Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two hopes for next season 14:45 - May 6 with 8618 viewspatrickswell

1) We stop pissing away points to late goals. It sums up the ethos of the club these last few years that we finished above Norwich on goal difference rather than by clear points. And on that tack...

2) That the ire directed against McCarthy this season now turns against Evans. He deserves it - he diesn’t need a manager, he needs a miracle worker and is expecting him to do it with kids and no money. He failed to back the one competent manager he had. And if his next choice fails to be competent, given the lack of backing he will receive, then it’s time to get Evans out. I don’t trust him and fear we have a potential Ellis Short situation on our hands.

All that being said, “Who’s the pride of Anglia...”
Two hopes for next season on 14:58 - May 6 with 6800 viewsVic

And how exactly do ‘we get Evans out’?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Two hopes for next season on 15:03 - May 6 with 6770 viewsParisBlue

For as long as I can remember we’ve conceeded what appears to be more than our fair share of late goals...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Two hopes for next season on 15:05 - May 6 with 6762 viewspatrickswell

Two hopes for next season on 14:58 - May 6 by Vic

And how exactly do ‘we get Evans out’?

Chants, protests, banners the usual - we wait to see what Evans does next, but given that he’s fouled up on pretty much every decision since January 2015, he needs his next appointment to be a success. He seems to think Town fans will settle for being a Championship version of Crewe Alexandra. I want more than that, and think Mick could have delivered that had he got backing. If the next manager fails on the limited backing that Evans will stump up, it needs to be him to go next and we need to let him know about it - regularly and incessantly.
Two hopes for next season on 15:12 - May 6 with 6727 viewsgt81

Having read the article on Sunderland posted earlier by another member, Evans is nowhere near to being Ellis Short.

I'd agree that investment wise, just a little more could go a long way, but we're not a basket case of a club like Sunderland.
Two hopes for next season on 15:27 - May 6 with 6670 viewspatrickswell

Two hopes for next season on 15:12 - May 6 by gt81

Having read the article on Sunderland posted earlier by another member, Evans is nowhere near to being Ellis Short.

I'd agree that investment wise, just a little more could go a long way, but we're not a basket case of a club like Sunderland.

The issue is so many people have been cheering McCarthy’s departure, when it feels like the real obstacle to progress is still here. I feel Evans was badly served by his first three managers and then failed his one decent one - while sowing the seeds for the circumstances that led to the last three seasons being conducted with what’s felt like a collective migraine hanging over the club.

This is Evans’s biggest summer, since well, probably last summer. He could point to the fact that players were bought and that too many fell victim in injury, but given prices quoted for them, unless we have an effective bargain hunter coming in - the dream of the club progressing will remain a forlorn one.
Two hopes for next season on 15:33 - May 6 with 6631 viewsFixed_It

Two hopes for next season on 15:05 - May 6 by patrickswell

Chants, protests, banners the usual - we wait to see what Evans does next, but given that he’s fouled up on pretty much every decision since January 2015, he needs his next appointment to be a success. He seems to think Town fans will settle for being a Championship version of Crewe Alexandra. I want more than that, and think Mick could have delivered that had he got backing. If the next manager fails on the limited backing that Evans will stump up, it needs to be him to go next and we need to let him know about it - regularly and incessantly.

Good grief. Just when you thought the atmosphere might start to improve we have idiots plotting the next hate campaign. Already - with the season barely finished and the next managerial appointment yet to be made. I despair...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Two hopes for next season on 15:51 - May 6 with 6560 viewshtb

Two hopes for next season on 15:27 - May 6 by patrickswell

The issue is so many people have been cheering McCarthy’s departure, when it feels like the real obstacle to progress is still here. I feel Evans was badly served by his first three managers and then failed his one decent one - while sowing the seeds for the circumstances that led to the last three seasons being conducted with what’s felt like a collective migraine hanging over the club.

This is Evans’s biggest summer, since well, probably last summer. He could point to the fact that players were bought and that too many fell victim in injury, but given prices quoted for them, unless we have an effective bargain hunter coming in - the dream of the club progressing will remain a forlorn one.

For gods sake get over your love of MaCarthy there have been nothing but positives since his departure
Two hopes for next season on 15:57 - May 6 with 6530 viewssparks

The "obstacle to progress" is of course keeping us afloat, and would presumably sell up if someone came in with significantly more investment available.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Two hopes for next season on 15:57 - May 6 with 6529 viewspatrickswell

Two hopes for next season on 15:33 - May 6 by Fixed_It

Good grief. Just when you thought the atmosphere might start to improve we have idiots plotting the next hate campaign. Already - with the season barely finished and the next managerial appointment yet to be made. I despair...

