Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Donald 03:37 - Apr 28 with 9445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Away from his bonkers comments through twitter (which can’t be ignored obviously), his leadership has been far less of a car crash than I was expected.

There will still a load of demonstrations in July I expect when he comes over here but I think postponing it for the last few months will have helped. The numbers will be less I reckon.

I’d say his actions with the diplomats in Russia and backing us up over that shenanigans was quite surprising and he deserves credit for that. Then today I saw that the Korean War has ended and Trump probably deserves credit for that too to some extent. His crazy threats could’ve caused a war but it’s gone the other way and worked.

On the whole, I expected a below average year from The Donald but he’s at a Satisfactory on the Rommy/Ofster rating. Surprisingly.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The Donald on 06:50 - Apr 28 with 7850 viewsReuser_is_God

Any one in the UK protesting about Trump is a moron.

He’s president of the U.S - fcuk all to do with us.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Donald on 07:09 - Apr 28 with 7820 viewstcblue

The Donald on 06:50 - Apr 28 by Reuser_is_God

Does this fabulous logic extend to other countries' leaders?
The Donald on 07:16 - Apr 28 with 7804 viewsSE1blue

There’s a really drunk guy doing 100mph in the fast lane, but it’s OK, he’s not in my car.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

The Donald on 07:37 - Apr 28 with 7778 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Retweeting Britain First, Steel tariffs
Nothing to do with us

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

The Donald on 08:00 - Apr 28 with 7744 viewsBenters2

This.
The Donald on 08:40 - Apr 28 with 7690 viewswkj

Doesn't stop him sticking his snout in our business though does it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Donald on 08:53 - Apr 28 with 7666 viewslowhouseblue

this from brendan o'nell sums it up nicely:

"There’s something weird about the glee that overcame certain Brits when they heard Trump is visiting Britain in July. They can’t wait to dust down their placards, don their pussy hats, and take to the streets to rage against the ‘tangerine tyrant’. But if they’re so political, surely they’d have marched against Theresa May at some point, over Syria, or Windrush? And why didn’t they raise a peep during the visit of Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman last month? He really mistreats Muslims: represses them, beheads them, plunges them into famine (see Yemen). He denies women basic rights, yet no pussy hats for him. Next month President Erdogan of Turkey is coming here: there are no excitable tweets about railing against this persecutor of journalists and warmaker against the Kurds. Why Trump and not them? Because protesting against Trump isn’t actually political — it’s therapeutic, it’s visceral, it’s virtue-signalling with bells on. It’s about venting an often snooty emotional angst about the state of the world and against disobedient voters who won’t do as they’re told and choose Hillary or the EU. The big anti-Trump demo won’t really be a political march — it will be a middle-class primal scream."

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:05 - Apr 28 with 7658 viewsDyland

The Donald on 08:53 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

"There’s something weird about the glee that overcame certain Brits when they heard Trump is visiting Britain in July. They can’t wait to dust down their placards, don their pussy hats, and take to the streets to rage against the ‘tangerine tyrant’. But if they’re so political, surely they’d have marched against Theresa May at some point, over Syria, or Windrush? And why didn’t they raise a peep during the visit of Saudi prince Mohammed bin Salman last month? He really mistreats Muslims: represses them, beheads them, plunges them into famine (see Yemen). He denies women basic rights, yet no pussy hats for him. Next month President Erdogan of Turkey is coming here: there are no excitable tweets about railing against this persecutor of journalists and warmaker against the Kurds. Why Trump and not them? Because protesting against Trump isn’t actually political — it’s therapeutic, it’s visceral, it’s virtue-signalling with bells on. It’s about venting an often snooty emotional angst about the state of the world and against disobedient voters who won’t do as they’re told and choose Hillary or the EU. The big anti-Trump demo won’t really be a political march — it will be a middle-class primal scream."

Not as many, sure, but it hasn't/won't get the same media coverage.

You need to watch a wider range of media outlets Lowers :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

He's a narcissistic bellend on 09:06 - Apr 28 with 7651 viewsDyland

The end.

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:07 - Apr 28 with 7648 viewslowhouseblue

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:05 - Apr 28 by Dyland

Not as many, sure, but it hasn't/won't get the same media coverage.

