Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great quotes 09:15 - Apr 30 with 1055 viewsDurovigutum

I was trying to remember who said "I'd rather have the points on the board than a game in hand" and came across these quotes collections from Shankly and Paisley.
It reminds me of many from Sir Bob and the Collbolds - you couldn't say these things today, could you....

Shankly on boardroom meetings - 'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

Radio Merseyside reporter to Shankly - 'Mr Shankly, why is it that your team's unbeaten run has suddenly ended?' Shanks replied: 'Why don't you go and jump in the lake?'

'I always look in the Sunday paper to see where Everton are in the league - starting, of course, from the bottom up.'

'In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.'

Celebrating Liverpool's first European Cup win in 1977
"This is the second time I've beaten the Germans here... the first time was in 1944. I drove into Rome on a tank when the city was liberated.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/124781-bill-shankly-in-quotes-1

http://www.bobpaisley.com/article/2532

Great quotes on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 997 viewsGeoffSentence

Roy Hodgson - "let's not take the plss here"
"There wasn't a f*i g penalty in the game"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Great quotes on 10:14 - Apr 30 with 965 viewsmonty_radio

The great, unpredictable Len Shackleton regarding Chapter 9 of his autobiography entitled it "The Average Director's Knowledge of Football". This was followed by a note from the publisher: "This chapter has deliberately been left blank in accordance with the author's wishes."

Might be a little risky today if modern oligarch owners are involved.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024