Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some might say.. 12:51 - Apr 25 with 3015 viewsRedX

That the interview was done purely to put it out there that he is willing to sell the club.

Some might say.. on 12:52 - Apr 25 with 3007 viewsDanFord

Or some can say that he's just answering honestly the speculation about the club that is frequent after he took his name of the shirts.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Some might say.. on 12:57 - Apr 25 with 2957 viewsRedX

Some might say.. on 12:52 - Apr 25 by DanFord

Or some can say that he's just answering honestly the speculation about the club that is frequent after he took his name of the shirts.

If the Chelsea, Wolves or Norwich chairman was conducting one of these type interviews, do you think they would be asked about the club being available to a buyer?

Evans knew that question would be asked, or put it in there himself. He has in my opinion told potential buyers the club is available.

The rest is exactly what you'd expect and chairman to say.
Some might say.. on 12:59 - Apr 25 with 2933 viewsDanFord

Some might say.. on 12:57 - Apr 25 by RedX

If the Chelsea, Wolves or Norwich chairman was conducting one of these type interviews, do you think they would be asked about the club being available to a buyer?

Evans knew that question would be asked, or put it in there himself. He has in my opinion told potential buyers the club is available.

If they'd been in the Championship for 10 years, the owner had been there that long with no success, wanting throwing massive sums of money at it, had taken their name off the shirts for the first time and didn't gob off every 5 minutes in the media then yes I would.

Some might say.. on 13:02 - Apr 25 with 2896 viewsRedX

Some might say.. on 12:59 - Apr 25 by DanFord

If they'd been in the Championship for 10 years, the owner had been there that long with no success, wanting throwing massive sums of money at it, had taken their name off the shirts for the first time and didn't gob off every 5 minutes in the media then yes I would.

Fair points, but I still think there is a hidden agenda to all this.

I think we might be looking at new owners over the next 18 months. I suppose we will have to wait and see.
Some might say.. on 13:05 - Apr 25 with 2874 viewsDanFord

Some might say.. on 13:02 - Apr 25 by RedX

Fair points, but I still think there is a hidden agenda to all this.

I think we might be looking at new owners over the next 18 months. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

He clearly loves the club now, regardless of financial interest. But if you are losing £6m a year and someone comes in and offers you £100m profit instead then why not consider it. It's pretty obvious really that anyone would.

Some might say.. on 13:05 - Apr 25 with 2871 viewsSteve_M

I think it was more about season ticket sales.

There are other, more discrete, ways of letting people know he is open to offers from the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Some might say.. on 13:08 - Apr 25 with 2846 viewsSuperfrans

Some might say.. on 12:57 - Apr 25 by RedX

The nature of his response is why I don't think this was as stage-managed as some have suggested. His reaction was fine and safe, but not as prepared as you'd expect from someone who knew the question was coming. Unless he's a brilliant actor, along with being a billionaire.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Some might say.. on 13:17 - Apr 25 with 2799 viewsRedX

Some might say.. on 13:08 - Apr 25 by Superfrans

The nature of his response is why I don't think this was as stage-managed as some have suggested. His reaction was fine and safe, but not as prepared as you'd expect from someone who knew the question was coming. Unless he's a brilliant actor, along with being a billionaire.

These guys are very capable of answering simple questions like these without having to be stage managed. This is a very wealthy successful man who would be a very confident thinker/speaker. These guys rarely trip up even if they weren't shown any questions before hand.

I thought he came across ok. He really didn't say anything too exciting about the future. All eyes on who he appoints now. I think we will read more from that than any interview.
Login to get fewer ads

Some might say.. on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 2772 viewsfactual_blue

Some might say.. on 13:05 - Apr 25 by Steve_M

I think it was more about season ticket sales.

There are other, more discrete, ways of letting people know he is open to offers from the club.

*Discreet*

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Some might say.. on 14:15 - Apr 25 with 2681 viewsSteve_M

Some might say.. on 13:24 - Apr 25 by factual_blue

*Discreet*

Balls.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Some might say.. on 14:40 - Apr 25 with 2622 viewsGeoffSentence

What I read into it, was that he thinks the A12 is of poor quality, is confusing for rich foreign people and needs upgrading.

Good for him for putting the needs of the local area out there.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some might say.. on 16:50 - Apr 25 with 2521 viewsRedX

Some might say.. on 14:40 - Apr 25 by GeoffSentence

What I read into it, was that he thinks the A12 is of poor quality, is confusing for rich foreign people and needs upgrading.

Good for him for putting the needs of the local area out there.

Hmmmmmmm....

I love when sarcasm is funny. Unfortunately not this time.

Dissapointing.
Some might say.. on 16:58 - Apr 25 with 2495 viewsJimmyJazz

Yet he kind of admitted that his current situation of losing money each year is crazy. hardly the thing you would admit to in a selling pitch

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Some might say.. on 17:00 - Apr 25 with 2483 viewsMullet

Some might say.. on 14:15 - Apr 25 by Steve_M

Balls.

Still works to be fair. Ignore the Ixworth Ditchking, I shall chuck my coffee cup out of my window next time I drive past. I might even leave it half full.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Some might say.. on 17:15 - Apr 25 with 2464 viewsDeano69

It seemed like a fair answer/response to me. Doesn't pretty much everything have a price?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Some might say.. on 17:32 - Apr 25 with 2429 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Everybody has a price, that’s all I gathered from that. No real intent to sell. Take the example of your house, a lot of good memories, children born there, refurbed a little bit, no desire at all to live, but if someone offered you 20% more than it’s worth you’d consider it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024