Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First world problems that really bug me 08:00 - May 3 with 8923 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hotel rooms in 2018 that only have about 2 plug sockets, and none of them anywhere near the bed

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

First world problems that really bug me on 10:50 - May 3 with 3087 viewsNo9

Having to pay a lot of money to watch programmes on TV that used to be free

Not being able to get reasonable telecom services
First world problems that really bug me on 11:04 - May 3 with 3070 viewsKeno

First world problems that really bug me on 10:50 - May 3 by No9

Having to pay a lot of money to watch programmes on TV that used to be free

Not being able to get reasonable telecom services

Eggs

Surely with all the technology about nowadays someone could invent a self opening egg

makes making ones eEggs Benedict a tad messy in the morning

Cant they put a ring pull on them or something to make it easier??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

First world problems that really bug me on 11:24 - May 3 with 3047 viewsblueconscience

First world problems that really bug me on 10:30 - May 3 by No9

BA are a third rate mob - did you have no alternative?

Why does everyone hate BA so much? I have never had any issues to make tem any worse that other airlines I have flown with

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

First world problems that really bug me on 11:25 - May 3 with 3041 viewsGeoffSentence

First world problems that really bug me on 11:24 - May 3 by blueconscience

Why does everyone hate BA so much? I have never had any issues to make tem any worse that other airlines I have flown with

Lefties innit, hate anything British.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

First world problems that really bug me on 11:30 - May 3 with 3026 viewsNo9

First world problems that really bug me on 11:24 - May 3 by blueconscience

Depends which other airlines you have flown with to make a reasonable comparison.
First world problems that really bug me on 11:32 - May 3 with 3019 viewsMeadowlark

Does everyone call these "plug sockets?"
I always think it's a tautology, like "leg trousers!"
First world problems that really bug me on 11:36 - May 3 with 3000 viewsblueconscience

First world problems that really bug me on 11:30 - May 3 by No9

Depends which other airlines you have flown with to make a reasonable comparison.

Virgin, Gulf Air, Qantas, Air India, Qatar Airways to name a few.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying BA have always been perfect, but the other airlines have not been perfect all the time either.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

First world problems that really bug me on 12:01 - May 3 with 2973 viewsSouperJim

First world problems that really bug me on 11:32 - May 3 by Meadowlark

Does everyone call these "plug sockets?"
I always think it's a tautology, like "leg trousers!"

Wall mounted standard 3-pin electrical outlet is a bit of a mouthful...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

First world problems that really bug me on 12:14 - May 3 with 2959 viewsBent_double

First world problems that really bug me on 08:25 - May 3 by SitfcB

The new Wetherspoons hotel (classy, I know, actually it's really really nice and you'd never think it was a wetherspoons hotel once in the room) in Yarmouth (The Troll Cart) has plug sockets either side of the bed, 2 on each side. Plus extra plug sockets where the kettle is etc.

You're telling me you actually stayed there, when there is a perfectly nice B&B just down the road, run by an Ipswich supporter, where you could have got a nice discount as well.

Does look nice, to be fair...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

First world problems that really bug me on 12:21 - May 3 with 2952 viewsRyorry

Call centres with earless robots reading from a script

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

First world problems that really bug me on 12:56 - May 3 with 2908 viewsDeano69

First world problems that really bug me on 08:11 - May 3 by Steve_M

BA putting me in a bloody middle seat tomorrow. It'll be a A319 or 320 tomorrow so no room. £28 to change to a better one.

£28 sounds like money well spent, unless its a 20 minute flight

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

First world problems that really bug me on 14:23 - May 3 with 2853 viewsjontysnut

First world problems that really bug me on 08:35 - May 3 by peterleeblue

Cars that don't have CD players as standard!!!!

my son's old Yaris has a cassette deck and a wind back sun roof - to his mates it's one step up from Fred Flintstone's car
First world problems that really bug me on 14:23 - May 3 with 2853 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

First world problems that really bug me on 08:06 - May 3 by Bluebell

My question would be - why do you need electric appliances plugged in near the bed?

Most of those things use batteries.

Whilst I know this is obviously a joke, got in about half 9 last night looking to FaceTime the fiancé and little boy before he fell asleep with about 5% battery left, and had to perch myself on a sh*tty hotel room chair in the corner rather than lying on the nice comfy bed

Shocking

First world problems that really bug me on 14:25 - May 3 with 2851 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

First world problems that really bug me on 09:50 - May 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats because you are staying in hotels that havent been refurbished for 10 years!!

tight wad.

It’s through work, and I wouldn’t actually mind if it was some cheap cr*ppy place but it’s actually relatively expensive - well not too, luxury but compared to some places at least!

First world problems that really bug me on 14:28 - May 3 with 2846 viewsNewcyBlue

First world problems that really bug me on 14:25 - May 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s through work, and I wouldn’t actually mind if it was some cheap cr*ppy place but it’s actually relatively expensive - well not too, luxury but compared to some places at least!

