Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A fairer play off system 19:53 - May 6 with 2227 viewspistonbroke

As adopted from the vanarama leagues
1st and 2nd automatic promotion
3rd and 4th automatic toplayoff semis 1 leg at home
4that home to 7th 1 leg , 5th at home to 6th 1 leg
3rd team plays winner of 5th and 6th at home over1 leg 4th plays winner of 4th and 7th at home over one leg
The winners will. Play in the final over 1 leg at the ground of the highest placed club therefore giving an advantage to to higher placed club
What do you good people think
Itdefinately gives an advantage to the club finishing higher
A fairer play off system on 19:56 - May 6 with 2209 viewswkj

We discussed it yesterday, personally as a supporter I don't like it, having 2 tie playoff semi final is a financial boost for home sides, almost guaranteed to sell out - as a fan I would be really cheesed off if I couldn't get a ticket for any of the away games if we went the distance

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A fairer play off system on 22:45 - May 6 with 2051 viewsjontysnut

Can't say I'm a fan of it myself. If you're going to favour 3rd placed club then why not just make it automatic. Ebbsfleet played 120 mins then had to go Tranmere and that game went to ET. They were knackered.
A fairer play off system on 22:51 - May 6 with 2040 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sounds very complicated and drawn out. You could extend the argument to teams all the way down to just above the relegation zone.

I would accept a system that pitted 4th bottom in the Prem against the winners of some secondary play-off system for a potential extra relegation/promotion (e.g. the Wembley losers got a second shot at it). It would never wash with those voting on it in the Prem though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A fairer play off system on 23:46 - May 6 with 1996 viewsSonOfSpock

Or just have the top 3 go up, simples.
A fairer play off system on 07:22 - May 7 with 1874 viewstortoise

I think there’s something in it. I think the team finishing third should at least get an advantage of some sort if they don’t go straight up. This might not be perfect, but I think it’s worth experimenting with. Plus 6 teams involved in the play offs gives more sides something to play for, for longer!
A fairer play off system on 08:24 - May 7 with 1820 viewsMaySixth

works at non league level with smaller fanbases
not at league level

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

A fairer play off system on 08:31 - May 7 with 1805 viewsurbanblue

A fairer play off system on 19:56 - May 6 by wkj

We discussed it yesterday, personally as a supporter I don't like it, having 2 tie playoff semi final is a financial boost for home sides, almost guaranteed to sell out - as a fan I would be really cheesed off if I couldn't get a ticket for any of the away games if we went the distance

I like the playoff system used in most sports here in Australia which would look something like this ...

3rd v 4th ... Winner straight to final.

5th v 6th ... Winner plays loser of 3rd v 4th for place in final.

I like how it gives favour to the higher placed teams. Would also give the teams in a play off position something to play for on the last day of the season and keep it interesting right up to the last game.
A fairer play off system on 08:40 - May 7 with 1782 viewsNo9

Never liked the play off system at all - still don't= it accommodates poor managers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024