Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile that lot up the road 12:37 - May 7 with 7626 viewssundaze

Are getting quite upset because Maddison was injured yesterday and it is feared that it could be the old "ACL" injury. This would not only stop them cashing in on him in the summer, it would also mean he would be unable to play for them for most of next season, if not longer. A bit of a double whammy.
Meanwhile that lot up the road on 12:40 - May 7 with 7019 viewsHipsterectomy

Let's hope no one gets oliveria and the donkey naismith so they have quite a bit of money needlessly being thrown away

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 12:54 - May 7 with 6989 viewsIllinoisblue

According to this the budgies were also fighting among themselves y/day. A perfect day!

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2018/05/07/a-hillsborough-finale-to-forg

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 13:29 - May 7 with 6808 viewsSaigonTractor

Must be a shame having a club legend like Maddison tearing his ACL.
Meanwhile that lot up the road on 13:29 - May 7 with 6815 viewswkj

I honestly don't think there is any doubt he did his ACL what so ever, a scan is academic at this point

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 13:48 - May 7 with 6726 viewshoppy

Oh well...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 13:50 - May 7 with 6711 viewswkj

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 13:48 - May 7 by hoppy

Oh well...

channelling your inner one before 13th Man? Well played

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 14:02 - May 7 with 6675 viewsHarryfromBath

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 12:54 - May 7 by Illinoisblue

According to this the budgies were also fighting among themselves y/day. A perfect day!

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2018/05/07/a-hillsborough-finale-to-forg

Many thanks for that link, Illy.

That's actually an insightful piece by Gary Gowers as he highlights just how deep their problems could be, assuming Delia won't back the club from personal funds going forward (and she won't). Marcus Evans may not have gambled the farm on us, but his funding has at least kept us competitive and viable.

I can live with their fans crowing about many things including their uncharacteristic recent success, but they deserve everything they get back should their sneering about our lack of funds now rebound on them.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 14:12 - May 7 with 6613 viewsPinewoodblue

Good read. The writer has a selective memory as appears to have forgotten all about a thumping at Craven cottage in a game that mattered.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 14:18 - May 7 with 6573 viewsSpruceMoose

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 14:02 - May 7 by HarryfromBath

That's actually an insightful piece by Gary Gowers as he highlights just how deep their problems could be, assuming Delia won't back the club from personal funds going forward (and she won't). Marcus Evans may not have gambled the farm on us, but his funding has at least kept us competitive and viable.

I can live with their fans crowing about many things including their uncharacteristic recent success, but they deserve everything they get back should their sneering about our lack of funds now rebound on them.

All hail Harry. King of the board.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 15:40 - May 7 with 6373 viewsRegencyBlue

If it is the ACL then even if he makes a ‘full’ recovery his value just lost a few million!
Meanwhile that lot up the road on 15:57 - May 7 with 6297 viewsJakeITFC

‘The lowest finish in the football pyramid since the relegation in 2008/09’

Erm, except for the season after that when they were in a lower division entirely.
Meanwhile that lot up the road on 15:59 - May 7 with 6278 viewsBLUEBEAT

Can see Hoolahan staying if Maddison is out longterm
[Post edited 7 May 2018 19:12]

Poll: W or W

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 16:04 - May 7 with 6257 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 15:57 - May 7 by JakeITFC

‘The lowest finish in the football pyramid since the relegation in 2008/09’

Erm, except for the season after that when they were in a lower division entirely.

You missed "Roeder-induced" just to make sure you had no doubt where the blame lay and didn't think it had anything to do with the mighty Bryan Gunn. Shame his parting gift of 1-7 vs Col U and Lisbie led to them getting Lambert.

I wonder, is the past decade the most successful in their history?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 23:02 - May 7 with 5793 viewsArnieM

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 13:29 - May 7 by wkj

I honestly don't think there is any doubt he did his ACL what so ever, a scan is academic at this point

Well they might want to see it it’s the dreaded “Triage”injury, or “just” his ACL. Either way they are fooked, next season.

Perhaps our resident scummer, Mr Yoda, could give us an insight into how he feels his Club will fair next season?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 23:46 - May 7 with 5712 viewsmonytowbray

I’m blocked by Gowers on Twitter, but I see he still does his usual trick of being selective with data to make Norwich look better than they actually are. Odd how he claims 2009 was the last season we finished above them and their lowest league finish in decades seeing as 2010 they finished below us regardless as they were in league one.

