Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard says he's ready for management? 08:24 - May 3 with 3315 viewsjayceee

It'd be too risky right? I always thought he was an intelligent football player - but would that translate to management?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/03/frank-lampard-interview-we-forg

"The former Chelsea midfielder reveals the principles that guide him and says he is ready to make the move into football management a year since hanging up his boots"
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 08:38 - May 3 with 3263 viewsFixed_It

So he's not got his Pro Licence yet? Starts in September? Hmm - probably too early for him to come here I would have thought.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 08:45 - May 3 with 3239 viewsuefacup81

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 08:38 - May 3 by Fixed_It

So he's not got his Pro Licence yet? Starts in September? Hmm - probably too early for him to come here I would have thought.

Is there not dispensation for those who are studying for it at the time, though?

Also, would a senior DoF help get around such issues?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 08:51 - May 3 with 3206 viewsScuzzer

.....and have his Unc as a DoF?

Established 1968

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:30 - May 3 with 3119 viewsKieran_Knows

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 08:38 - May 3 by Fixed_It

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ex-england-star-frank-lampard-12472

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:31 - May 3 with 3108 viewsbrazil1982

He has to start somewhere....but I'd like a "star" such as him cut his teeth in the lower leagues first.
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:50 - May 3 with 3051 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's got to start somewhere.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:50 - May 3 with 3054 viewsDarth_Koont

Doesn't sound as if he's really even coached yet. Personally, I think the Ipswich job is too challenging and currently the scope too wide for someone to also be learning on the job.

We've employed a manager before without any genuine coaching experience in Magilton but he was already deeply embedded in the club, and had Klug as a right-hand man and Sheepshanks to help him navigate the off-field stuff.

Lampard currently would be too much at a disadvantage, I think.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:52 - May 3 with 3039 viewsKieran_Knows

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:50 - May 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nah, BB will be along any minute saying we only want him because he's FAMOUS!!!!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:57 - May 3 with 3017 viewshowdonblue

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:50 - May 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not right for us at this time .

Especially if uncle Harry had to be DOF

NO THANKS
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:00 - May 3 with 3007 viewsjayceee

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:50 - May 3 by Darth_Koont

Doesn't sound as if he's really even coached yet. Personally, I think the Ipswich job is too challenging and currently the scope too wide for someone to also be learning on the job.

We've employed a manager before without any genuine coaching experience in Magilton but he was already deeply embedded in the club, and had Klug as a right-hand man and Sheepshanks to help him navigate the off-field stuff.

I'm sure I'd normally agree with that - but didn't Bobby Robson become manager without experience?

Apparently Lampard has one of the highest IQ's ever tested in a footballer. I know that means next to nothing, but he's always come across as mature and intelligent. Would be a shame if he does end up becoming the next Ferguson - but with another club ;)

I would be nervous, but quietly optimistic if say he was given a year to see what he could do - of course with some expert help for off-the field responsibilities.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/4940708/Frank-Lampard-has-higher-
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:00 - May 3 with 3002 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

DK, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Great player, level-headed guy who could become a good manager but should his first job be here? I would suggest not, for the reasons you have outlined above...
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:04 - May 3 with 2981 viewshype313

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:00 - May 3 by jayceee

I'm sure I'd normally agree with that - but didn't Bobby Robson become manager without experience?

Apparently Lampard has one of the highest IQ's ever tested in a footballer. I know that means next to nothing, but he's always come across as mature and intelligent. Would be a shame if he does end up becoming the next Ferguson - but with another club ;)

I would be nervous, but quietly optimistic if say he was given a year to see what he could do - of course with some expert help for off-the field responsibilities.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/4940708/Frank-Lampard-has-higher-

Robson was at Fulham before here.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:06 - May 3 with 2974 viewshype313

I agree with that, this role is going to be extremely challenging for anyone, but someone without experience it really would become a tall order.

I've no doubt the Lampard will become a manager one day but where we are right now, I Just don't think he would be the right fit for us.

Also, it must grate people like Hurst who have earned their stripes at the lower leagues to get overlooked for big name players without experience. Surprised Rangers didn't go for Jack Ross rather than Gerrard.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 10:08]

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:06 - May 3 with 2970 viewsjayceee

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:04 - May 3 by hype313

Robson was at Fulham before here.

OK, fair enough - just thought I read recently that he started here. Would have been easy to verify, so apologies.
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:08 - May 3 with 2958 viewshype313

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 10:06 - May 3 by jayceee

OK, fair enough - just thought I read recently that he started here. Would have been easy to verify, so apologies.

No need to apologise.

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 12:00 - May 3 with 2827 viewsCurrie10

Lampard says he's ready for management? on 09:31 - May 3 by brazil1982

He has to start somewhere....but I'd like a "star" such as him cut his teeth in the lower leagues first.

Issue with that being if the ' star ' does that and goes for a League 1/ League 2 role, unless they perform miracles they often don't get a chance higher up.

While I get / agree with that = how do we know it wouldn't have clicked at the higher level?

For what it's worth - Lampard / a novice is totally not for me / given our spend etc it's going to be a difficult job so rather a safer pair of hands ( so to speak ).

That being said, lets say Lampard took the Chelsea job. He'd be likely to do a better job in the league than Conte has this season - then he'd be set up for life.

Some ' big clubs ' would be so easy in theory to manage and really wouldn't show what a manager is capable of.

I mean take drug cheating nandrolone media darling favourite Pep.

Sure, outstanding jobs at Barca..... where he shipped out Dinho/Etoo/Yaya straight off the bat ( bold ) Bayern / Citeh.

That being said, he's had a massive warchest at all.

How would Pep do managing us or lets say Northampton Town? We'll SADLY never know, unless he decided to give Brescia a try!

What is it with Brescia - Pirlo / Baggio / Hagi / Guardiola / Luca Toni! ?
Lampard says he's ready for management? on 12:48 - May 3 with 2699 viewsjpring89

if Ray Wilkins was still alive Lampard with Ray as assistant would appeal to me.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024