Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? 20:04 - May 4 with 7466 viewsDissblue

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: if you were asked to vote in a second Brexit referendum, would you vote:

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:11 - May 4 with 5998 viewsJ2BLUE

No, it has always been one of those minor things that some people got way too upset about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:12 - May 4 with 5996 viewsBluespeed225

I’m afraid it’s now, courtesy of the press, as ingrained as ‘Country Cousins’, ‘Sleepy Suffolk’, and ‘unfashionable’. We used to be ‘aristocrats’ under the Cobbolds!
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:13 - May 4 with 5987 viewsosborne

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:11 - May 4 by J2BLUE

No, it has always been one of those minor things that some people got way too upset about.

Not always! Only the last 20 years or so.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:14 - May 4 with 5983 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd go ahead and drop it. Go for something more appropriate, a name which better reflects our fan base.

What about 'The Numbskull News Commentators'?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:51 - May 4 with 5909 viewsfloridablue

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:12 - May 4 by Bluespeed225

I’m afraid it’s now, courtesy of the press, as ingrained as ‘Country Cousins’, ‘Sleepy Suffolk’, and ‘unfashionable’. We used to be ‘aristocrats’ under the Cobbolds!

Yes please dump it!! but as you say almost all the press reporters refer to Town as 'The Tractor Boys' Absolutely irritates me beyond believe, 15 years living in Florida and as soon as ITFC comes up in conversation be it with guys living here or tourists i'm refered to as a tractor boy! At least can we all agree to 'phase out' our chants of 'one nil to the tractor boys' etc, just don't recall hearing it before i left blighty.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:02 - May 4 with 5863 viewsBluefish

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 20:11 - May 4 by J2BLUE

Mainly texters and his WhatsApp group

I think stone island jumpers are more embarrassing than calling us tractor boys

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:03 - May 4 with 5859 viewsclive_baker

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Hardly a big deal is if?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:04 - May 4 with 5859 viewswkj

I think its a bit daft, but im not massively offended by it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:07 - May 4 with 5850 viewsbournemouthblue

I think we should embrace Tractors and make it cool

I'm thinking Tractor's like Matt LeBlancs Track-Tor or those massive tractor pulling tractors

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:13 - May 4 with 5836 viewswkj

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:07 - May 4 by bournemouthblue

I think we should embrace Tractors and make it cool

I'm thinking Tractor's like Matt LeBlancs Track-Tor or those massive tractor pulling tractors

As long as the tractors are good ol fashion British (italian) made New Hollands and not that John Deere shíte the yanks love.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:16 - May 4 with 5830 viewsLord_Lucan

How can we drop something that we never started?

It's a lazy Sky induced nickname and it makes my blood boil.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:44 - May 4 with 5763 viewsSwansea_Blue

I agree. Tractor Boys belongs in a bygone era. We need to reflect the times and be far more inclusive.

How about 'Agriculture Machinery of No Fixed Gender People' instead?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:00 - May 4 with 5724 viewsTIB

No. It beats being called “United” or “city” or after a f**king bird. We all love a good ride on a tractor so just embrace it.

Edit: Swansea’s suggestions would be acceptable.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 22:02]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:18 - May 4 with 5682 viewstextbackup

its an awful nickname, any time I hear it I cringe. proper tw@ty

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:24 - May 4 with 5664 viewsGodzilla

Yes, Much prefer 'we're the farmers from the fields.'

Or if faced with bleating, a good old 'sheep are fun' works for me.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:52 - May 4 with 5612 viewsfloridablue

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:18 - May 4 by textbackup

its an awful nickname, any time I hear it I cringe. proper tw@ty

I'm with you, cringeworthy, tag/nickname and by all accounts it was started by other fans. Even my 'other half' who works in the Disney Dining serving industry and has never been to Ipswich/Uk, has it said to her when she mentions to 'British/European patrons that i'm a Town fan the normal response is 'oh, a tractor boy, and she now believes we're all straw chewing bumpkins riding tractors!!!
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:56 - May 4 with 5602 viewsBluefish

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:52 - May 4 by floridablue

I'm with you, cringeworthy, tag/nickname and by all accounts it was started by other fans. Even my 'other half' who works in the Disney Dining serving industry and has never been to Ipswich/Uk, has it said to her when she mentions to 'British/European patrons that i'm a Town fan the normal response is 'oh, a tractor boy, and she now believes we're all straw chewing bumpkins riding tractors!!!

The rest of the country views us as inbreds hicks exactly the same as norwich. The fact that we can send ourselves up sets us apart from them a bit.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 23:35 - May 4 with 5552 viewsClapham_Junction

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 22:52 - May 4 by floridablue

Having spent a great deal of my youth driving tractors on my Dad's farm, I've never been even in the slightest offended b the nickname. If anything, it's worse that fellow Town fans seem to be embarrassed to be associated with the rural character of the county.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 00:11 - May 5 with 5503 viewsosborne

Oooh arrrr
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 00:15 - May 5 with 5487 viewshoppy

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:13 - May 4 by wkj

As long as the tractors are good ol fashion British (italian) made New Hollands and not that John Deere shíte the yanks love.

The fact that John Deere’s are green and yellow should tell you enough about them being wrong’uns!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:32 - May 5 with 5312 viewstextbackup

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 21:02 - May 4 by Bluefish

Mainly texters and his WhatsApp group

I think stone island jumpers are more embarrassing than calling us tractor boys

don't be sad that you don't get a mention in the group, its probably because you aren't from round here so you aren't really taken seriously

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:38 - May 5 with 5302 viewsBenters2

I like it and i also like tractors.

Shoot me.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:39 - May 5 with 5302 viewsshamboy

The late Claudie Chapman of Winston Green coined the name. It was typically tongue in cheek.
I think the joke has run its course.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:41 - May 5 with 5292 viewsBenters2

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:39 - May 5 by shamboy

The late Claudie Chapman of Winston Green coined the name. It was typically tongue in cheek.
I think the joke has run its course.

I used to go through there on the way to the beautiful village of Debenham.

I remember a local telling me that story.
With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:45 - May 5 with 5279 viewsshamboy

With a new era dawning is it time to drop the Tractor Boys tag once and for all? on 07:41 - May 5 by Benters2

I used to go through there on the way to the beautiful village of Debenham.

I remember a local telling me that story.

It was true. Claude played in goal for Debenham as it happens. A local legend in a very Suffolk way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024