I despair too at the inactions of an owner who has only shown himself when things have got unbelievably toxic and disenchanted within the fanbase. Factors which he went a long way to fomenting. He’s relying on the next appointment to get a smile on the faces of Town fans and the heat off himself - but he is not going to provide that manager with much in the way of support to try and push us on.

The myth of us playing attractive football and finishing 15th season after season may be good enough for some. I would like more than that from my club, and I don’t have any belief in Marcus Evans to make it happen. Not based on his track record so far. Now that he’s lost the shield of McCarthy, he needs to be called out on it, especially if his actions fail to match his words. Which they always do.
Two hopes for next season on 15:58 - May 6 with 6520 viewsMullet

Two hopes for next season on 15:51 - May 6 by htb

For gods sake get over your love of MaCarthy there have been nothing but positives since his departure

Has there?

We got dicked by Villa, collapsed against Forest and smashed a lucky not to get relegated Reading after their heads went.

We've yet to see anyone bar Mcloughlin come through, who we didn't know about already. Evans has loads of work to do regardless of where anyone sits. He's got rid of the best manager he's had and has to better that. It's a huge task.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Two hopes for next season on 16:02 - May 6 with 6496 viewsbritbiker

Two hopes for next season on 15:33 - May 6 by Fixed_It

Just thinking the same. Just had a really good day watching the town in a really positive atmosphere and I first post is negative.
Couldn't this post have waited for a day or so.
Two hopes for next season on 16:10 - May 6 with 6474 viewspatrickswell

Two hopes for next season on 16:02 - May 6 by britbiker

Just thinking the same. Just had a really good day watching the town in a really positive atmosphere and I first post is negative.
Couldn't this post have waited for a day or so.

Yeah, sorry. I got a bit bent out of shape by us only finishing above Norwich on goal difference due to a late equaliser - it seemed to sum up the scraps of success nature of the Evans era. Of course had we made the top 6 or automatic promotion off the back of it, I’d have been delighted. Until, I remembered just how Marcus reacted to the last time we flirted with promotion.

You wait, maybe the next appointment will have us 5 points off the play-offs by the time Iain Milne takes to the mic at December’s AGMs and utters the dread phrase, “If we’re in touch with the play-offs in January, Marcus has indicated funds will be available...”
Two hopes for next season on 16:21 - May 6 with 6436 viewsFixed_It

Two hopes for next season on 15:57 - May 6 by patrickswell

I despair too at the inactions of an owner who has only shown himself when things have got unbelievably toxic and disenchanted within the fanbase. Factors which he went a long way to fomenting. He’s relying on the next appointment to get a smile on the faces of Town fans and the heat off himself - but he is not going to provide that manager with much in the way of support to try and push us on.

The myth of us playing attractive football and finishing 15th season after season may be good enough for some. I would like more than that from my club, and I don’t have any belief in Marcus Evans to make it happen. Not based on his track record so far. Now that he’s lost the shield of McCarthy, he needs to be called out on it, especially if his actions fail to match his words. Which they always do.

So you're getting a pre-emptive moan in minutes after the season has finished about something that might not happen.
Try to enjoy the summer.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Two hopes for next season on 17:41 - May 6 with 6283 viewsgt81

I certainly appreciate, and to an extent sympathise with that observation, I just felt that the comparison to the Sunderland owner was somewhat erroneous.

In some ways Evans and Ellis are opposites - Ellis put a lot of money into Sunderland, but was totally oblivious to the incompetence unfolding below him. Evans doesn't put as much investment in, but he isn't oblivious to things going badly, the caveat being he seems to let things run on a bit longer than he should.
Two hopes for next season on 17:46 - May 6 with 6272 viewssundaze

Two hopes for next season on 15:58 - May 6 by Mullet

Has there?

We got dicked by Villa, collapsed against Forest and smashed a lucky not to get relegated Reading after their heads went.

We've yet to see anyone bar Mcloughlin come through, who we didn't know about already. Evans has loads of work to do regardless of where anyone sits. He's got rid of the best manager he's had and has to better that. It's a huge task.

Or we gave it a good go against 4th place Villa until we went down to 10 men, nearly as bad as when we capitulated against Fulham after we went down to 10. We should have beat Forrest and would have done if Ward hadn't had a rush of blood and gave away a needless pen. We thrashed a Reading team who managed to keep a clean sheet today against promoted Cardiff and we put in a decent performance today against a good Boro team.

