Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what 13:15 - May 4 with 6688 viewsPJH

it is but was anyone else on here present at all of the following?:-

Portman Road 28th April 1962.
Wembley 6th May 1978.
Amsterdam 20th May 1981
Wembley 29th May 2000

Also add Texaco Cup win at Carrot Rud on 7th May 1973 and the home leg of each of the three F.A. Youth Cup wins in 1973,1975 and 2005.

I know that anyone else that saw all that lot would need to be around about my age but if they did. aren't they a lucky boy(or girl)?
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:18 - May 4 with 5034 viewsclive_baker

I'm envious. I was at Wembley in 2000 and the FA youth cup final against Southampton in 2005.

Wasn't alive for any of the others. This is the generational difference with Town fans. Beating Charlton or Watford away 1-0 to go into 3rd in the second tier is deemed to be 'scenes' nowadays. Your generation saw us lift silverwear and beat the worlds best at PR. What a time to be alive.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This is not intended as a on 13:20 - May 4 with 5019 viewsLord_Lucan

All of them post 1975

You missed out PR 6th May 81 - tick
[Post edited 4 May 2018 13:21]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:20 - May 4 with 5019 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:18 - May 4 by clive_baker

I'm envious. I was at Wembley in 2000 and the FA youth cup final against Southampton in 2005.

Wasn't alive for any of the others. This is the generational difference with Town fans. Beating Charlton or Watford away 1-0 to go into 3rd in the second tier is deemed to be 'scenes' nowadays. Your generation saw us lift silverwear and beat the worlds best at PR. What a time to be alive.

With relation to ITFC I was certainly lucky to be born when I was and to be born to ITFC supporting parents.
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:21 - May 4 with 5001 viewsBluefish

12th man saw them all

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:21 - May 4 with 5004 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a on 13:20 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

All of them post 1975

You missed out PR 6th May 81 - tick
[Post edited 4 May 2018 13:21]

Yes but we only did part of the job that night, just as well we did win that one 3-0 wasn't it?
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:23 - May 4 with 4990 viewstrncbluearmy

All but, Portman Road 28th April 1962.

But can replace that with Cologne 1981
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:27 - May 4 with 4974 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:23 - May 4 by trncbluearmy

All but, Portman Road 28th April 1962.

But can replace that with Cologne 1981

Amsterdam was the only away European game I went to that season,glory hunter!
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:29 - May 4 with 4960 viewsTractorCam

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:18 - May 4 by clive_baker

I saw the youth cup and Charlton/Watford scenes....

Lucky me!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:34 - May 4 with 4937 viewsDanFord

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:21 - May 4 by Bluefish

12th man saw them all

When he realises what happened on those dates it will fry his brain.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:36 - May 4 with 4921 viewsblueislander

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:27 - May 4 by PJH

Amsterdam was the only away European game I went to that season,glory hunter!

All except Amsterdam of your four. How about the first competitive european match at Portman Road?
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:39 - May 4 with 4911 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:36 - May 4 by blueislander

All except Amsterdam of your four. How about the first competitive european match at Portman Road?

Yes, 10-0 against Floriana-I have seen every one of the home competitive European games(European Cup,Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup)not certain that I went to all of the Anglo/Italian Cup games so I won't count them!
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 13:46 - May 4 with 4891 viewslongtimefan

Went to all of those bar the 1962 match and the 1973 Texaco Cup game final.
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:00 - May 4 with 4859 viewswoodbridge_blue

All except 28/4/62....but my mum was a regular in those days, catching the coach from the Market Hill in Woodbridge, so that's good enough for me!!
This is not intended as a on 14:19 - May 4 with 4830 viewsfloridablue

Not there in 62 although i went to a night game that season. All the others except 05 youth cup as i'd moved here. All four Cup games against the mighty Leeds Utd in 75...I wonder how many other Town fans were there for all 4?
This is not intended as a on 14:34 - May 4 with 4807 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a on 14:19 - May 4 by floridablue

Not there in 62 although i went to a night game that season. All the others except 05 youth cup as i'd moved here. All four Cup games against the mighty Leeds Utd in 75...I wonder how many other Town fans were there for all 4?

I only went to two of those Leeds games,PR and the first one at Filbert Street.

38010 inside PR for the first game.
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:35 - May 4 with 4802 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:00 - May 4 by woodbridge_blue

All except 28/4/62....but my mum was a regular in those days, catching the coach from the Market Hill in Woodbridge, so that's good enough for me!!

My dad was on the committee of the Woodbridge branch of ITFC supporters club back then.
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:48 - May 4 with 4765 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I saw us equalise away at Barnsley in the 94th minute once.

#Winning

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:57 - May 4 with 4747 viewsgainsboroughblue

Just the play-off final for me.

I saw us lift the Hospital Cup at Carrow Road in 1989.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:59 - May 4 with 4739 viewspowinswitch

PJH - Just sent you a PM
This is not intended as a on 15:11 - May 4 with 4720 viewsfloridablue

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:35 - May 4 by PJH

My dad was on the committee of the Woodbridge branch of ITFC supporters club back then.

And i went on the Woodbridge coach with an older relative in 1967 for the 5th Rd FA Cup at Maine Rd Manchester When as a Second Division team we were unlucky not to beat City who were one of the best teams around at the time. 1-1 and i think we hit the bar late on then lost the replay 0-3 the next week!
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 15:21 - May 4 with 4691 viewsArnieM

OP, all bar 1962 ( I was 4yrs old), I was about for all the other dates. COYBS

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 15:25 - May 4 with 4681 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 14:59 - May 4 by powinswitch

PJH - Just sent you a PM

Reply on the way.
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 16:18 - May 4 with 4605 viewsoldbluey

Yes, I was at all of those events but am totally fecked now.

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 16:40 - May 4 with 4577 viewsPJH

This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 16:18 - May 4 by oldbluey

Yes, I was at all of those events but am totally fecked now.

We have both got some great times to look back on then.

When I made the OP I realised that the fact that the first of those events was 56 years ago rather reduced the chances of there being many of us on here that have seen the lot but with the 40th anniversary of the F.A. Cup win coming up on Sunday I thought I would try to find out who else had.
This is not intended as a "look at me" post although in a way it is exactly what on 17:23 - May 4 with 4541 viewsmos

A real kick in the teeth.

Most noteworthy game I’ve ever seen town play in was probably the home leg against Arsenal.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024