Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who to scrap? 12:49 - May 7 with 6849 viewsITFCed

I would scrap Iorfa, Gleeson, Hyam, Carayol and McGoldrick out of the first team players. It would be nice to keep CCV, Connolly and Celina but think they will all go back to their parent clubs and maybe even play next year for them, in particular Connolly.

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Who to scrap? on 13:11 - May 7 with 5633 viewsGarv

I'd keep Carayol if we could to some extent guarantee his fitness.

Hyam can't hold down a first team place so I tend to say he should go, but I see his value as a squad player.

Gleeson can go. Ditto Iorfa, although he's had a few good games.

The other loans are all good players, I'd have Celina again but wouldn't be heartbroken if he didn't come. CCV would be a brilliant signing even if again on loan, but I feel that's a little unlikely, will have other offers and may get a look in at Spurs. Would also take Connolly again, I guess this one is a bit more realistic/likely?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who to scrap? on 13:26 - May 7 with 5588 viewswkj

I think we can find better than Celina, He has been a handy signing, but I am not blown away by him I must admit

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who to scrap? on 13:30 - May 7 with 5573 viewstcblue

Gleeson and the loanees.

I was disappointed we loaned out Downes and Emanuel this season, when they were good enough to be squad players.

Next season ought to be the breakthrough of the academy products making up a large part of the squad. COYB
Who to scrap? on 13:56 - May 7 with 5510 viewsPJH

Who to scrap? on 13:26 - May 7 by wkj

I think we can find better than Celina, He has been a handy signing, but I am not blown away by him I must admit

Agree with that.
Celina had flashes of brilliance but I would say that Lawrence was far more use to us.

I would hope that if we were to get a youngish PL attacking player on loan next season then he would contribute more on a consistent basis than Celina has.

I know that but for his purple patch much the same could be said of Lawrence, but what a purple patch.
Who to scrap? on 13:58 - May 7 with 5508 viewsNewcyBlue

12th_man. His digs at other fans has become boring at best.

I made the day trip down yesterday. Despite his wishes.

Let’s scrap him.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who to scrap? on 14:02 - May 7 with 5487 viewsGarv

Who to scrap? on 13:56 - May 7 by PJH

Agree with that.
Celina had flashes of brilliance but I would say that Lawrence was far more use to us.

I would hope that if we were to get a youngish PL attacking player on loan next season then he would contribute more on a consistent basis than Celina has.

I know that but for his purple patch much the same could be said of Lawrence, but what a purple patch.

Lawrence had more of an ability to scrap, and played basically up front or just behind for a period. Celina doesn't have that ruthlessness yet.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who to scrap? on 14:09 - May 7 with 5447 viewsSpruceMoose

Who to scrap? on 13:58 - May 7 by NewcyBlue

12th_man. His digs at other fans has become boring at best.

I made the day trip down yesterday. Despite his wishes.

Let’s scrap him.

As his agent I have had interest from WOTB and Tractorboys.com. I am encouraging him to consider these as he has definitely poisoned his well on TWTD.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who to scrap? on 14:13 - May 7 with 5412 viewsGeoffSentence

Who to scrap? on 13:56 - May 7 by PJH

Agree with that.

Fraser was better still.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Who to scrap? on 14:20 - May 7 with 5380 viewsPJH

Who to scrap? on 14:13 - May 7 by GeoffSentence

Fraser was better still.

I agree but because of his injury we did not get to see enough of him.
Who to scrap? on 22:16 - May 7 with 5094 viewsbournemouthblue

Who to scrap? on 13:11 - May 7 by Garv

I'd keep Carayol if we could to some extent guarantee his fitness.

Hyam can't hold down a first team place so I tend to say he should go, but I see his value as a squad player.

Gleeson can go. Ditto Iorfa, although he's had a few good games.

The other loans are all good players, I'd have Celina again but wouldn't be heartbroken if he didn't come. CCV would be a brilliant signing even if again on loan, but I feel that's a little unlikely, will have other offers and may get a look in at Spurs. Would also take Connolly again, I guess this one is a bit more realistic/likely?

A pay as you play contract

He certainly has something about him in his

CCV and Connolly would both be nice, we need quality like that if we want to push up the league

We need another striker in the Murphy mold and a creator, be that a winger, a central midfielder, attacking midfielder etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who to scrap? on 09:38 - May 8 with 4903 viewsCurrie10

Who to scrap? on 22:16 - May 7 by bournemouthblue

A pay as you play contract

He certainly has something about him in his

CCV and Connolly would both be nice, we need quality like that if we want to push up the league

We need another striker in the Murphy mold and a creator, be that a winger, a central midfielder, attacking midfielder etc

Agreed, if we can sort Carayol out we've got a right player on our hands. Definitely worth trying to keep.
Who to scrap? on 09:47 - May 8 with 4887 viewsWallingford_Boy

You think Celina will be playing for Man City next season?!

I'd have CCV and Connolly on loan again, but think only CCV is realistic.

RIP Sir Bobby

Who to scrap? on 09:48 - May 8 with 4878 viewsBluebell

Who to scrap? on 09:38 - May 8 by Currie10

Agreed, if we can sort Carayol out we've got a right player on our hands. Definitely worth trying to keep.

" if we can sort Carayol out "

Do you mean healthwise or with a contract? If it is getting him fit, I am not sure we should.

