Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Donald 03:37 - Apr 28 with 9447 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Away from his bonkers comments through twitter (which can’t be ignored obviously), his leadership has been far less of a car crash than I was expected.

There will still a load of demonstrations in July I expect when he comes over here but I think postponing it for the last few months will have helped. The numbers will be less I reckon.

I’d say his actions with the diplomats in Russia and backing us up over that shenanigans was quite surprising and he deserves credit for that. Then today I saw that the Korean War has ended and Trump probably deserves credit for that too to some extent. His crazy threats could’ve caused a war but it’s gone the other way and worked.

On the whole, I expected a below average year from The Donald but he’s at a Satisfactory on the Rommy/Ofster rating. Surprisingly.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The Donald on 14:00 - Apr 28 with 1513 viewsvapour_trail

The Donald on 13:39 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Agreed. To be fair some people are willing to change their minds as his approval ratings were apparently recently the highest they had been. Others do seem a bit disappointed it hasn't gone wrong. Even Grizzly has gone quiet about him being removed from office.

Yeah I was thinking that the other day, the weekly predictions of his imminent removal from office seem to have dried up.

Still think he’ll do two full terms.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Donald on 14:08 - Apr 28 with 1507 viewsLord_Lucan

The Donald on 14:00 - Apr 28 by vapour_trail

Yeah I was thinking that the other day, the weekly predictions of his imminent removal from office seem to have dried up.

Still think he’ll do two full terms.

So do I.

I still think he's a bit of a tool but I am now asking myself if he is more intelligent than I gave him credit for.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Donald on 14:18 - Apr 28 with 1500 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

Trump is a whopper of the highest order but surely we have to have respect for the highest office of our biggest ally?

I can't believe he is the first President that Brits at large have disliked? It just seems to be very en vogue to get shouty about stuff these days.

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

The Donald on 14:55 - Apr 28 with 1486 viewslowhouseblue

The Donald on 10:33 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

Brendan O'Neill needs to get a new template, this one's long run its course - he's a self proclaimed 'contrarian' whose words are so predictable that he's really more a 'reactionary' who has worn out the 'ctrl' 'c' and 'v' keys on his computer.

Rather presumptuous of him to say that there is no crossover between anti-Trumps and the anti-anything else. He is also incredibly ignorant (deliberately so, I think in dear old Brendan's case here) of why people have this feeling towards Trump but not for the others mentioned: if Salman or Erdogan were as active and as brash as Trump is on social media then Brendan would have a point. Trump makes it incredibly easy for people to know what his thoughts and views are, and besides, he's always been a TV celebrity who knows how to keep his face in the public eye. That people constantly fail to realise or take in this factor is astonishing, and O'Neill knows it but it would destroy his 'argument' to admit it. Yeah, sure, people should probably be consistent or, if they're going to engage in this sort of thing, have an interest in politics that is more than skin deep, but in this modern age you can't blame people for not doing so, and you certainly can't pin it on the reasons O'Neill claims it to be.

He's fast completing the right-wing bellend bingo card with 'virtue-signalling' and references to Clinton and the EU, simply refusing to comprehend anything outside his blinkered viewpoint which I doubt in his heart of hearts actually believes but he's stuck making a living out of being a dickhead so he may as well continue, especially as people are so gullible to actually take in the crap that comes out of his mouth. He probably giggles to himself whenever someone agrees with him with sincerity.

other than saying that people object to trump, rather than salman or erdogan, because trump is on twitter your post is contentless. dismissing someone as having a 'blinkered viewpoint' on the basis of nothing more than name calling is, errr, very blinkered.

and, why can't you blame people for not having an interest in politics that is more than skin deep? 'in this modern age' is just an utterly meaningless bland cliche.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 15:01]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 14:59 - Apr 28 with 1479 viewslowhouseblue

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 10:35 - Apr 28 by tcblue

Who does? You've created a narrative here to make your point which on many levels feels disingenuous. You have:

1.) Created a set of people who you nor anyone else can challenge in terms of who 'they' are
2.) Applied your opinion onto this phantom group
3.) Completely ignored the relevance that media coverage, as well as the fact it is our closest ally's leader

You might as well have said "I can't believe there's a group of Arborians who take issue with Ming the Merciless, when Prince Barin forces innocent people to take trial by Wood Beast"

And yes, I like Flash Gordon

if you follow the thread you'll see that 'they' are the people who have responded to trump's visit by saying they will demonstrate. i haven't created a narrative I have posted a quote.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 15:36]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Donald on 15:10 - Apr 28 with 1475 viewsLankHenners

The Donald on 14:55 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

other than saying that people object to trump, rather than salman or erdogan, because trump is on twitter your post is contentless. dismissing someone as having a 'blinkered viewpoint' on the basis of nothing more than name calling is, errr, very blinkered.

and, why can't you blame people for not having an interest in politics that is more than skin deep? 'in this modern age' is just an utterly meaningless bland cliche.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 15:01]

That's very clearly not what I said so I won't labour the point if you refuse to even understand it. Maybe 'blinkered' was the wrong word, as he doesn't really have a real viewpoint, it's just repeating the same inane right-wing 'contrarian' stuff that the likes of Paul Watson, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon etc. peddle that is very easy to see though. And it's not 'based on name calling' (which makes no sense anyway), I call him that because I think that's what he is.

