Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sporting Director 17:36 - Apr 24 with 5486 viewsitfcjoe

With either a young/inexperienced or foreign coach would be my guess

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sporting Director on 17:37 - Apr 24 with 4986 viewsReuser_is_God

Gerrard.

King Kenny his senior.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sporting Director on 17:51 - Apr 24 with 4932 viewsfactual_blue

Gerard Nash appointed manager. Ian Milne as sporting director.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sporting Director on 17:55 - Apr 24 with 4913 viewssuffolkpoker

Sporting Director on 17:51 - Apr 24 by factual_blue

Gerard Nash appointed manager. Ian Milne as sporting director.

go dutch Martijn Reuser and Jaam Stamp

#goorange

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Sporting Director on 18:05 - Apr 24 with 4888 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Agreed. In many ways the identity of the sporting director is the most intriguing.
Sporting Director on 18:16 - Apr 24 with 4849 viewschicoazul

Don't think we will go for a Sporting/Football Director. Someone like that is expensive especially if they are good. Far more likely he is alluding to we are going for a younger Manager or one from abroad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sporting Director on 18:20 - Apr 24 with 4819 viewstextbackup

i'm so so glad he seems to have seen the light, doing the same thing over and over is failing, lets be the ones that others aspire to be for once

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sporting Director on 18:28 - Apr 24 with 4793 viewsIllinoisblue

Return of the Mick!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sporting Director on 19:18 - Apr 24 with 4675 viewsitfcjoe

Sporting Director on 18:16 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

Don't think we will go for a Sporting/Football Director. Someone like that is expensive especially if they are good. Far more likely he is alluding to we are going for a younger Manager or one from abroad.

They wouldn’t be more expensive than Mick was

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Sporting Director on 19:46 - Apr 24 with 4595 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ME giving Arsene Wenger 50% share holding, Arsene to overhaul club fromtip to bottom as director football. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sporting Director on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 4572 viewsDanTheMan

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sporting Director on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 4545 viewsclive_baker

Sporting Director on 18:16 - Apr 24 by chicoazul

I agree. Call me cynical but I can’t see Evans recruiting 2 people. I think he’s going down the ex pro inexperienced manager route. I was told he was keen to explore a ‘household name from their playing days’ which Gerrard or Lampard would certainly be.

It’s a dice roll, with a real emphasis on backing the youth and building a team around the talented young players we have emerging.

1) it’s cost effective and 2) I know how keen he is to bring the club and fans closer together, which a ‘few of our own’ on the field will lend itself to.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sporting Director on 21:55 - Apr 24 with 4403 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Redknapp / Lampard

Gus Uhlenbeek

Sporting Director on 22:02 - Apr 24 with 4368 viewssundaze

Sporting Director on 19:56 - Apr 24 by clive_baker

I agree. Call me cynical but I can’t see Evans recruiting 2 people. I think he’s going down the ex pro inexperienced manager route. I was told he was keen to explore a ‘household name from their playing days’ which Gerrard or Lampard would certainly be.

It’s a dice roll, with a real emphasis on backing the youth and building a team around the talented young players we have emerging.

1) it’s cost effective and 2) I know how keen he is to bring the club and fans closer together, which a ‘few of our own’ on the field will lend itself to.

Isn't that basically what Keane was? I know he had early success at Sunderland, but he was a big name ex player from a big club. I think if we are supposedly going down a different route, it would be with a DOF and a coach, rather than a manager.
Sporting Director on 22:03 - Apr 24 with 4364 viewsbournemouthblue

Sporting Director on 21:55 - Apr 24 by ShropshireBluenago09

Redknapp / Lampard

Hollier/Gerrard is the other rumour

I think Warburton was Sporting Director at Brentford before taking over from Rosler?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sporting Director on 22:08 - Apr 24 with 4336 viewsBloomBlue

Gary Megson as SD and Pardew as Manager
Sporting Director on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 4326 viewsReuser_is_God

Sporting Director on 22:02 - Apr 24 by sundaze

Isn't that basically what Keane was? I know he had early success at Sunderland, but he was a big name ex player from a big club. I think if we are supposedly going down a different route, it would be with a DOF and a coach, rather than a manager.

