Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! 10:11 - Apr 29 with 6218 viewswaggy24

4 goals all in the second half that's what I call attacking football. It must have been such a good atmosphere. I wish I could have gone but due to all the terrible game with Mick as manager we felt that there was no need to go due to the form we was in. Nice to see Sears getting a goal for the blues as he has had a long goal drought. Nice goal from Waggy and a good assist for Connolly to drill it into the net. Nice to see after we scored that instead of sitting back and letting off the steam we kept attacking and got goals for doing that. Credit to all the players and come on you BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITFC24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 12:38 - Apr 29 with 5325 viewsCurrie10

So in summary -

You have a pop at Mick....

Mick leaves.....

Then the form isn't acceptable so you don't go.....

Then have a pop at Mick after?!

Yet people wonder why Mick called people numbskulls. You cannot make it up.
Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 12:39 - Apr 29 with 5318 viewsSteve_M

You realise that's the fourth time this session we've scored four or more goals?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 5303 viewswaggy24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 12:38 - Apr 29 by Currie10

So in summary -

You have a pop at Mick....

Mick leaves.....

Then the form isn't acceptable so you don't go.....

Then have a pop at Mick after?!

Yet people wonder why Mick called people numbskulls. You cannot make it up.

No I didn't want to go to any away games with Mick as our manager due to the poor games we had with him. Mick has gone and the 4-0 to me is completely attacking football not defensive so the fact that he called us Numbskulls is irrelevant now!!!!!

ITFC24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:13 - Apr 29 with 5295 viewsLeoMuff

We were top scorers in the league just before Christmas, people were still moaning about MM boring football.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:16 - Apr 29 with 5288 viewsTractorCam

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:11 - Apr 29 by waggy24

No I didn't want to go to any away games with Mick as our manager due to the poor games we had with him. Mick has gone and the 4-0 to me is completely attacking football not defensive so the fact that he called us Numbskulls is irrelevant now!!!!!

But Mick left 18 days before this match?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:17 - Apr 29 with 5289 viewsHerbivore

Mick's gone so you could have gone to the game yesterday. We didn't play particularly attacking football, it was a good and balanced performance and we took our chances well in the last 20 minutes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:17 - Apr 29 with 5293 viewswaggy24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:13 - Apr 29 by LeoMuff

We were top scorers in the league just before Christmas, people were still moaning about MM boring football.

Did you like Micks style of football? Maybe the players were fed up about the poor games and wanted to try and show some attacking football instead of defensive old Mick McCarthy.

ITFC24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:19 - Apr 29 with 5287 viewsHerbivore

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:17 - Apr 29 by waggy24

Did you like Micks style of football? Maybe the players were fed up about the poor games and wanted to try and show some attacking football instead of defensive old Mick McCarthy.

Hang on, you're claiming we were top scorers because the players decided they were going to go against the manger and play attacking football? Jeez.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:22 - Apr 29 with 5281 viewswaggy24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:17 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

Mick's gone so you could have gone to the game yesterday. We didn't play particularly attacking football, it was a good and balanced performance and we took our chances well in the last 20 minutes.

I could have gone but tbh a bit late notice and all the places on the coach were taken up.
Its quite funny as a couple of seasons ago the first game of the season Ward got a Hat-trick which we missed due to the fact that we was on Holiday at that time(sods Law).

ITFC24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:22 - Apr 29 with 5283 viewsSomethingBlue

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:19 - Apr 29 by Herbivore

Hang on, you're claiming we were top scorers because the players decided they were going to go against the manger and play attacking football? Jeez.

It's a big concern how, through the medium of football, a disturbing number of people show themselves up be absolutely wacko conspiracy theorists.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:23 - Apr 29 with 5272 viewsLeoMuff

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:17 - Apr 29 by waggy24

Not a fan of his playing style, but his results were decent, I know the players enjoyed playing for him and they thought fans like you were numpties.

The only Muff in Town.

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:27 - Apr 29 with 5257 viewsTractorCam

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:22 - Apr 29 by waggy24

I could have gone but tbh a bit late notice and all the places on the coach were taken up.
Its quite funny as a couple of seasons ago the first game of the season Ward got a Hat-trick which we missed due to the fact that we was on Holiday at that time(sods Law).

Places on the coach would definitely not have been taken up 18 days before the game....

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:29 - Apr 29 with 5251 viewswaggy24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:23 - Apr 29 by LeoMuff

Not a fan of his playing style, but his results were decent, I know the players enjoyed playing for him and they thought fans like you were numpties.

I agree but were you not going home deflated due to the poor performances?

ITFC24

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:45 - Apr 29 with 5216 viewsLeoMuff

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:29 - Apr 29 by waggy24

I agree but were you not going home deflated due to the poor performances?

I don’t think you will find many, or even any who felt he should stay, it was the personal abuse toward a decent chap who had performed well above average in the job over a long time that grated.

The only Muff in Town.

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 21:24 - Apr 29 with 5002 viewsCurrie10

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:27 - Apr 29 by TractorCam

Places on the coach would definitely not have been taken up 18 days before the game....

Oh apparently they would!

Hilarious post!
Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 21:32 - Apr 29 with 4984 viewsVic

“I wish I could have gone but due to all the terrible game with Mick as manager we felt that there was no need to go due to the form we was in.”

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 23:57 - Apr 29 with 4911 viewsWadeyBlue

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 13:13 - Apr 29 by LeoMuff

Thats because it was fkn boring. Get a grip.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 00:10 - Apr 30 with 4904 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

#Obsessed

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 07:16 - Apr 30 with 4825 viewsLeoMuff

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 23:57 - Apr 29 by WadeyBlue

Thats because it was fkn boring. Get a grip.

SCoring more goals than anyone in the league was fkn boring, righto.

The only Muff in Town.

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 08:50 - Apr 30 with 4759 viewsPJH

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 07:16 - Apr 30 by LeoMuff

SCoring more goals than anyone in the league was fkn boring, righto.

Of course it was because they were not exiting goals-apparently.
Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 10:29 - Apr 30 with 4717 viewsDarth_Koont

You'd have a point if we hadn't actually "sat back" and played them on the break (very well too) for much of the game. Certainly the last two goals were brought about by our work off the ball and the speed with which we broke out.

It was still a very enjoyable game for lots of different reasons. Most pleasing for me is that even with a largely second-string team we're a squad that clearly works for themselves and each other. If a new manager can come in and add some dangerous possession and pressure with the ball (we've got the midfielders in theory if not yet in practice) then there's a lot to look forward to next season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 10:56 - Apr 30 with 4682 viewsGeoffSentence

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 00:10 - Apr 30 by The_Romford_Blue

#Obsessed

You have made a number of these #obsessed posts Rommy. There is an irony in that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 11:18 - Apr 30 with 4647 viewsBenters2

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 10:56 - Apr 30 by GeoffSentence

You have made a number of these #obsessed posts Rommy. There is an irony in that.

Weird isnt it.
Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 11:33 - Apr 30 with 4627 viewsDeano69

7 shots on target against a team that cant defend for toffee. Not quite Total Attacking Football.

Who knows, maybe the vocal and confident support from the fans (unlike the past few months) could have been the extra bit of something we needed all season.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I think you and Rommers need to draw a line under this on 11:39 - Apr 30 with 4609 viewsDyland

Attacking football Mick!!!!!!!!!! on 11:18 - Apr 30 by Benters2

Weird isnt it.

And let it go without baiting him on every little thing.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024