Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burley's debutants 23:15 - May 4 with 3508 viewsmr_bean

Just read the EADT interview with George Burley:

“At Ipswich it was Richard Wright, Kieron Dyer, James Scowcroft, Titus Bramble, Darren Ambrose, Richard Naylor... At Southampton it was Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana, David McGoldrick, Bartosz Bialkowski... At Crystal Palace I gave Wilfried Zaha his debut."

That's one stonking list of youngsters that he's inducted into the first teams of the clubs that he's managed.
Burley's debutants on 23:22 - May 4 with 3474 viewsclive_baker

A great list.

And Naylor.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Burley's debutants on 23:29 - May 4 with 3444 viewsFootballpete

Burley's debutants on 23:22 - May 4 by clive_baker

A great list.

And Naylor.

Naylor is worthy of that list for his Wembley performance alone. He was immense that day.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Burley's debutants on 23:35 - May 4 with 3423 viewsGodzilla

We owe Burley and Butcher a huge thanks for what they both have done for our club, but it's time for a fresh young manager who is hungry to make a name for themselves and the club's youngsters.
Burley's debutants on 00:11 - May 5 with 3340 viewsstonojnr

not wishing to disagree, but slight fact check on that list, Walcott made his full first team debut whilst Burley was still manager of Hearts, technically he was sold to Arsenal only two weeks after Burley took over as manager at Southampton.

and the only reason I remember that is because Walcott was in the Southampton FA cup youth team that played against Town when we beat them in the final in 2005, and had already been rumoured to have signed for Arsenal even then, as he was supposedly the next big english talent to make a breakthrough
Burley's debutants on 10:43 - May 5 with 2978 viewsitfc1981

Burley's debutants on 23:29 - May 4 by Footballpete

Naylor is worthy of that list for his Wembley performance alone. He was immense that day.

Naylor was superb in our first year back in the PL.. Stewart's best partner for much of the season.

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

Burley's debutants on 11:25 - May 5 with 2924 viewsJohnny_Boy

Burley's debutants on 00:11 - May 5 by stonojnr

not wishing to disagree, but slight fact check on that list, Walcott made his full first team debut whilst Burley was still manager of Hearts, technically he was sold to Arsenal only two weeks after Burley took over as manager at Southampton.

and the only reason I remember that is because Walcott was in the Southampton FA cup youth team that played against Town when we beat them in the final in 2005, and had already been rumoured to have signed for Arsenal even then, as he was supposedly the next big english talent to make a breakthrough

Theo was being used as a regular 60th min sub, but I'm pretty sure Burley was the first person to hand him a first team start.

Of course, there's no way of knowing if injuries to other squad members played key to that.
Have a word Bakers on 12:01 - May 5 with 2879 viewsDyland

Burley's debutants on 23:22 - May 4 by clive_baker

A great list.

And Naylor.

Do you complain Knudsen isn't even a professional footballer as well? I've heard that one in the stands.

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Burley's debutants on 12:06 - May 5 with 2872 viewsWD19

Kieron Dyer makes the point in his book that GB was always very quick to take the credit for other peoples work.
Login to get fewer ads

Burley's debutants on 18:39 - May 5 with 2657 viewsMeadowlark

Burley's debutants on 12:06 - May 5 by WD19

Kieron Dyer makes the point in his book that GB was always very quick to take the credit for other peoples work.

Dale Roberts.
Have a word Bakers on 19:12 - May 5 with 2611 viewsHennikerBlu

Have a word Bakers on 12:01 - May 5 by Dyland

Do you complain Knudsen isn't even a professional footballer as well? I've heard that one in the stands.

:)

Sharp as ever Dyland!

He gets a raw deal from some, always works his socks off and last home game really made a point of coming over to the SBR. Hope he stays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024