I have a 5m cable for charging my phone these days. Mitigates any issues with sockets being too far away.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

First world problems that really bug me on 14:33 - May 3 with 2843 viewstcblue

First world problems that really bug me on 10:43 - May 3 by greyhound

I actually rearrange the entire hotel room so sockets are near the bed. It seems stupid and hotel staff must hate me but tbh if I have to stay away for work I'm. Going to make it practical.

I agree this is an annoyance but I found out about this thing called a power extension cable and put that in my travel bag - it meant I no longer had to knock down and rebuild every hotel I stay at
First world problems that really bug me on 16:40 - May 3 with 2790 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

First world problems that really bug me on 14:28 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

I have a 5m cable for charging my phone these days. Mitigates any issues with sockets being too far away.

I used to have one of those myself - but just ended up getting in the way!

First world problems that really bug me on 16:55 - May 3 with 2771 viewsjbryenton

First world problems that really bug me on 12:01 - May 3 by SouperJim

Wall mounted standard 3-pin electrical outlet is a bit of a mouthful...

...or you could call it a socket outlet, the correct terminology😉
First world problems that really bug me on 19:01 - May 3 with 2712 viewsgreyhound

First world problems that really bug me on 14:33 - May 3 by tcblue

I agree this is an annoyance but I found out about this thing called a power extension cable and put that in my travel bag - it meant I no longer had to knock down and rebuild every hotel I stay at

I used to do that then went on a huge run of decent hotels. Recently stayed at a decent hotel and it caught me off guard without my trusty 10m multi outlet power cassette for the distribution of electrical current.
First world problems that really bug me on 19:09 - May 3 with 2708 viewstcblue

First world problems that really bug me on 19:01 - May 3 by greyhound

I used to do that then went on a huge run of decent hotels. Recently stayed at a decent hotel and it caught me off guard without my trusty 10m multi outlet power cassette for the distribution of electrical current.

Rookie mistake. I've stayed at swank hotels which still don't get this right.
First world problems that really bug me on 19:22 - May 3 with 2696 viewsLeaky

First world problems that really bug me on 08:06 - May 3 by Bluebell

My question would be - why do you need electric appliances plugged in near the bed?

Most of those things use batteries.

perhaps there is a need for more powerful dildo
First world problems that really bug me on 19:22 - May 3 with 2695 viewsgreyhound

First world problems that really bug me on 19:09 - May 3 by tcblue

Rookie mistake. I've stayed at swank hotels which still don't get this right.

It definately feels that way. But I'm also on a personal quest to travel lighter. I bloody hate having a suitcase on the tube and on trains in general. While I know me and my two wheeled suit trailer is the obstacle everyone just gets in the bloody way.

On another note with hotels, those with low shower pressure annoy me

Also ones that have the fire alarm. Going every time the toast burns.

Also winds me up when the hotel is spread over a dozen floors with only one lift in service that can carry about 4 people despite it saying it can carry 12
First world problems that really bug me on 19:26 - May 3 with 2680 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

First world problems that really bug me on 19:22 - May 3 by greyhound

It definately feels that way. But I'm also on a personal quest to travel lighter. I bloody hate having a suitcase on the tube and on trains in general. While I know me and my two wheeled suit trailer is the obstacle everyone just gets in the bloody way.

Also winds me up when the hotel is spread over a dozen floors with only one lift in service that can carry about 4 people despite it saying it can carry 12

I’ll add the lifts to the list

One I’m in currently has 2 lifts, but one is out of order so has that exact problem. I’m only on 1st and have ended up just taking the stairs - not really what I’ve (work) paid for*

*I would actually take the stairs anyway as I’m a young fit machine, but annoyed me upon arrival with bags etc**

**didnt actually really annoy me as no one else was using the lift at the time and it was there anyway, but it could have done

First world problems that really bug me on 19:29 - May 3 with 2679 viewstcblue

First world problems that really bug me on 19:22 - May 3 by greyhound

I am ready to subscribe to your newsletter. Shower pressure: Niagara falls (Canadian side) please.

Although wheeling a suitcase through a tube station? UNSUBSCRIBE
First world problems that really bug me on 19:45 - May 3 with 2661 viewsNewcyBlue

First world problems that really bug me on 19:26 - May 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’ll add the lifts to the list

One I’m in currently has 2 lifts, but one is out of order so has that exact problem. I’m only on 1st and have ended up just taking the stairs - not really what I’ve (work) paid for*

*I would actually take the stairs anyway as I’m a young fit machine, but annoyed me upon arrival with bags etc**

**didnt actually really annoy me as no one else was using the lift at the time and it was there anyway, but it could have done

Hotels are a nightmare when joining a ship. I always take 2 kit bags. Split my stuff between the two in case one gets lost. It happens quite regularly with Air Chance (France). Each bag weights about 27/18kgs depending on length of trip.

A hotel without a working lift is an absolute nightmare.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024