You need to watch a wider range of media outlets Lowers :)

he's not saying there weren't demonstrations - he saying that the people who are vocal in claiming the moral high ground over trump weren't the ones demonstrating.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 7640 viewsDyland

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:07 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

he's not saying there weren't demonstrations - he saying that the people who are vocal in claiming the moral high ground over trump weren't the ones demonstrating.

I get that, but maybe the bods he's talking about aren't particularly political, they just can't stand Trump.

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:18 - Apr 28 with 7615 viewslowhouseblue

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:11 - Apr 28 by Dyland

I get that, but maybe the bods he's talking about aren't particularly political, they just can't stand Trump.

that's the point. they hate the democratically elected leader of our major ally more than saudi prince mohammed bin salman or erdogan. that's very weird set of preferences.

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 10:14 - Apr 28 with 7571 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:18 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

that's the point. they hate the democratically elected leader of our major ally more than saudi prince mohammed bin salman or erdogan. that's very weird set of preferences.

Identity politics innit. You’d be on dodgy ground protesting against someone who’s not white
The Donald on 10:33 - Apr 28 with 7538 viewsLankHenners

The Donald on 08:53 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

Brendan O'Neill needs to get a new template, this one's long run its course - he's a self proclaimed 'contrarian' whose words are so predictable that he's really more a 'reactionary' who has worn out the 'ctrl' 'c' and 'v' keys on his computer.

Rather presumptuous of him to say that there is no crossover between anti-Trumps and the anti-anything else. He is also incredibly ignorant (deliberately so, I think in dear old Brendan's case here) of why people have this feeling towards Trump but not for the others mentioned: if Salman or Erdogan were as active and as brash as Trump is on social media then Brendan would have a point. Trump makes it incredibly easy for people to know what his thoughts and views are, and besides, he's always been a TV celebrity who knows how to keep his face in the public eye. That people constantly fail to realise or take in this factor is astonishing, and O'Neill knows it but it would destroy his 'argument' to admit it. Yeah, sure, people should probably be consistent or, if they're going to engage in this sort of thing, have an interest in politics that is more than skin deep, but in this modern age you can't blame people for not doing so, and you certainly can't pin it on the reasons O'Neill claims it to be.

He's fast completing the right-wing bellend bingo card with 'virtue-signalling' and references to Clinton and the EU, simply refusing to comprehend anything outside his blinkered viewpoint which I doubt in his heart of hearts actually believes but he's stuck making a living out of being a dickhead so he may as well continue, especially as people are so gullible to actually take in the crap that comes out of his mouth. He probably giggles to himself whenever someone agrees with him with sincerity.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 10:35 - Apr 28 with 7522 viewstcblue

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 09:18 - Apr 28 by lowhouseblue

Who does? You've created a narrative here to make your point which on many levels feels disingenuous. You have:

1.) Created a set of people who you nor anyone else can challenge in terms of who 'they' are
2.) Applied your opinion onto this phantom group
3.) Completely ignored the relevance that media coverage, as well as the fact it is our closest ally's leader

You might as well have said "I can't believe there's a group of Arborians who take issue with Ming the Merciless, when Prince Barin forces innocent people to take trial by Wood Beast"

And yes, I like Flash Gordon
The Donald on 10:43 - Apr 28 with 7514 viewsGuthrum

The Korean War hasn't ended yet. No peace treaty has been signed.

However, altho Trump wasn't the prime mover in the diplomatic process (that accolade belongs to Moon), he is due credit for having the wit to take it up and run with it. Something many past or potential future US Presidents would not have done, either through human rights/democratic distaste or through ideological antagonism.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 10:47]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Donald on 10:48 - Apr 28 with 7500 viewsvapour_trail

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 10:49 - Apr 28 with 7496 viewsvapour_trail

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 10:14 - Apr 28 by FrowsyArmLarry

Identity politics innit. You’d be on dodgy ground protesting against someone who’s not white

Really? How about Mugabe?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Donald on 10:49 - Apr 28 with 7495 viewsGuthrum

It's also the case that he has been blocked in some of his less pleasant initiatives by Congress, including rebellions by a number of leading Republicans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Donald on 11:02 - Apr 28 with 7458 viewsjaykay

The Donald on 10:33 - Apr 28 by LankHenners

Brendan O'Neill needs to get a new template, this one's long run its course - he's a self proclaimed 'contrarian' whose words are so predictable that he's really more a 'reactionary' who has worn out the 'ctrl' 'c' and 'v' keys on his computer.

