Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leiston V Needham Market 08:58 - Apr 24 with 6908 viewshavinit69

If any of you are at a loose end for this evening, you could do worse than to visit Victory Road to see what has to be one of Leiston's biggest game in there history. A win tonight against local rivals Needham Market would see them have one foot firmly in the playoffs for the first time in the clubs history and would be a great achievement for non league football in Suffolk.

A few former town players on display as well, notably Byron Lawrence and Jack Ainsley and a few ex Leiston players in Needham's team who will be determined to spoil the party, including Leistons former manager.

I know a few ITFC season ticket holders have popped down when Ipswich haven't been in action and have been impressed. Hopefully see a few of you guys down there.
Leiston V Needham Market on 09:36 - Apr 24 with 4707 viewshatch

I trialled Leiston FC football at Leatherhead in Saturday. Good game and exciting to see our county’s second highest ranked team have a chance of breaking into the sixth tier.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:17 - Apr 24 with 4602 viewsBecclesITFC

I follow Leiston and Lowestoft. They had a really bad spell over Xmas and that has cost them big time. Problem with Leiston is away from home. Jack Ainsley is a massive player for them.

Fancy a 3-0 win for Leiston tonight.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:23 - Apr 24 with 4581 viewsTractorCam

They've never got in the play offs? Strange as they're always up there.

Last year I drove to Enfield on the final day of the season, it was so tight and they were just below Enfield in the table, meaning had they won they would have been in the play offs. They were 1-0 up but conceded late from a corner meaning they missed out

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:24 - Apr 24 with 4576 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:17 - Apr 24 by BecclesITFC

I follow Leiston and Lowestoft. They had a really bad spell over Xmas and that has cost them big time. Problem with Leiston is away from home. Jack Ainsley is a massive player for them.

Fancy a 3-0 win for Leiston tonight.

I think at that level every team has a bad spell at some point of the season, look at Billericay, they should be miles clear on their budget and lost 5/6 League games in a row!

I think Leiston will need an early goal, longer it stays 0-0 the more nervous I will be that Needham might nick it. Quality wise, Leiston should have too much, but nerves bound to play a part.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:28 - Apr 24 with 4564 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:23 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

They've never got in the play offs? Strange as they're always up there.

Last year I drove to Enfield on the final day of the season, it was so tight and they were just below Enfield in the table, meaning had they won they would have been in the play offs. They were 1-0 up but conceded late from a corner meaning they missed out

Nope, last season was there highest ever points tally and they have surpassed that this season.

I was at the game also, was a free kick they conceded from, defence switched off, they took it quickly and ended up in the back of the net. Was heart breaking for the players and management staff.

Hopefully they can go one better this season. I think if they win tonight they will be there, goal difference could play a part and that's in their favour at the minute.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:33 - Apr 24 with 4548 viewsTractorCam

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:28 - Apr 24 by havinit69

Nope, last season was there highest ever points tally and they have surpassed that this season.

I was at the game also, was a free kick they conceded from, defence switched off, they took it quickly and ended up in the back of the net. Was heart breaking for the players and management staff.

Hopefully they can go one better this season. I think if they win tonight they will be there, goal difference could play a part and that's in their favour at the minute.

Not surprised with Jake Reed and Matt Blake up front, if Blake can get his consistency back you could be a real force in the play offs, although I'd fancy Dulwich to go up

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:35 - Apr 24 with 4545 viewsBecclesITFC

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:28 - Apr 24 by havinit69

I go to about 3-5 games a season. Genuine question, I'm assuming you are a bigger fan than me....

Do Leiston really want to go up? The next step is a bigger step than us going to the premier league, as well as getting little funds. I can't see Leiston getting 1000 Plus fans every week. I really want them to go up, however, I'm always concerned the chairman is happy where they are.

I could be wrong. So please put me right.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:37 - Apr 24 with 4534 viewsTractorCam

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:35 - Apr 24 by BecclesITFC

I go to about 3-5 games a season. Genuine question, I'm assuming you are a bigger fan than me....

Do Leiston really want to go up? The next step is a bigger step than us going to the premier league, as well as getting little funds. I can't see Leiston getting 1000 Plus fans every week. I really want them to go up, however, I'm always concerned the chairman is happy where they are.

Not many clubs get 1,000 in division 6

Login to get fewer ads

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:48 - Apr 24 with 4511 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:33 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

Not surprised with Jake Reed and Matt Blake up front, if Blake can get his consistency back you could be a real force in the play offs, although I'd fancy Dulwich to go up

Reed was a great signing and Blake is just back from a loan spell at Norwich Utd and he is chomping at the bit. I hope these two start up front tonight.

I agree, I think Dulwich look the best of the rest (behind Billericay) and they would have 'home' advantage (I know they play at Tooting now). But if you are in there, you have a chance.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:50 - Apr 24 with 4506 viewstextbackup

BIt of luck someone will stick 12 studs into the Leiston chap, Henderson. Norwich lad and ST holder

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:51 - Apr 24 with 4505 viewsBecclesITFC

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:48 - Apr 24 by havinit69

Reed was a great signing and Blake is just back from a loan spell at Norwich Utd and he is chomping at the bit. I hope these two start up front tonight.

