Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... 09:10 - May 8 with 63250 viewslinhdi

I went to the opening night on Friday. For once, I agree with the reviews in the press - this show is simply brilliant.

It tells the story of our FA Cup run and win in 1978, from January to May, through the lives of Town fans and their families. The script is very closely based on memories provided by Town fans. Each round of the cup is accompanied by a live band playing tracks from 1978, effortlessly moving from Blonde to the Bee Gees to The Clash (etc).

It is hilarious - I defy you not to spot a bit of yourself, and maybe of any family members who don't do football (you don't have to be a fan to like this show).

The actor playing Sir Bobby is just superb - voice, body language. Those who knew Sir Bobby best said he has captured him really well.

And then there was the moment, at the end, when...... (No, just go see it!).

Fans who were there have gone misty-eyed, saying it captures the feeling superbly. Those who weren't there get to feel a bit what it was like.

I'll be going a few more times yet. (Runs to 26th May).
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:05 - May 19 with 10131 viewsSitfcB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:51 - May 19 by hoppy

Yes, I spoke to another TWTDer way over to the right at the interval.

I suppose little R would be too young to take?

Same one then I reckon.

Yes, unfortunately so.

The Bobby Robson parts got me the most I think.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:19 - May 19 with 10118 viewsnorfsufblue

If the show doesn't get another run somewhere I how it is filmed and released on DVD ..would make a great gift for a Town fan.
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:38 - May 19 with 10059 viewsBluespeed225

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:49 - May 19 by SitfcB

I spotted another twtder in the audience, and passed him whilst going into the toilet!

Good for you to experience being near me and not with me!

I think I want to go again with the Mrs.

I only know about 3 TWTD’ers by sight. I call for name badges to be worn in social situations!
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 23:24 - May 19 with 9986 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:43 - May 19 by hoppy

Echo that completely... as I took Yasmin to watch it for a second time...

Found ourselves sitting right behind Sitters... not with him, but near him!!

Just as good a second time, and as before, had a bad case of hayfever through most of it as my eyes seemed to have a fair bit of dust or moisture in them...

One week left to go see it if you haven't yet.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:45]

Probably delayed wedding tears!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 04:04 - May 20 with 9913 viewsharlingblue

Seen it once, going again next week. Yes the show was thought out very well, band was great and Peter Peverley absolutely superb as Bobby Robson.
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 09:30 - May 20 with 9829 viewslinhdi

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:19 - May 19 by norfsufblue

If the show doesn't get another run somewhere I how it is filmed and released on DVD ..would make a great gift for a Town fan.

We've asked about this, but there are too many complexities over use of the various songs. So, there's just a week to go if you ever want to see this brilliant production...
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:07 - May 20 with 9794 viewsSitfcB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 09:30 - May 20 by linhdi

We've asked about this, but there are too many complexities over use of the various songs. So, there's just a week to go if you ever want to see this brilliant production...

What are the chances of them extending it or taking it on tour?!

Also, will they do something like that in 2021?

COYB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:12 - May 20 with 9793 viewsSitfcB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:59 - May 12 by hoppy

So glad you were able to make it.. and you could see why I was enthusing about it so much when I was telling you about it?!

Have they kept the couple of non-authentic of the time references to 'tractor boys' in, or have they accepted the error of doing so and dropped them now? That was the only thing I think I could criticise of when I saw it (a couple of nearly suffolk accents being forgiven).

That was the only thing I raised my eyebrows at, the Tractor Boys reference.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 12:31 - May 20 with 9766 viewsReuser_is_God

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:07 - May 20 by SitfcB

I’d love them to do something in 2021.

I also think if they were to take it on tour it would be very successful.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:12 - May 20 with 9750 viewsFreddies_Ears

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:07 - May 20 by SitfcB

No promises, but there have been early discussions about 2021. The support for OBH has been fabulous, and it has attracted a lot of first-time visitors, as well as an understandably high number of repeat visitors too. It would be great to do something along similar lines, and I am sure Peter Rowe (the writer) would have fun with appropriate music from each country we played in!
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:23 - May 20 with 9746 viewsKieran_Knows

Going on Tuesday night, can’t wait based on all the comments!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:51 - May 20 with 9725 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 12:31 - May 20 by Reuser_is_God

First stop, Norwich Theatre Royal... so the locals get to see what it feels like to win a trophy and enjoy a bit of history too?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 14:06 - May 20 with 9722 viewsPinewoodblue

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:23 - May 20 by Kieran_Knows

Going on Tuesday night, can’t wait based on all the comments!

