be an extended process.

Also, perhaps he has tempting offers from elsewhere, or is simply not interested in the ITFC job?

Or is it a case that our favourites for the job are all still involved in promotion hunts. Mogga hasn't nailed a promotion with Blackburn, Cowleys are still involved in the play off hunt in League 2, same with the Shrewsbury boss in league one. Only person we have been linked to who now has nothing to play for is the Luton boss and if the posters here are believed Luton are asking for a significant fee.

I seem to remember Stuart Watson writing a piece that I thought was telling in that we would be looking for someone who isn't immediately available which to me ruled Warburton out.

I suspect he might fancy a more high profile job than us, Derby maybe when they implode again!
Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:25 - Apr 24 with 5040 viewsDarth_Koont

Has to be Mark Warburton on 07:49 - Apr 24 by BlueBadger

He's certainly the 'best fit' in terms of style of play, ability to work on a budget, knowing the division and not yet becoming one of the entrenched old guard of tired lags endlessly going around from one failure to the next.

He's also one of the few candidates (the only one, surely?) that has actual working experience from academy coaching and admin to first team coaching, managing and Director of Football.

If, as seems likely, ME intends to keep to the 5-point plan then it's vital we have a manager who can understand and cover that journey from academy and promising youngster to the first team squad, and also recognise undervalued, developable players in the marketplace. In the Championship which is its own special breed of league.

I'm hoping that Warburton has always been top of the list (or at least very near the top) and the reason we're holding off is that we want to send out the message that he was picked on merit rather than just because he was available.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:57 - Apr 24 with 4959 viewstextbackup

He’s been my joint number 1 the whole even (even when the ex manager was here)
He was also the sporting director at Brebtford, so knows that side of the game, something we need as ME seems to like managers to take full control.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:59 - Apr 24 with 4940 viewsWallingford_Boy

Give me Paul Cook over him any day.

Successful at every club he's managed, younger and hungrier.

Warburton failed in his last role.

RIP Sir Bobby

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:59 - Apr 24 with 4941 viewsKieran_Knows

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:57 - Apr 24 by textbackup

He’s been my joint number 1 the whole even (even when the ex manager was here)
He was also the sporting director at Brebtford, so knows that side of the game, something we need as ME seems to like managers to take full control.

Agree with you about the sporting Director side of things, but I think he has his own 'Sporting Director/Director of Football' in Frank McParland now, who oversee's scouting etc with Warburton and Weir, so you'd like to think there will be money in the budget for FP if Dave Bowman does eventually leave as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:00 - Apr 24 with 4936 viewsKieran_Knows

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:59 - Apr 24 by Wallingford_Boy

Give me Paul Cook over him any day.

Successful at every club he's managed, younger and hungrier.

Warburton failed in his last role.

I'd hardly say Warburton failed at Forest. IIRC, he has stated that he was given 2/3 years at Forest when he went in last summer to build a side capable of winning promotion. WIthin 3 months, the then owners decided they wanted promotion this season and it scuppered his plans.

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:01 - Apr 24 with 4928 viewsKieran_Knows

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:25 - Apr 24 by Darth_Koont

He's also one of the few candidates (the only one, surely?) that has actual working experience from academy coaching and admin to first team coaching, managing and Director of Football.

If, as seems likely, ME intends to keep to the 5-point plan then it's vital we have a manager who can understand and cover that journey from academy and promising youngster to the first team squad, and also recognise undervalued, developable players in the marketplace. In the Championship which is its own special breed of league.

I'm hoping that Warburton has always been top of the list (or at least very near the top) and the reason we're holding off is that we want to send out the message that he was picked on merit rather than just because he was available.

I don't know why I think this, but Warburton seems to me that he would be the perfect manager to go along with the alleged 5 point plan.

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:06 - Apr 24 with 4908 viewsitfcjoe

Has to be Mark Warburton on 11:05 - Apr 24 by Guthrum

Alternative is Marcus Evans doesn't want to be paying 2 managers wages at once so is just waiting until season ends to save a bit of dosh as presumably Mick is on gardening leave effectively?

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:11 - Apr 24 with 4882 viewsITFCBlues

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:06 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Alternative is Marcus Evans doesn't want to be paying 2 managers wages at once so is just waiting until season ends to save a bit of dosh as presumably Mick is on gardening leave effectively?

It was a mutual agreement so you’d think we’re not still paying his wages?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:15 - Apr 24 with 4867 viewsitfcjoe

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:11 - Apr 24 by ITFCBlues

It was a mutual agreement so you’d think we’re not still paying his wages?

Most mutual agreements don't actually work like that - payment terms may change but can't see whY mick would have walked away from 10 weeks wages at a reported £20k a week

Has to be Mark Warburton on 12:17 - Apr 24 with 4858 viewsrickw

He does seem like someone who would be a good fit - meets fans criteria about style, Evans criteria about having Championship success, working under a budget and is free, and also for Warburton - he is out of work so we'd be a good job for him.

I could argue he's not young and up-and-coming which a lot of fans are after being just 4 years younger than Mick McCarthy, but in being so he's also a safer choice than the less experienced managers

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Has to be Mark Warburton on 13:20 - Apr 24 with 4762 viewsBecclesITFC

I think he is a safe bet to be honest. The more i think about it the more sensible i get and am thinking he would be the best fit. Like the sound of the Lincoln boys but have gone off them slightly.

I just can't shake Gerrard out of my head. Something about him i love and admire and it would be just too dam cool to have him at town.
Has to be Mark Warburton on 17:24 - Apr 24 with 4604 viewsbrightlingseabee

We didn't sack Warbs he decided to leave when we asked him to give up his veto on transfers as we were moving to a team of four to decide who we signed, when it was announced he spun it via a mate at the Sunday Times he was sacked. Matthew Benham gave him his first chance in management promoting him from a DOF role, he also went for the Norwich job without informing the club. To begin with his football was great and we all loved him however it also soon become clear teams had worked out how to play against us and almost every goal conceded was with a long diagonal ball over the top of the two high up centre backs or from a cross, Warbs teams do not know how to defend and it was a very similar story up at Rangers with also another very bitter falling out. Although I think he was sacked from Forest to soon I would be very cautious going for Warbs, just think back to our defending in the two games in our first season in the championship against you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024