Because rightly or wrongly there are plenty of people who are satisfied with headlines and tidbits from social media and that's something you have to accept, which leads to them being more aware of Trump than they are of Erdogan etc. Modern age/age of social media, whatever you want to call it - it is what it is. As much as you'd like people to be clued up on everything politically and have extensive nuance into every situation, it's just not going to happen. Trump is a very aggressive self-promoter and it's no surprise that things he says/does gets picked up more by the (very) casual reader than other things that you feel they should be as much if not more concerned about.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The Donald on 15:30 - Apr 28 with 1448 viewslowhouseblue

The Donald on 15:10 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

That's very clearly not what I said so I won't labour the point if you refuse to even understand it. Maybe 'blinkered' was the wrong word, as he doesn't really have a real viewpoint, it's just repeating the same inane right-wing 'contrarian' stuff that the likes of Paul Watson, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon etc. peddle that is very easy to see though. And it's not 'based on name calling' (which makes no sense anyway), I call him that because I think that's what he is.

Because rightly or wrongly there are plenty of people who are satisfied with headlines and tidbits from social media and that's something you have to accept, which leads to them being more aware of Trump than they are of Erdogan etc. Modern age/age of social media, whatever you want to call it - it is what it is. As much as you'd like people to be clued up on everything politically and have extensive nuance into every situation, it's just not going to happen. Trump is a very aggressive self-promoter and it's no surprise that things he says/does gets picked up more by the (very) casual reader than other things that you feel they should be as much if not more concerned about.

it's actually very much what you said: "why people have this feeling towards Trump but not for the others mentioned: if Salman or Erdogan were as active and as brash as Trump is on social media then Brendan would have a point. Trump makes it incredibly easy for people to know what his thoughts and views are, and besides, he's always been a TV celebrity who knows how to keep his face in the public eye. That people constantly fail to realise or take in this factor is astonishing, and O'Neill knows it but it would destroy his 'argument' to admit it."

i'd be quite interested in your views on brendan o'nell in general, but you would need to explain what specifically you disagree with him on and why rather than just attach a series of labels.

The Donald on 15:57 - Apr 28 with 1421 viewsBluesquid

5 years after his comments the US with around 14 military bases illegally occupies nearly a third of Syrian territory.

Draining the swamp...
Login to get fewer ads

The Donald on 16:09 - Apr 28 with 1408 viewsLord_Lucan

The Donald on 15:57 - Apr 28 by Bluesquid

5 years after his comments the US with around 14 military bases illegally occupies nearly a third of Syrian territory.

Draining the swamp...

Although he is nowhere near world record holder Obama in missile launches and drone strikes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Donald on 16:19 - Apr 28 with 1397 viewsLankHenners

The Donald on 15:30 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

it's actually very much what you said: "why people have this feeling towards Trump but not for the others mentioned: if Salman or Erdogan were as active and as brash as Trump is on social media then Brendan would have a point. Trump makes it incredibly easy for people to know what his thoughts and views are, and besides, he's always been a TV celebrity who knows how to keep his face in the public eye. That people constantly fail to realise or take in this factor is astonishing, and O'Neill knows it but it would destroy his 'argument' to admit it."

i'd be quite interested in your views on brendan o'nell in general, but you would need to explain what specifically you disagree with him on and why rather than just attach a series of labels.

That's more than 'because he's on Twitter' as you put it.

O'Neill, as I've said, is a reactionary dressed up as a contrarian. If a story comes out that paints a right-wing figure in a bad light or there are accusations of something unsavoury against someone or a group of people, you can bet your life that O'Neill will come out with a copy and paste story defending those people. He's obsessed with the 'elite' which he uses as a synonym for anyone who has a differing opinion from him, particularly those of a more liberal leaning. Often takes very small examples of something and exaggerates it (with a token lack of self-awareness) and then complains about people doing the same thing. Someone will go over the top saying all Brexiteers are racist (e.g.) and he'll come flying out the blocks chastising the 'liberal elite' for being so intolerant when in reality it's one daft b*gger being over-dramatic. He loves it though. He wants people to keep being silly in such a way as it allows him to stir up hysteria and outrage. Pushes the sneering 'free speech is not allowed anymore' 'no more jokes allowed' lines which simply aren't true, him being in a job the main flaw in his argument.

IIRC was firmly in the 'why are they coming out with this now' 'they can't all be telling the truth' 'they should have kept it in the past' camps with regards to Weinstein etc. Would have to track down the specific articles but wouldn't be surprised to see phrases like 'witch hunt' and 'media outrage' used. Like Farage he claims to be 'for the working class' but in reality just longs to be part of the 'elite' that he gives so much stick. Plus he's anti gay marriage.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The Donald on 16:46 - Apr 28 with 1376 viewsJ2BLUE

The Donald on 15:57 - Apr 28 by Bluesquid

Draining the swamp...

It's a bit sad that you need to go back five years and ignore chemical weapons attacks in order to have a dig. If he had refused to take action with France and Britain he'd have been criticised regardless. Some of you are just so desperate to attack him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Donald on 17:00 - Apr 28 with 1361 viewsBluesquid

The Donald on 16:46 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

It's a bit sad that you need to go back five years and ignore chemical weapons attacks in order to have a dig. If he had refused to take action with France and Britain he'd have been criticised regardless. Some of you are just so desperate to attack him.

Damn, i knew there was something that i'd forgotten.
Fair play to Don though, he had just announced plans to withdraw US troops and then BAM!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024