I agree, I think Dulwich look the best of the rest (behind Billericay) and they would have 'home' advantage (I know they play at Tooting now). But if you are in there, you have a chance.

Best of luck tonight. Annoyingly, i can't make it but will have an eye on the score.

Enjoy, give um a shout!!!!
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 4504 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:35 - Apr 24 by BecclesITFC

I know for sure that they want to go up. They have recalled Blake and Eagle from loan spells so that they are at full strength for the run in and hopefully the playoffs.

I guess a lot of it is down to the FA, if they put them in the Conference South I don't think that would do them much harm, but if they put them in the North like they did Lowestoft that could spell trouble.

I expect a good crowd tonight though. I know a few ITFC fans that were planning on not renewing and getting a season ticket at Leiston. That may have changed now that Mick has left but I really enjoy watching them play.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:54 - Apr 24 with 4501 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:50 - Apr 24 by textbackup

BIt of luck someone will stick 12 studs into the Leiston chap, Henderson. Norwich lad and ST holder

Haha! Yes he is. Good player though.
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:56 - Apr 24 with 4487 viewshype313

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:53 - Apr 24 by havinit69

I know for sure that they want to go up. They have recalled Blake and Eagle from loan spells so that they are at full strength for the run in and hopefully the playoffs.

I guess a lot of it is down to the FA, if they put them in the Conference South I don't think that would do them much harm, but if they put them in the North like they did Lowestoft that could spell trouble.

I expect a good crowd tonight though. I know a few ITFC fans that were planning on not renewing and getting a season ticket at Leiston. That may have changed now that Mick has left but I really enjoy watching them play.

Why did Blake go out on loan? Thought he was Leistons goal machine?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:58 - Apr 24 with 4486 viewslongtimefan

Any idea on parking options around the ground?
Leiston V Needham Market on 13:58 - Apr 24 with 4485 viewshype313

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:58 - Apr 24 by longtimefan

Gatwicks a shout.

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:59 - Apr 24 with 4479 viewsTractorCam

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:48 - Apr 24 by havinit69

Yeah whichever one of them and Billericay don't win the league!

I went to Dulwich v Thurrock last Saturday as well as Billericay v Dulwich last month as Hamlet just look a class above. The Thurrock game they scraped 2-1 but in reality could have won 7-0 had it been another day, although they're common bottlers of the play offs so you never know in a one off game

Leiston V Needham Market on 14:00 - Apr 24 with 4473 viewslongtimefan

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:58 - Apr 24 by hype313

Gatwicks a shout.

Wondered who’d be first
Leiston V Needham Market on 14:00 - Apr 24 with 4473 viewsTractorCam

You get closed in at the car park and have to wait for everyone to leave in front of you, true story!

Leiston V Needham Market on 14:01 - Apr 24 with 4464 viewsReuser_is_God

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:54 - Apr 24 by havinit69

Haha! Yes he is. Good player though.

Just seen that Lewis Bell is there too, he must’ve improved since his younger days!

Fair play to him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Leiston V Needham Market on 14:03 - Apr 24 with 4453 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:56 - Apr 24 by hype313

Why did Blake go out on loan? Thought he was Leistons goal machine?

He was last season, just had a real tough time this season. Not stopped him working hard but confidence was low, Leiston then signed Mills from Bury and he's done well and then Jake Reed from Lowestoft so found himself on the bench. He went out for a month, scored a few goals and returned Saturday to score 2 goals off the bench so hopefully he gets a start tonight as Needham won't be pleased to see him starting.
Leiston V Needham Market on 14:04 - Apr 24 with 4446 viewshavinit69

Good parking at the ground, they also have an over flow car park so shouldn't be any problem, even for a big crowd.
Leiston V Needham Market on 14:06 - Apr 24 with 4439 viewshavinit69

Leiston V Needham Market on 13:59 - Apr 24 by TractorCam

Yeah whichever one of them and Billericay don't win the league!

I went to Dulwich v Thurrock last Saturday as well as Billericay v Dulwich last month as Hamlet just look a class above. The Thurrock game they scraped 2-1 but in reality could have won 7-0 had it been another day, although they're common bottlers of the play offs so you never know in a one off game

Exactly.

I thought Folkestone could have been the dark horses but Dulwich blew them away Saturday.

I just think it would be a huge effort for a club of Leistons size/budget to make the playoffs and as you say, form tends to go out of the window in the one games.
Leiston V Needham Market on 14:12 - Apr 24 with 4422 viewsvapour_trail

Leiston V Needham Market on 14:06 - Apr 24 by havinit69

Exactly.

I thought Folkestone could have been the dark horses but Dulwich blew them away Saturday.

I just think it would be a huge effort for a club of Leistons size/budget to make the playoffs and as you say, form tends to go out of the window in the one games.

I’ve been to nearly all folkestones home games this season, and dulwich last weekend were the best we’ve had down here, albeit our form has tailed off a bit since Easter.

I’ve never seen leiston really turn up down here.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Leiston V Needham Market on 14:13 - Apr 24 with 4419 viewshype313

Leiston V Needham Market on 14:00 - Apr 24 by longtimefan

Wondered who’d be first

Standard TWTD Protocol.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024