What a t1t.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 00:51 - May 8 with 5614 viewspointofblue

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 14:02 - May 7 by HarryfromBath

I have to smile at your final paragraph though, Harry - I remember quite a few Town fans waving £5 and £10 notes at them in Magilton's last game in charge as they were going down and we were entering an era with a money man.

He who laughs last...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 07:45 - May 8 with 5334 viewsblue75

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 00:51 - May 8 by pointofblue

I have to smile at your final paragraph though, Harry - I remember quite a few Town fans waving £5 and £10 notes at them in Magilton's last game in charge as they were going down and we were entering an era with a money man.

He who laughs last...

I seem to remember quite a few Naaridge fans waving £10 & £20 notes at carrot road when we went into administration I’m sure we’ll return the favour if their financial doom does come to fruition.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 07:57 - May 8 with 5283 viewsArnieM

Oh dear, scum are already £23 million in debt.
£200mbare they well and truly Farked it up . Even having to beg from their fans for money to support their academy. Poor management during the days of milk and honey, minimal forward planning it seems for when the bubble was going to burst - as it was always going to do.

A Relegation season becons for that lot hopefully. Let’s see how quick those “ wonderful” ( plastic) fans turn.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 07:59 - May 8 with 5275 viewsPinewoodblue

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 07:45 - May 8 by blue75

I seem to remember quite a few Naaridge fans waving £10 & £20 notes at carrot road when we went into administration I’m sure we’ll return the favour if their financial doom does come to fruition.

Waving fivers at Bruce Grobelar was class

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 08:04 - May 8 with 5259 viewsITFCBlues

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 07:57 - May 8 by ArnieM

£200mbare they well and truly Farked it up . Even having to beg from their fans for money to support their academy. Poor management during the days of milk and honey, minimal forward planning it seems for when the bubble was going to burst - as it was always going to do.

A Relegation season becons for that lot hopefully. Let’s see how quick those “ wonderful” ( plastic) fans turn.

I believe they’re debt free?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 08:06 - May 8 with 5252 viewsGeoffSentence

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 07:57 - May 8 by ArnieM

I can't see them getting relegated quite yet, but if they did I would imagine that for the first season they would hold on to a lot of their fans, like last time. If success eluded them in that first season they would disappear.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 08:11 - May 8 with 5235 viewsitfcjoe

They've had so many millions from the PL, and are now going to be skint.

I think their DoF has done well to get their wage bill down as much as he has, but it is going to need to go further unless they can find some investment.

They have slated Evans for years as a tax dodging crook, but if things play out as it looks like they will, they will be desperate for someone willing to put the £5-6m a year in - because Delia won't (she even took money out when they were in the PL)

I won't be shedding any tears, I think Farke is the wrong man personally - but they've been way above their station for too long now and their fall will be enjoyable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 09:26 - May 8 with 5086 viewsITFCBlues

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 08:11 - May 8 by itfcjoe

They've had so many millions from the PL, and are now going to be skint.

I think their DoF has done well to get their wage bill down as much as he has, but it is going to need to go further unless they can find some investment.

They have slated Evans for years as a tax dodging crook, but if things play out as it looks like they will, they will be desperate for someone willing to put the £5-6m a year in - because Delia won't (she even took money out when they were in the PL)

I won't be shedding any tears, I think Farke is the wrong man personally - but they've been way above their station for too long now and their fall will be enjoyable

But do they need 5-6m a year when they’re getting an extra 6-7k a week more than us at least? That’ll probably cover that shortfall?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 12:50 - May 8 with 4904 viewsnc41

Meanwhile that lot up the road on 09:26 - May 8 by ITFCBlues

But do they need 5-6m a year when they’re getting an extra 6-7k a week more than us at least? That’ll probably cover that shortfall?

The 5-6m is our short fall. Theirs would be considerably more and be dependent on any reductions they make to their wage bill or additional income like player sales.
The extra 6-7k fans means nothing, that income already included in their current predictions; that 6-7k will probably fall a little too.
Meanwhile that lot up the road on 12:51 - May 8 with 4893 viewschicoazul

Hilarious.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024