Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Point Plan 08:55 - Apr 26 with 2063 viewspennblue

I am sorry, but this is a load of old tosh.

It is clear that the vast majority of teams that get promoted from this league, have money invested into the playing squad. It's not rocket science, look at where Man City and Chelsea are these days.

So, if the 'target' is to get promoted, the five point plan, has very little chance of succeeding, and is therefore a very poor plan.

If ME is not going to invest more money into the club, over and above what he is currently doing, then he should either sell up, or seek other investors that can / are willing to put more money in.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Five Point Plan on 08:56 - Apr 26 with 2057 viewsartsbossbeard

You missed the bit where he mentioned that there's been no interest by potential new owners?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Five Point Plan on 09:04 - Apr 26 with 2016 viewsdirtyboy

<immaturemodeon>
Your face is a load of old tosh
</immaturemodeoff>

To reply (although I don't know why i'm wasting valuable typing time on you) a plan is something you put in place to achieve a set goal over a defined period of time.

You're right on Man City and Chelsea, but what is also not rocket science is that Evans isn't anywhere near as wealthy as those owners nor are there many people that rich (and who have an interest in football, let alone Ipswich Town) in the world.

The plan is perfectly respectable, it's not going to make us champions in a season, but if that's the plan, then stick to it and see what happens.
Five Point Plan on 09:28 - Apr 26 with 1976 viewsGuthrum

Man City (established mid-table Prem before the money came) and Chelsea (winning cups and well up the Prem long before Abramovich arrived) are irrelevant.

If you look closer at the likes of Swansea and Bournemouth, they took a long run-up of gradual investment and building, which was eventually able to catapault them into the Prem.

Which is better, to spend £10m over three years building up a decent, cohesive squad, bringing in and developing our own and others' youth talent, developing momentum, or to gamble twice that on a single shot at promotion, with financial ruin the price of even narrow failure?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Five Point Plan on 09:29 - Apr 26 with 1974 viewsJ2BLUE

You are not willing to invest massive amounts of money and there is no outside interest to invest.

What's your better plan than the current one?

Please note that while I don't think the five point plan is the best idea for getting out of this division, it's hard to come up with anything better under the circumstances.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Five Point Plan on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 1956 viewsStokieBlue

Five Point Plan on 09:28 - Apr 26 by Guthrum

Man City (established mid-table Prem before the money came) and Chelsea (winning cups and well up the Prem long before Abramovich arrived) are irrelevant.

If you look closer at the likes of Swansea and Bournemouth, they took a long run-up of gradual investment and building, which was eventually able to catapault them into the Prem.

Which is better, to spend £10m over three years building up a decent, cohesive squad, bringing in and developing our own and others' youth talent, developing momentum, or to gamble twice that on a single shot at promotion, with financial ruin the price of even narrow failure?

Not sure about Bournemouth in that example:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-aft

They did through money at it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Five Point Plan on 09:33 - Apr 26 with 1952 viewsGuthrum

Five Point Plan on 09:31 - Apr 26 by StokieBlue

Not sure about Bournemouth in that example:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-aft

They did through money at it.

SB

Perhaps that wasn't such a good example, altho the big money was chucked in at the last stage, to get them over the line. We're not yet in that position.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Five Point Plan on 10:52 - Apr 26 with 1878 viewsCurrie10

Five Point Plan on 09:28 - Apr 26 by Guthrum

Sheff Weds are an interesting point here - they've gone for it and may find a very interesting summer instore. See what happens with them.

Unfortunately, far too many clubs have risen / with some massive ones also stuck.

See Forest/ Leeds/ Wendy/ Norwich etc etc Villa what a ridiculous league.

Least we haven't gone the way of Bury/Port Vale/Crewe/Tranmere/Swindon - all established division 1 clubs in the mid to late 90s.
Five Point Plan on 19:05 - Apr 26 with 1774 viewspennblue

Five Point Plan on 09:29 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

You are not willing to invest massive amounts of money and there is no outside interest to invest.

What's your better plan than the current one?

Please note that while I don't think the five point plan is the best idea for getting out of this division, it's hard to come up with anything better under the circumstances.

My plan would include seeking new investment, either looking for a new owner entirely, or look to build a consortium, where Evans continues to put money in, but he shares the burden with others, so as a collective, they have less risk, and a greater chance of success.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Five Point Plan on 20:59 - Apr 26 with 1706 viewsstrikalite

Derby, Leeds, Sheff Wds, to name just three who have spent very big over the last few seasons....where are they? I agree with what he said in that next season we have quality to come into the squad FIT and like new recruits in Huws, Dozzell, Adeyemi, Bishop, Downes...well, there's £20m plus arguably right there in today's crazy market...

Get a decent coach in, who know's....injuries are always key, we keep these guys fit we could do alright..
Five Point Plan on 21:04 - Apr 26 with 1699 viewssparks

Five Point Plan on 19:05 - Apr 26 by pennblue

My plan would include seeking new investment, either looking for a new owner entirely, or look to build a consortium, where Evans continues to put money in, but he shares the burden with others, so as a collective, they have less risk, and a greater chance of success.

less risk, less reward, so less motive for evans and no backers so far as we know... doesnt work.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Five Point Plan on 21:16 - Apr 26 with 1678 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If there was an obvious, simple, easy plan that works, all the clubs would be doing it and it would only work for 3 of them (and 3 of them would still be relegated).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024