Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? 15:32 - Apr 24 with 7714 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

First of - read this article he did with Stuart Watson - http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/taiwan-manager-gary-white-wants-to-follow-in-the-foo

Notable things that stand out for me:
Knows what Ipswich is all about, the history, the legacy, the passion, the development, the philosophy.

Air of confidence - Almost that Mourinho from Porto to Chelsea - "i am the special one" approach. Likening how he wants to be remembered like Sir Bobby and Sir Alf in 20 years time. Obviously bold, maybe unlikely but you have to love the air of confidence that would be very handy to pass onto a group of players full on no confidence.

Has a fantastic approach to football - simple approach " let's go and try and win it", encourages his players to "express and enjoy themselves".

Key thing for me was these quotes about unlocking full potential in each individual - " engage with hearts and heads and then the legs will follow"
"you have to see if you are using what you’ve got to the full potential before going to the shops."
"Ask yourself if you giving the players you have got the best opportunity to perform? Spending money is the easy and lazy option."
" I looked to the youths and reserves and found some diamonds there. It’s important not to make your mind up on players based on the opinion of others, but to use your own eyes and ears to form your own opinion."

And most importantly, where ever he has been so far, he has been a success, that cannot be denied, look at the facts.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:45 - Apr 24 with 2680 viewsFixed_It

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:40 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

You say that, but you won't be complaining when I sign this guy and he's storming down the wing.

For some reason I can't see pictures whilst I am logged on at work. However, if that is a picture of my Nan I am sorry to disappoint but she died some years ago, so don't think she'll make your team...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:56 - Apr 24 with 2664 viewsrickw

Yeah he sounds very positive, obviously it would be a huge gamble, but should be entertaining at least!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 17:08 - Apr 24 with 2646 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Turning Shanghai Shenxin's goal scoring problems around so dramatically with no money shows what could happen to us if we appoint him, he revolutionised a struggling club. His attitude towards style of football and the fans are exactly what this club needs. His belief in the players we have could help us compete with the small budget we have (which will appeal to Evans). His use of youth players is also another box ticked. Maybe we should gamble on him before another club does. He has been successful wherever he goes.
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 17:41 - Apr 24 with 2610 viewsmonty_radio

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:56 - Apr 24 by rickw

Yeah he sounds very positive, obviously it would be a huge gamble, but should be entertaining at least!

A gamble certainly - but huge? Far more already to his C.V. than Gerrard, Kuqi, Cowleys.

If the snippet from Marcus already released re trying something new and different has legs than this guy should be investigated at least.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 18:00 - Apr 24 with 2604 viewsfactual_blue

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:44 - Apr 24 by Fixed_It

As long as his ban doesn't extend to wild animals from Canada. They make a pretty valuable contribution to the board...

Wild? He's absolutely livid.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 18:37 - Apr 24 with 2578 viewssoupytwist

Thread from earlier here

So the Taiwan manager has thrown his hat into the ring to be next ITFfC manager by Kesgrave_Exile 24 Apr 2018 6:13
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/taiwan-manager-gary-white-wants-to-follow-in-the-footsteps-of-ipswich-town-legends-1-5488152

Discuss?

Unfortunately I don't see this happening but he could do very well for a league one or two club.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 18:45 - Apr 24 with 2575 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’d be my first, the last, my everything. And the answer to all my dreams.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 19:27 - Apr 24 with 2537 viewsPinewoodblue

He talks the talk but not convinced. This quote is from five years ago

"I want to be working in the J.League in Japan or the K-League in South Korea, which are very competitive leagues, in the next couple of years," said White.

"Then I see myself coming back to the UK and working in the Premier League with my ultimate goal being to work with the England national team."

That's a soundbite here is full article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20987248

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 23:35 - Apr 24 with 2447 viewsconnorscontract

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 19:27 - Apr 24 by Pinewoodblue

He talks the talk but not convinced. This quote is from five years ago

"I want to be working in the J.League in Japan or the K-League in South Korea, which are very competitive leagues, in the next couple of years," said White.

"Then I see myself coming back to the UK and working in the Premier League with my ultimate goal being to work with the England national team."

That's a soundbite here is full article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20987248

I can't see that as a problem. He has the same long term goal (to manage England) and having not been able to go down his preferred route to get there he has worked his ass off lower down the pyramid, always achieving notable results with minimal resources.

He's interesting and his philosophy is a very good match for ITFC.

There's one nagging doubt for me, though. It comes down to interpretation of data.

He got to the last three for the England Under 21 job.

Does that mean:

a) the England set up rate him: that's impressive.

Or

b) the England set up ultimately decided he was even sh1tter than Aidy Boothroyd.

?
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 23:59 - Apr 24 with 2439 viewsdissboy2

yes go for him Marcus!
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 10:09 - Apr 25 with 2343 viewsbracknell_blue

Reading that article got my very interested. Certainly he would a left-field appointment, but could be just what we need. Excellent record, likes to play attacking football, I would guess good man-management skills. Go for him, I say.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 11:16 - Apr 25 with 2298 viewsGeoffSentence

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:53 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. That was my thinking, made in a rather more lighthearted fashion. I had no idea it would inflame OP so much.

I regret it now.

There are one or two posters whose buttons you seem to push in an odd and mysterious way.

Is it rutting season?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 11:21 - Apr 25 with 2288 viewsLightningboy

Could be another Graham Westley - he was fairly full of himself.
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 11:23 - Apr 25 with 2285 viewsGeoffSentence

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 18:45 - Apr 24 by Swansea_Blue

He’d be my first, the last, my everything. And the answer to all my dreams.

GARY White

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024