Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight 21:00 - May 1 with 4587 viewsJakeITFC

Newly crowned best pub in Suffolk.

I’d somehow never been before, but had a really lovely meal and everything was very pleasant indeed.

Wasn’t sure it was deserving of its crown before I went, but definitely up there with the best I’ve been to.
Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 21:03 - May 1 with 4561 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a bloody Deben Jake ya big muppet.

I don't reckon you've recovered from Skinner yet.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 21:09 - May 1 with 4530 viewsslump

It's a nice pub in the modern way pubs have become, but it's more a restaurant masquerading as a pub rather than a pub that does food.

There should be a different categories; pub and foody place that was a pub but is less of a pub than it once was. Then Wetherspoons and the like and then food places like Hungry Horses etc that you should never step foot in.

UTT

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 21:10 - May 1 with 4520 viewsslump

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 21:03 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

He probably had a voucher ;l

UTT

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 22:50 - May 1 with 4310 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, its OK, nothing more.

Wins points for location, food is 6 out of 10.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 23:08 - May 1 with 4277 viewsJakeITFC

I think they get a hard time for no real reason - not exactly chain pubs in the traditional sense.

Your last point is true though.
Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 09:31 - May 2 with 4052 viewsBluespeed225

Don’t about best in Suffolk, but nice for a Sunday evening roast. Deben Inn? I just wonder how swamped it’ll get when they build the new homes at Adastral Park? The road out there will be choked!
Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 09:33 - May 2 with 4049 viewsunbelievablue

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 23:08 - May 1 by JakeITFC

I think they get a hard time for no real reason - not exactly chain pubs in the traditional sense.

Your last point is true though.

That one in Melton is crap.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 09:36 - May 2 with 4042 viewshype313

The Fox is ok, surprised to hear they won best pub in Suffolk, however these awards are heavily weighed towards people who spend decent sums with Archant.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 09:37 - May 2 with 4040 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 09:33 - May 2 by unbelievablue

That one in Melton is crap.

I think Jake has some kind of bi polar taste disorder. Sometimes he knows where it’s at and then he reverts to his Gainsborough roots.

The other week he turned up at mine with 50 kilos of fried chicken.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:39 - May 2 with 3980 viewsJakeITFC

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 09:37 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

I think Jake has some kind of bi polar taste disorder. Sometimes he knows where it’s at and then he reverts to his Gainsborough roots.

The other week he turned up at mine with 50 kilos of fried chicken.

I couldn’t fault it last night, sounds like I just caught in on a good day.

You didn’t seem to mind the chicken at the time!
Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:53 - May 2 with 3951 viewsitfcjoe

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:39 - May 2 by JakeITFC

I couldn’t fault it last night, sounds like I just caught in on a good day.

You didn’t seem to mind the chicken at the time!

I don't really get why people don't like Deben Inns, they are all different and I've never had a bad meal in any of them. Pricing can be a little on the heavy side, but usually an offer on and they are nice places to eat in nice locations

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:55 - May 2 with 3944 viewshype313

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:53 - May 2 by itfcjoe

I don't really get why people don't like Deben Inns, they are all different and I've never had a bad meal in any of them. Pricing can be a little on the heavy side, but usually an offer on and they are nice places to eat in nice locations

Fox, Maybush and Coach and Horses are all decent places with very good food, I found the Butt and Oyster, Wilford Bridge and the Swan all distinctly bang average.

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:59 - May 2 with 3919 viewsitfcjoe

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:55 - May 2 by hype313

Fox, Maybush and Coach and Horses are all decent places with very good food, I found the Butt and Oyster, Wilford Bridge and the Swan all distinctly bang average.

I've only had a sandwich at Wilford Bridge so can't comment - Butt has a nice location and does a few things well (Fish and Chips most notably) and I quite like the Swan but have only had a burger and a Sunday roast there

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:05 - May 2 with 3895 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:53 - May 2 by itfcjoe

Deben Inns are ok - they are what they are though, nice enough pubs with nice enough food with nice enough service.

Not sure how they could win a Best Suffolk award though, there are loads of better places.

I'm not knocking the chain, they obviously know what they are doing.

I've had a few Deben meals, there is nothing wrong with them at all. The only time I had a problem was when Lady Lucans fish was still frozen in the middle, the chef came out and couldn't have been nicer, cooked a new meal for her and insisted that it wouldn't show up on the bill. Very good attitude and service.

I really wasn't knocking them, it's just that I don't think it deserves a Best in Suffolk award. Everything has its place, sometimes I like a Tobys, people moan about them but unlimited roast for £6.95, bargain! If the food was a bit dry at a Tobys then I wouldn't complain, it is what it is. If I had paid double then I might. I have seen fat families eat their bodyweight at Tobys and after finishing moan about it and get a discount, what is wrong with some people?

It's all horses for courses.

I only replied because I know Jake appreciates his food (he eats enough of it) and I was surprised at how highly he rated it.

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:07 - May 2 with 3889 viewshype313

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:05 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

Deben Inns are ok - they are what they are though, nice enough pubs with nice enough food with nice enough service.

Not sure how they could win a Best Suffolk award though, there are loads of better places.

I've had a few Deben meals, there is nothing wrong with them at all. The only time I had a problem was when Lady Lucans fish was still frozen in the middle, the chef came out and couldn't have been nicer, cooked a new meal for her and insisted that it wouldn't show up on the bill. Very good attitude and service.

I really wasn't knocking them, it's just that I don't think it deserves a Best in Suffolk award. Everything has its place, sometimes I like a Tobys, people moan about them but unlimited roast for £6.95, bargain! If the food was a bit dry at a Tobys then I wouldn't complain, it is what it is. If I had paid double then I might. I have seen fat families eat their bodyweight at Tobys and after finishing moan about it and get a discount, what is wrong with some people?

I only replied because I know Jake appreciates his food (he eats enough of it) and I was surprised at how highly he rated it.

Like I said previously, and from what a certain restauranter in town told me, it's all about advertising spend in the EADT..

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:12 - May 2 with 3871 viewsitfcjoe

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:05 - May 2 by Lord_Lucan

Fair enough, it wasn't aimed at you but just in general it seems that its easy to dig at the more popular 'chains' when something like Deben Inns gets a lot more right than it does wrong

I don't mind a Toby, but agree with what you say about clientele - the amount people eat there is beyond belief and they are so rude with it with regards to waiting in line etc

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:38 - May 2 with 3828 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:12 - May 2 by itfcjoe

Fair enough, it wasn't aimed at you but just in general it seems that its easy to dig at the more popular 'chains' when something like Deben Inns gets a lot more right than it does wrong

I don't mind a Toby, but agree with what you say about clientele - the amount people eat there is beyond belief and they are so rude with it with regards to waiting in line etc

It's all you can eat so if they eat kilos of food then fair enough, it's when they panic at the service area and pile a mountain on and leave half of it is what annoys me. Why can't they eat a plate and if they are still hungry get some more.

Unfortunately some people are ignorant.

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 13:34 - May 2 with 3704 viewsunbelievablue

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 11:12 - May 2 by itfcjoe

When I went to the Coach and Horses c.2015 it was awful.

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 13:35 - May 2 with 3702 viewsunbelievablue

Went to the Newbourne Fox tonight on 10:55 - May 2 by hype313

Conversely, I thought the Butt and Oyster excellent, and the Coach and Horses dreadful. That was a 3 year gap between the two though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024