It's a case of glass half empty or glass half full, people such as yourself are never going to accept that it just might be better next season, others are looking for positives and are happy for this season to finish, then spend the summer hoping the next season will bring an improvement in performances and results.
Two hopes for next season on 17:47 - May 6 with 6266 viewsTractorCam

Yeah, let's just start the new season protesting!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Two hopes for next season on 17:55 - May 6 with 6229 viewsMullet

Two hopes for next season on 17:46 - May 6 by sundaze

Or we gave it a good go against 4th place Villa until we went down to 10 men, nearly as bad as when we capitulated against Fulham after we went down to 10. We should have beat Forrest and would have done if Ward hadn't had a rush of blood and gave away a needless pen. We thrashed a Reading team who managed to keep a clean sheet today against promoted Cardiff and we put in a decent performance today against a good Boro team.

It's a case of glass half empty or glass half full, people such as yourself are never going to accept that it just might be better next season, others are looking for positives and are happy for this season to finish, then spend the summer hoping the next season will bring an improvement in performances and results.

What are you talking about? If we finish higher of course I'll accept that.

You can't just counter facts with "could haves" and put words in my mouth, that's the typical dishonest b0llocks on here which makes the point of debate nil.

People simply insisting "we've got our club" before it's actually happened need to give their head a wobble. Evans' track record for appointing is poor and we're at a crossroads, just assuming he'll get it right is dangerous.

There's also the fact we will need to replace the loanees and most likely at least Bart. To pretend that suddenly it's all going to fall into place when he's not made a single move is just as dangerous as insisting we hound him out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Two hopes for next season on 18:12 - May 6 with 6188 viewsnc41

I'm not getting why you want Evans out with no potential buyer in place. He has already said he would sell to anyone who is able to take the club forward.

Don't waste your enjoying moaning, either buy the club or find that super rich buyer.
Two hopes for next season on 18:34 - May 6 with 6147 viewsjpring89

Two hopes for next season on 16:10 - May 6 by patrickswell

Yeah, sorry. I got a bit bent out of shape by us only finishing above Norwich on goal difference due to a late equaliser - it seemed to sum up the scraps of success nature of the Evans era. Of course had we made the top 6 or automatic promotion off the back of it, I’d have been delighted. Until, I remembered just how Marcus reacted to the last time we flirted with promotion.

You wait, maybe the next appointment will have us 5 points off the play-offs by the time Iain Milne takes to the mic at December’s AGMs and utters the dread phrase, “If we’re in touch with the play-offs in January, Marcus has indicated funds will be available...”

STFU tart.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Two hopes for next season on 18:38 - May 6 with 6134 viewspatrickswell

Two hopes for next season on 18:34 - May 6 by jpring89

STFU tart.

Go and sober up.
Two hopes for next season on 18:43 - May 6 with 6118 viewspatrickswell

Two hopes for next season on 18:12 - May 6 by nc41

I'm not getting why you want Evans out with no potential buyer in place. He has already said he would sell to anyone who is able to take the club forward.

Don't waste your enjoying moaning, either buy the club or find that super rich buyer.

If everyone’s who does the whole, “If you don’t like Evans, go and buy the club” shtick could kindly PM me their bank details, I’ll make a start. After all, it’s no more ludicrous than the “buy him out yourself” line.
Two hopes for next season on 18:47 - May 6 with 6098 viewsJ2BLUE

What a load of rubbish. Point one is so forced and desperate. If we hadn't conceded a 96th minute equaliser today all would have been ok?

Point two is just stupid as well. Your solution is to cause disruption from the first game of the new season. Genius.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Two hopes for next season on 18:50 - May 6 with 6091 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Is this complete and utter idiot serious. For the first time in around 2 years this fractious club is starting to feel reunited together with that sense of optimism coming back for the 18/19 season. And this moron wants to turn it all back it boos and hisses again.

As well as that, this man wants to aim his anger towards the man who keeps Ipswich Town a float. Have you got someone nice a wealthy to wipe out millions of dead to Evans and then continuously invest 7 million to keep us a float, and then still expect millions to be spent on the squad, get a grip of reality. The academy is the future of this club, not overpriced overseas fairies.

Come back down to reality and back the boys next year with optimism. COYB

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Two hopes for next season on 18:51 - May 6 with 6085 viewsBenters2

Two hopes for next season on 17:46 - May 6 by sundaze

Well said chap,the pain of Mick Mac leaving will take a age to heal for some ..
Two hopes for next season on 18:55 - May 6 with 6072 viewsJ2BLUE

Two hopes for next season on 18:51 - May 6 by Benters2

Well said chap,the pain of Mick Mac leaving will take a age to heal for some ..

Some balance from both sides would be nice. The football will likely be better and we might well have a better season but MM deserves credit for the squad he has left us with.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024