Snap

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 15:33 - May 20 with 9690 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 14:23 - May 17 by hoppy

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Yasmin will as well, I'm sure, as she was chuffed after we saw it on the opening night and the cast were then in attendance at the Middlesbrough match on the Sunday, we were passing the main gate on the way to the fanzone when they were just coming out of there - and they were the first to say 'Hello Yasmin' before she could say anything to them!

We left our programme with one of the cast members so that they could get the young girls to sign it, as Yasmin had managed to get everyone else to do so afterwards, so we need to try and see if we can get hold of that again, although we can't remember who it was we left it with, so we'll have to try and see if we can ask!

What's the youngest you would say it would be suitable for?

It's still running on Saturday afternoon isn't it? That might be the only chance I could get to see it but would require taking young children with me.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:02 - May 20 with 9641 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 15:33 - May 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

What's the youngest you would say it would be suitable for?

It's still running on Saturday afternoon isn't it? That might be the only chance I could get to see it but would require taking young children with me.

Difficult to say for definite as I know children can be very different... but Yasmin is 6, and thoroughly enjoyed it, would love to go again and last night kept asking me to put the songs from the show on YouTube for her to sing along to, and as I came out from her room after putting her to bed, she was still singing Blondie’s ‘hanging on the telephone’...

I just asked her and she said she thinks she would’ve enjoyed it even at 5 or 4, but she’s been used to going to football and seeing live music since she was tiny, so couldn’t say for sure... but I’d go for it if I were you!

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:06 - May 20 with 9638 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:02 - May 20 by hoppy

Difficult to say for definite as I know children can be very different... but Yasmin is 6, and thoroughly enjoyed it, would love to go again and last night kept asking me to put the songs from the show on YouTube for her to sing along to, and as I came out from her room after putting her to bed, she was still singing Blondie’s ‘hanging on the telephone’...

I just asked her and she said she thinks she would’ve enjoyed it even at 5 or 4, but she’s been used to going to football and seeing live music since she was tiny, so couldn’t say for sure... but I’d go for it if I were you!

Thanks, now just got to persuade the 40-year-old!

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:10 - May 20 with 9627 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:06 - May 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks, now just got to persuade the 40-year-old!

Good luck... all I would add is that you would kick yourself if you didn’t make it and missed out at what is a gem of a production!

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:45 - May 20 with 9582 viewswallyvincent

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 12:31 - May 20 by Reuser_is_God

Me and the wife were saying this, it would appeal to all football fans. I really wish I could get down to see it again.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 20:46 - May 20 with 9546 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 18:10 - May 20 by hoppy

Good luck... all I would add is that you would kick yourself if you didn’t make it and missed out at what is a gem of a production!

All booked now.

Looking forward to it.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 13:45 - May 21 with 9301 viewscarlisleaway

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 20:46 - May 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

All booked now.

Looking forward to it.

Going again this evening along with a friend and my son, glutton for a tear or two
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:08 - May 21 with 9223 viewsusm

Four of us going on Sat afternoon.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:21 - May 21 with 9213 viewspimballwizard

I shall be driving up to Ipswich from sunny Staines on Thursday pm to see what all the fuss is about.

Have packed extra hankies/Kleenex/tena pantie liners and some dark glasses just in case.... Really looking forward to it.
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:27 - May 21 with 9205 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:21 - May 21 by pimballwizard

I shall be driving up to Ipswich from sunny Staines on Thursday pm to see what all the fuss is about.

Have packed extra hankies/Kleenex/tena pantie liners and some dark glasses just in case.... Really looking forward to it.

Make sure you have plenty of hayfever medication as well. It does get very dusty in there for some reason.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:46 - May 21 with 9156 viewsLord_Lucan

Live link up.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 23:04 - May 21 with 9031 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:46 - May 21 by Lord_Lucan

Live link up.

Just got back.

Yes it was very good. Bobby Robson was obviously a stand out, his accent and mannerisms are uncanny - down to the slight lisp and couple of glasses of whisky pronunciations.

The young girl was very good as was the black guy and I also liked the vicar. I'm glad the black bloke was in there as we had a very large black following back then - dis proportionally high even with a town with a large black population.

The Tractor boy reference annoyed me as did the Bristol accents a bit - but that even happens on prime time TV. Oh and we never had a Martlesham Police HQ back then. All in all though a very good night out.

Only downside was I had a call from our alarm centre in the interval advising us that an alarm was going off in one of our units - but obviously I ignored this and went back in for the second half.

Finally, I presume we played in white throughout for stage lighting purposes.

Finally finally - and I don't want to post a spoiler. Is the ending the same every night?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024