Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club 15:29 - Apr 28 with 21475 viewsDanFord

Never have I witnessed anything as tragic as I’ve seen today. Norwich have had a guard of honour for Wes Hoolahoop. Unbelievable. Can you imagine if we’d done that for Wilnis or Tommy Smith? I’ve only just stopped laughing. Tin pottery at its peak. Delia readying for hug. The opposition having to join in. Wetting myself. This is more than Fergie got after 30 trophies!!!

[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 15:32]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:32 - Apr 28 with 14080 viewswkj

Delia looks as pished as usual

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:43 - Apr 28 with 13971 viewsEastTownBlue

Along with Huckerby and Iwan Roberts, he will be considered a “legend” in Norwich City history.
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:49 - Apr 28 with 13870 viewsDeano69

Just scored.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:49 - Apr 28 with 13859 viewsfloridaboy

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:43 - Apr 28 by EastTownBlue

Along with Huckerby and Iwan Roberts, he will be considered a “legend” in Norwich City history.

And Leeds have let the 'legend' equalise!!!!

Comical!
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:59 - Apr 28 with 13708 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Have to disagree with you about this. He’s a great player and pivotal to the success they’ve had in recent years.

Wish we had got him when they did.... but we were too tight as usual
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:04 - Apr 28 with 13638 viewsWestover

Another Wally with a Brolly ;-)
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:08 - Apr 28 with 13592 viewsBlueorder

F@ck knows what they would do if they actually won something.
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:24 - Apr 28 with 13456 viewsbritbiker

The weather is not great for that open top bus parade after the game. I wonder is the bronze statue will look like him.
Login to get fewer ads

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:32 - Apr 28 with 13394 viewsJ2BLUE

I really don't see anything wrong with this. He's been a hell of a servant for them. Glad he's going.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:57 - Apr 28 with 13176 viewsKeno

Surprised she didn’t start playing the old rusty trombone as a tribute to him

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 17:12 - Apr 28 with 12916 viewsfloridaboy

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:32 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I really don't see anything wrong with this. He's been a hell of a servant for them. Glad he's going.

We should have done the same for Tommy!!
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 17:23 - Apr 28 with 12781 viewsPinewoodblue

Won't be time on Look East for town goals then.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 17:34 - Apr 28 with 12665 viewsMullet

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/only-way-is-up-for-wes-after-rant-257

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 17:58 - Apr 28 with 12447 viewsbritbiker

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 16:32 - Apr 28 by J2BLUE

I am quite pleased he is going as he is one I always feared having a good game. Why is he going? Are they reducing their wage structure or has he had better offers in America/China etc
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 12408 viewsSuperfrans

It is a bit embarrassing, but it is understandable. The fact is that the past 10 years have been among the most exciting/eventful in their history and he has been a big part of it.

I’d like to think that if we had a an important player who spent so long with us as he did with them, we’d see him off properly.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 18:40 - Apr 28 with 12219 viewsBerlinBlue

Or our dear rivals are simply showing how much they value him. He's been a very good player for them. Don't see the issue.
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 22:02 - Apr 28 with 11731 viewsamdam81

Really? The only thing tinpot is you're post . Ave a look at yourself .

Amdam81

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 22:08 - Apr 28 with 11674 viewsArnieM

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:49 - Apr 28 by Deano69

Just scored.

Yer, but did you see the “ goal”. Christ with luck like that scum would win a World Cup!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 22:21 - Apr 28 with 11615 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You've never seen such a drawn out substitution, he had a little hug with each player(including the keeper) on the way off and then a little cry as he trudged off. Was a pleasure to personslly encourage him to f'off and then minutes later wave goodbye to Maddison. Even better was getting to celebrate the 0-4 result as I walked out with my visiting Leeds mate.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 00:22 - Apr 29 with 11314 viewsTheBlueBarca

Agreed.

However Tommy Smith did well over 10 years here as a youth and a first team player and wasn't even granted a testimonial. Nobody seemed to care about that either, least of all the soulless husk that we once called a club. I guess thats what Evans means by doing things different, no testimonials, failing to pay ex managers compensation (like Magic who had also been here for a decade as a player and manager), and signing Leon Best because your budget is so restricted thats the best you managed after selling your best player.

At least Norwich are honouring their players service.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

(No subject) (n/t) on 02:44 - Apr 29 with 11180 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

All due respect Hoolahan was a good player for them, fitted in well and became a pivotal part of the team over time. Fair enough if they wish to hold some ceremonial honor for the player, he's obviously held in high regard by the support there.

As believe someone mentioned, there's zero chance of a trophy for them or having won anything that signifies credibility, so why not applaud someone who has given the team some fine service. They haven't much else to celebrate or honor in fairness.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2018 2:45]
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 06:16 - Apr 29 with 10950 viewsshamboy

Norwich do this sort of thing rather well. It's something we can learn from. There is still room for sentiment in the game So churlish to mock it.
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 08:22 - Apr 29 with 9892 viewsKieran_Knows

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 15:59 - Apr 28 by FrowsyArmLarry

Have to disagree with you about this. He’s a great player and pivotal to the success they’ve had in recent years.

