Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MacBooks 11:45 - Apr 29 with 2184 viewsnsblu1

Considering getting on but interested in views of those who have or have had one, pros, cons, recommendations etc.
Cheers
MacBooks on 11:49 - Apr 29 with 2177 viewswkj

Depends what you need them for, I used to use them for programming tasks, but have since moved on to and prefer using MS Surface

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

MacBooks on 11:51 - Apr 29 with 2174 viewsDyland

I've used Macbook for fifteen years and upgraded to Pro after the first one. I've had three in total. They are excellent but batteries not great (seems to be an Apple thing). Worth the extra money imo.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

MacBooks on 12:42 - Apr 29 with 2113 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm typing this on a MacBook Air. Love it. If you need to transport it around, and you can put up with Benters taking the piss for having the temerity to own a rucksack, it's as light as a feather.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

MacBooks on 17:22 - Apr 29 with 2043 viewsKeno

I work off mac book pro

Love it. So quick and light

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

MacBooks on 18:22 - Apr 29 with 1977 viewsCoastalblue

I had one for a while, but now have an MS Surface Pro. I'm far more familiar with windows so it was a logical move for me, and this thing is really very, very good.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

MacBooks on 18:25 - Apr 29 with 1975 viewsTIB

Can’t comment on MacBooks but can vouch for these...based in Ipswich and one of best Mac refurb companies about.

https://macbank.co.uk
[Post edited 29 Apr 2018 18:25]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

MacBooks on 20:52 - Apr 29 with 1891 viewsRyorry

Have had a MacBook Air 13" for couple of years, currently using MacOS High Sierra, and like it, seems very reliable unlike the laptop PCs I'd previously had. The keyboard & commands take a helluva lot of getting used to tho! Copes well with the average 5 windows incorporating an av of 40 open tabs at any one time, loadsa photos & vids. I don't do gaming. Sound is tinny but I've attached a good pair of ext speakers. One disadvantage is no CD or DVD slot, and only 2 x USB ports - however, mine is 2013 version and no doubt they've been further developed since then.

But my local techie repair man hates them, mainly because the battery's integral, and this causes a lot of problems apparently. One isse being that if the battery goes , you're ****ed, and have no option but to return to the big A bite for a very expensive repair (when mine went just out of guarantee ... they charged me £100 to replace it, tho at least it could be done locally on the day (I took it into their Leeds store).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

MacBooks on 21:07 - Apr 29 with 1872 viewsElderGrizzly

MacBooks on 17:22 - Apr 29 by Keno

I work off mac book pro

Love it. So quick and light

Another vote for Mac Book Pro. Got a new one last month and can’t fault it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024