Rather presumptuous of him to say that there is no crossover between anti-Trumps and the anti-anything else. He is also incredibly ignorant (deliberately so, I think in dear old Brendan's case here) of why people have this feeling towards Trump but not for the others mentioned: if Salman or Erdogan were as active and as brash as Trump is on social media then Brendan would have a point. Trump makes it incredibly easy for people to know what his thoughts and views are, and besides, he's always been a TV celebrity who knows how to keep his face in the public eye. That people constantly fail to realise or take in this factor is astonishing, and O'Neill knows it but it would destroy his 'argument' to admit it. Yeah, sure, people should probably be consistent or, if they're going to engage in this sort of thing, have an interest in politics that is more than skin deep, but in this modern age you can't blame people for not doing so, and you certainly can't pin it on the reasons O'Neill claims it to be.

He's fast completing the right-wing bellend bingo card with 'virtue-signalling' and references to Clinton and the EU, simply refusing to comprehend anything outside his blinkered viewpoint which I doubt in his heart of hearts actually believes but he's stuck making a living out of being a dickhead so he may as well continue, especially as people are so gullible to actually take in the crap that comes out of his mouth. He probably giggles to himself whenever someone agrees with him with sincerity.

as a famous orator said once " this"

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The Donald on 11:03 - Apr 28 with 7455 viewsDarth_Koont

His Twitterific bluster makes him look a fool but when these words aren't always turned into action then I can see why people think he's not actually doing anything THAT bad.

Problem is that behind all this grandstanding shenanigans are his appointments in places like the Environmental Protection Agency and NSA, which are taking the US backwards. May be a blip and these things can be easily returned to normalcy when Trump is voted out or impeached but if they're heralding a new era where the US looks more and more inwards (and backwards) then we're basically seeing Christian fundamentalism-nationalism taking hold of the country.

Who knows where that could lead? But I wouldn't put money on global peace and love.

Pronouns: He/Him

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 7340 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Plenty of people have and will protest about those other visits you mention on 10:49 - Apr 28 by vapour_trail

Really? How about Mugabe?

If he stood for mayor of London today v Zak goldsmith mugabe would win
The Donald on 13:24 - Apr 28 with 7323 viewsLord_Lucan

Much to the disappointment of many the world has not ended since Trumpy Wumpy stood up.

The US economy is absolutely booming and it looks like we have some meaningful things happening in N Korea.

I had very high hopes in Obama and I had very low hopes in Trump but looking back Obama was quite a disappointment. Donald has Trumped him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Donald on 13:39 - Apr 28 with 7285 viewsJ2BLUE

The Donald on 13:24 - Apr 28 by Lord_Lucan

Much to the disappointment of many the world has not ended since Trumpy Wumpy stood up.

The US economy is absolutely booming and it looks like we have some meaningful things happening in N Korea.

I had very high hopes in Obama and I had very low hopes in Trump but looking back Obama was quite a disappointment. Donald has Trumped him.

Agreed. To be fair some people are willing to change their minds as his approval ratings were apparently recently the highest they had been. Others do seem a bit disappointed it hasn't gone wrong. Even Grizzly has gone quiet about him being removed from office.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Donald (n/t) on 13:44 - Apr 28 with 7269 viewsLord_Lucan

The Donald on 13:39 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

Agreed. To be fair some people are willing to change their minds as his approval ratings were apparently recently the highest they had been. Others do seem a bit disappointed it hasn't gone wrong. Even Grizzly has gone quiet about him being removed from office.

When Trump stood for Pres I was furious, I thought it was wrong that someone outside of politics should be allowed to stand, I had visions of Kim Kardashian or Jay Z standing next.

I'm not saying Donald is the answer but I think businessman should take more of a seat. When you think about it Alan Sugar is more capable of running GB PLC that Theresa bloody May.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 13:48]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024