We have too many players injured and out so we don't want that next season. Bryan Klug commented on the injuries and he was right. It has to be controlled in some way.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - May 8 with 4827 viewschicoazul

We have Bart, a bunch of injured midfielders, a creaking Chambers and Skuse, Webster, Ward, Jonas the Man, a load of kids, and Wags and Garner. Das it.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 10:11]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:55 - May 8 with 4747 viewsblueislander

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - May 8 by chicoazul

We have Bart, a bunch of injured midfielders, a creaking Chambers and Skuse, Webster, Ward, Jonas the Man, a load of kids, and Wags and Garner. Das it.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 10:11]

Hopefully neither Chambers nor Skuse will feature much next season, and if we could get a few grand for them they can go as far as I am concerned. You say "a load of kids" rather dismissively. Among those "kids" are Huws, Dozzell, Bishop , Downes, Nydem, Adeyemi, Kenlock, Woolfenden, Morris, Emmanuel, Folemi., and probably some others I have not mentioned. They are our future, and , to me, it looks pretty good.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:58 - May 8 with 4737 viewschicoazul

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:55 - May 8 by blueislander

Hopefully neither Chambers nor Skuse will feature much next season, and if we could get a few grand for them they can go as far as I am concerned. You say "a load of kids" rather dismissively. Among those "kids" are Huws, Dozzell, Bishop , Downes, Nydem, Adeyemi, Kenlock, Woolfenden, Morris, Emmanuel, Folemi., and probably some others I have not mentioned. They are our future, and , to me, it looks pretty good.

I dont mean it to sound dismissive. I hope they are all excellent. But I am not sure we can call Adeyemi and Huws kids.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:05 - May 8 with 4725 viewsBlueNomad

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:55 - May 8 by blueislander

I agree with regard to the youngsters but that makes Chambers and Skuse more vital than ever. Two wise heads in the heat of battle!
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:28 - May 8 with 4678 viewsblueislander

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:05 - May 8 by BlueNomad

I agree with regard to the youngsters but that makes Chambers and Skuse more vital than ever. Two wise heads in the heat of battle!

Playing hoofball while the others are trying to pass it?
Who to scrap? on 11:30 - May 8 with 4674 viewsKieran_Knows

Iorfa, Celina, Connolly and CCV all to return to their parent clubs, although I'd like to see CCV back here next season.

Of our own players, I imagine McGoldrick, Hyam, Gleeson and Carayol will go (plus any youngsters). Up until these last 4 games, I thought Sears was a shoe in to leave as well, but maybe not after his last couple of appearances.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 11:39]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:37 - May 8 with 4658 viewsBlueNomad

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:28 - May 8 by blueislander

Playing hoofball while the others are trying to pass it?

Does Skuse play hoofball?
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:42 - May 8 with 4636 viewsblueislander

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:37 - May 8 by BlueNomad

Does Skuse play hoofball?

Not really, but we haven't seen much of his passing game either. The way the team played limited his role to that of trying to block off the opposition's attacking intentions. One assumes that that was how he was instructed to play, so we honestly don't know whether he has that ability.
Who to scrap? on 11:44 - May 8 with 4630 viewschicoazul

Who to scrap? on 11:30 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

Iorfa, Celina, Connolly and CCV all to return to their parent clubs, although I'd like to see CCV back here next season.

Of our own players, I imagine McGoldrick, Hyam, Gleeson and Carayol will go (plus any youngsters). Up until these last 4 games, I thought Sears was a shoe in to leave as well, but maybe not after his last couple of appearances.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 11:39]

Isnt Sears out of contract? 2 goals in 40 games doesnt scream keep me does it.

Who to scrap? on 11:46 - May 8 with 4626 viewsKieran_Knows

Who to scrap? on 11:44 - May 8 by chicoazul

Isnt Sears out of contract? 2 goals in 40 games doesnt scream keep me does it.

2019, I think.

It doesn't, but 2 goals in 3 games, when playing through the middle suggests if we play him in his correct position, he might actually score a few. As I say, he may still go, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does stay now (or at least given pre-season). That said, I do know that Town up until 2/3 weeks ago were planning on selling him, as well as releasing McGoldrick (although that was pretty obvious anyway).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:47 - May 8 with 4623 viewsBlueNomad

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:42 - May 8 by blueislander

Not really, but we haven't seen much of his passing game either. The way the team played limited his role to that of trying to block off the opposition's attacking intentions. One assumes that that was how he was instructed to play, so we honestly don't know whether he has that ability.

In recent weeks he has hit some lovely passes and has actually got forward. Your point about bringing in younger players is a good one, all I am saying is that at this level especially you still need at least two older, wiser heads.
Who to scrap? on 11:50 - May 8 with 4609 viewsPJH

Who to scrap? on 11:46 - May 8 by Kieran_Knows

2019, I think.

It doesn't, but 2 goals in 3 games, when playing through the middle suggests if we play him in his correct position, he might actually score a few. As I say, he may still go, but it wouldn't surprise me if he does stay now (or at least given pre-season). That said, I do know that Town up until 2/3 weeks ago were planning on selling him, as well as releasing McGoldrick (although that was pretty obvious anyway).

Although his goal at Reading was because he chased the ball down the middle he was not actually playing through the middle-I assume that you were not at Reading but even if you were I think my point stands.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024