We can’t compare every young manager who was a good player with Roy Keane ffs.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sporting Director on 22:14 - Apr 24 with 4308 viewslinhdi

Royle / Unsworth dream ticket.
Sporting Director on 22:25 - Apr 24 with 4263 viewsKieran_Knows

Sporting Director on 22:10 - Apr 24 by Reuser_is_God

BT WEE ONLEE WNT DEM BECOZ DER FAYMUS?!?!?!

Or something like that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sporting Director on 22:31 - Apr 24 with 4242 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Sporting Director on 22:03 - Apr 24 by bournemouthblue

Hollier/Gerrard is the other rumour

I think Warburton was Sporting Director at Brentford before taking over from Rosler?

Houllier hates us because Burley won manager of the year when he won the plastic treble.

Poll: Best Football Song

Sporting Director on 22:40 - Apr 24 with 4218 viewsclive_baker

Sporting Director on 22:02 - Apr 24 by sundaze

My instinct is that soundbite will relate to a slight rethink in terms of the club ethos, that’s wider than just the recruitment of a new manager. I wouldn’t be surprised real step change and emphasis on bringing through academy players. Say what you like about ME but he’s not stupid and he’s got 10 years experience of owning a football club. He’ll want to bring supporters back to PR, that’s his primary concern and focus right now. This interview in itself is the first step in doing that. It’s a PR drive, an attempt to ‘sell the dream’ back to fans during season ticket renewal period. I fully expect he’ll tell fans what they want to hear tomorrow. I think RK was different in that he came in with a reputation of course, and a promotion under his belt but he was very much given cash to spend, and the academy wasn’t seen as a priority. I think that’s what ME means by a change of approach. Whether he backs it up with an appointment that shows intent will be interesting to see.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sporting Director on 23:04 - Apr 24 with 4163 viewsSuperfrans

Sporting Director on 22:14 - Apr 24 by linhdi

Royle / Unsworth dream ticket.

Nightmare ticket...

It would be the worst type of DoF structure. The whole benefit of a DoF is that you retain some continuity if the first team coach gets the boot. This wouldn’t be the case if your DoF and FTCoach are so closely linked.

The only linked DoF / FTCoach that would be worth doing would be something like Houllier/Gerrard, as it would be on the basis that Houllier steps down when Gerrard builds up his experience. Imho...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Sporting Director on 08:40 - Apr 25 with 3971 viewssundaze

Sporting Director on 22:10 - Apr 24 by Reuser_is_God

I wasn't comparing him to anyone, I was just saying that Evans has stated that we are likely to try something different. If it helps to calm you down a little, I would like to see us go for a young manager, someone who wants to make his mark and is keen to get to the Premier league, playing high tempo football. Okay?
Sporting Director on 09:44 - Apr 25 with 3890 viewsFreddy

Thought we all thought that was a bad idea when them down the road went down that route ?
Sporting Director on 09:46 - Apr 25 with 3886 viewschicoazul

Sporting Director on 19:18 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

They wouldn’t be more expensive than Mick was

Well no maybe not but we will still need a Manager as well.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sporting Director on 10:01 - Apr 25 with 3851 viewsconnorscontract

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned George Burley in this thread as a possible Sporting Director/Director of Football/Mentor to a younger coach. In recent weeks he has publicly stated his willingness to do anything he can to help ITFC.

In terms of ME winning the fans back over, Burley is the only man who has resonance for all fans aged 25 and up. Joe Royle would be another possibility, but he is older, may not want to relocate and obviously, although well-liked by most Town fans, hardly has the same status as George. On the plus side he has had experience of similar roles, which Burley doesn't.

If somebody like Gary White comes in from overseas then he would be a very sensible appointment, and maybe a good idea if one of the younger lower English League managers were appointed.

I'm just hoping Uncle Harry is nowhere near our club, although I do believe Lampard has a very good chance of becoming what he would call a "Top, Top Manager" and wouldn't be too averse to us taking a risk with him, although he isn't my first choice.

I'll be honest, my first choices are Warburton or Mowbray (if he'd come) but I'm a real sucker for the enthusiastic interviews given by Shefki and White.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 10:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024