Wish we had got him when they did.... but we were too tight as usual

We wasn’t tight, we just decided to spunk £2m on Norris instead.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 8900 viewswakefieldblue

Hahahahaha, you bunch of complete saddos.

Perhaps if Ipswich hadn't had its soul sucked out of it by an anonymous member of the tax avoiding elite who is propping you up because your £90m debt is an asset on his balance sheet, the reality of your situation, you'd still be capable of developing a real connection with some of your players.

What sort of message do you think it sends to the next £250k future Wes Hoolahan, trying to make their way in the game, when they see Norwich actively harnessing and encouraging a 'legend status' and cementing a relationship between their most capable and loyal players which will last a lifetime (the next 45 years for Wes?) and then you look at Ipswich where you don't give Tommy Smith a send off.

No doubt it would be Norwich having a whip round if any of its players falls on hard times in 35 years. Then again, Ipswich will probably be about the size of Leyton Orient by the time we get that far in the future.

Thanks though for constantly giving me a laugh. On another thread you have somebody saying a player will have to settle on a club of "preston or blackburn size" now that they have been released by Ipswich.

You what mate? How are Ipswich, in the year 2018, a bigger club than Blackburn and Preston? You're all about similar size, deluded idiots.

No doubt you'll point out that there are still a handful of retirees floating around who can still remember when you had an excellent few years under Bobby Robson, like you usually do.

Unfortunately a far greater number of people can remember when Blackburn won the Premier League. Everybody over 30 in fact. Or the majority of people alive.

Funny you should mention Wilnis. A decade of service and then you insulted him by making him play Colchester United.

We gave our physio a friendly against Celtic in front of almost 20k, and the same for Adam Drury.

And you call us tinpot....

You call it "embarrassing" to give a player a good send off and our thanks. I call it embarrassing to call an already scheduled friendly with Colchester a "testimonial", and then you still think you're bigger than a team which has won the Premier League with your 12k gates.

Well what do players think, and why do you think we've been able to sign quality like Trybull on a free transfer while you've had to endure years of signing all the rubbish from the dole queue that nobody else wants, like Leon best.

Just as well Tommy Smith didn't get a testimonial really isn't it? What would you have pulled out of the hat for that one, Lowestoft reserves? (you know, that depressed little Suffolk seaside town where most of the residents shunned their county club and chose the real football side down the road).

Why don't you take your club and your inferior county and join the South East, you all talk like retarded mockneys and wear outlet store superdry already... so you'll fit in well. Give us Lowestoft and your half of Diss, and then f off you smelly paupers!
What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 10:22 - Apr 29 with 8838 viewsPinewoodblue

What a completely embarrassing joke of a football club on 10:15 - Apr 29 by wakefieldblue

Hahahahaha, you bunch of complete saddos.

Perhaps if Ipswich hadn't had its soul sucked out of it by an anonymous member of the tax avoiding elite who is propping you up because your £90m debt is an asset on his balance sheet, the reality of your situation, you'd still be capable of developing a real connection with some of your players.

What sort of message do you think it sends to the next £250k future Wes Hoolahan, trying to make their way in the game, when they see Norwich actively harnessing and encouraging a 'legend status' and cementing a relationship between their most capable and loyal players which will last a lifetime (the next 45 years for Wes?) and then you look at Ipswich where you don't give Tommy Smith a send off.

No doubt it would be Norwich having a whip round if any of its players falls on hard times in 35 years. Then again, Ipswich will probably be about the size of Leyton Orient by the time we get that far in the future.

Thanks though for constantly giving me a laugh. On another thread you have somebody saying a player will have to settle on a club of "preston or blackburn size" now that they have been released by Ipswich.

You what mate? How are Ipswich, in the year 2018, a bigger club than Blackburn and Preston? You're all about similar size, deluded idiots.

No doubt you'll point out that there are still a handful of retirees floating around who can still remember when you had an excellent few years under Bobby Robson, like you usually do.

Unfortunately a far greater number of people can remember when Blackburn won the Premier League. Everybody over 30 in fact. Or the majority of people alive.

Funny you should mention Wilnis. A decade of service and then you insulted him by making him play Colchester United.

We gave our physio a friendly against Celtic in front of almost 20k, and the same for Adam Drury.

And you call us tinpot....

You call it "embarrassing" to give a player a good send off and our thanks. I call it embarrassing to call an already scheduled friendly with Colchester a "testimonial", and then you still think you're bigger than a team which has won the Premier League with your 12k gates.

Well what do players think, and why do you think we've been able to sign quality like Trybull on a free transfer while you've had to endure years of signing all the rubbish from the dole queue that nobody else wants, like Leon best.

Just as well Tommy Smith didn't get a testimonial really isn't it? What would you have pulled out of the hat for that one, Lowestoft reserves? (you know, that depressed little Suffolk seaside town where most of the residents shunned their county club and chose the real football side down the road).

Why don't you take your club and your inferior county and join the South East, you all talk like retarded mockneys and wear outlet store superdry already... so you'll fit in well. Give us Lowestoft and your half of Diss, and then f off you smelly paupers!

Hope you feel better having got that off your chest now Foxtrot Oscar budgie.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024