Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those of you who support an NFL franchise 20:41 - Apr 27 with 6205 viewsm14_blue

Would you switch to a London based team?

Jacksonville Jaguars - coming soon to a stadium near you.
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 20:49 - Apr 27 with 6186 viewsSwansea_Blue

How do people become a supporter of a team they never get to see? I don't get it. You *become* a supporter through blood, sweat and tears of watching a team in the flesh through the ups and downs, by being part of the experience. If you chose to follow a team without that emotional attachment, you're just a customer.

Sorry, that might have come across harsher than intended! But 'Supporting' a foreign team and then chosing to switch to another one and becoming a supporter of another instead are concepts I struggle with.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 20:53 - Apr 27 with 6175 viewsCrofty

Think you'd have to have some affinity with them if they moved the franchise over to London but think it would take sometime to build and most would still follow their original team if from all be it a distance.
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 20:56 - Apr 27 with 6171 viewsBinner

I'm not into NFL but my son is keen and has adopted the Broncos as his team. I love him dearly but have told him that if he ever starts calling Jacksonville the 'Jagwaaahs' he will be instantly disinherited.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 21:10 - Apr 27 with 6129 viewsitfcjoe

I don’t think so, I’d say I’m pretty loyal to the Vikings having seen them on both sides of the Atlantic

But I love live NFL, and would likely get a ST there so if I were to watch them a lot am sure I’d develop a soft spot

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 21:19 - Apr 27 with 6088 viewsm14_blue

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 20:49 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

How do people become a supporter of a team they never get to see? I don't get it. You *become* a supporter through blood, sweat and tears of watching a team in the flesh through the ups and downs, by being part of the experience. If you chose to follow a team without that emotional attachment, you're just a customer.

Sorry, that might have come across harsher than intended! But 'Supporting' a foreign team and then chosing to switch to another one and becoming a supporter of another instead are concepts I struggle with.

I pretty much agree but I know that quite a few on here follow particular franchises and would certainly consider themselves supporters.

I have no interest in NFL at all but am fascinated by the idea of an english team and how much support it would get. The whole franchise model is just so alien to how we do sport over here (with one ugly, soon to be relegated, exception).
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 21:20 - Apr 27 with 6089 viewsFtnfwest

Won’t they be London jaguars then?
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 02:21 - Apr 28 with 5958 viewsconnorscontract

This is the worst kept secret in world sports.

It's been on the card for years. Now they have finally had a decent season Khan has deemed it time to move in.

I've been telling all on here who are new to NFL to support the Jaguars as they were likely to become a London franchise, and, at the very least, were guaranteed for London games in the short term.

I'll consider switching, or taking Jags as my second team, depending on season ticket price and likely timings of matches.
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 06:19 - Apr 28 with 5898 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No

Not sure why you’re acting it’s such a revelation - they’ve been building up to come over here for years

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 07:37 - Apr 28 with 5854 viewsPinewoodblue

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 02:21 - Apr 28 by connorscontract

This is the worst kept secret in world sports.

It's been on the card for years. Now they have finally had a decent season Khan has deemed it time to move in.

I've been telling all on here who are new to NFL to support the Jaguars as they were likely to become a London franchise, and, at the very least, were guaranteed for London games in the short term.

I'll consider switching, or taking Jags as my second team, depending on season ticket price and likely timings of matches.

Surely they will be London something else not London Jaguars, unless of course Jaguar sponsor them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 07:44 - Apr 28 with 5850 viewsRadlett_blue

I like the NFL, but don't have a huge appetite for sitting in a freezing cold Wembley on a December evening for 4 hours, especially as I'm sure the ticket prices will be high (plus £6 for a beer). If it was on in the summer, different matter (but that clearly isn't going to happen). Call me an old wuss if you like!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 08:48 - Apr 28 with 5819 viewswkj

Nope, My roots are in Kansas, so I will remain supporting the Missouri based Kansas City Chiefs
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 9:55]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 5779 viewsconnorscontract

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 07:44 - Apr 28 by Radlett_blue

I like the NFL, but don't have a huge appetite for sitting in a freezing cold Wembley on a December evening for 4 hours, especially as I'm sure the ticket prices will be high (plus £6 for a beer). If it was on in the summer, different matter (but that clearly isn't going to happen). Call me an old wuss if you like!

Ticket prices were pretty fair for the International Series games, especially if you bought a "season ticket" to all three.
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 09:50 - Apr 28 with 5764 viewsRadlett_blue

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 09:27 - Apr 28 by connorscontract

Ticket prices were pretty fair for the International Series games, especially if you bought a "season ticket" to all three.

Fair enough. And if there are regular games, they will lose their novelty value & the prices will have to fall. How successful the team is will also play a part.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 09:52 - Apr 28 with 5761 viewsJ2BLUE

I love NFL but don't support a team. Partly because I was waiting for a UK franchise and partly because it felt forced and not at all like I felt about Town.

We'll see. I quite like just being a neutral.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 09:56 - Apr 28 with 5757 viewswkj

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 09:52 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I love NFL but don't support a team. Partly because I was waiting for a UK franchise and partly because it felt forced and not at all like I felt about Town.

We'll see. I quite like just being a neutral.

To be honest NFL is a very easy league to be neutral in, as long as you don't opt to support two rivals, such as the Chiefs and Broncos, etc

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 10:00 - Apr 28 with 5750 viewsTractorCam

No chance, sure they'd be an adapted '2nd team' but I wouldn't be able to just ditch my Steelers like that!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 10:10 - Apr 28 with 5731 viewsshoopdelang

Yes. As they would then be like a “ local team “... only not.
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 15:00 - Apr 28 with 5639 viewsDBaldy

Nope - New Orleans has been my team since 1991 and that's not gonna change.
Those of you who support an NFL franchise on 15:26 - Apr 28 with 5618 viewsCoastalblue

I'm an occasional watcher with a Marino inspired fondness for the Dolphins. I could be tempted to go to games now I'm living in London but Wembley is just such a pain to get to. Shame really.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024