Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGoldrick leaving ... 13:01 - May 8 with 3266 viewsDarth_Koont

Understandable but still

Pronouns: He/Him

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:03 - May 8 with 3248 viewshype313

A case of what could have been. Good luck to him, hopefully he can have a few injury free years in his twilight.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:05 - May 8 with 3234 viewsJ2BLUE

I suspect no new contract has been offered because he made it clear he would be leaving. I'm sure we'd have offered him reduced terms as well after all his injuries.

Good luck to him but not really bothered he's going.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:09 - May 8 with 3200 viewsFtnfwest

shame and i went to the luton away game earlier in the season where he was superb (as was Celina in the co-striker role). But time to move on really.
McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:10 - May 8 with 3193 viewstextbackup

Frees up the best part of £20k a week to invest (hopefully) in guys that will last longer than a third of a season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:14 - May 8 with 3155 viewsHarryWright

beautiful player to watch but things just didn't go right with injuries and he kept having to come back to fitness/form before he'd get injured again.
McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:23 - May 8 with 3118 viewsGuthrum

Great player on his day. But unfortunately, largely due to injury, those days came increasingly rarely.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:27 - May 8 with 3077 viewschicoazul

The best player Marcus' money ever bought. I just can't take it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:28 - May 8 with 3071 viewsSmithy

I'm sure he played in goal for Middlesbrough on Sunday

https://www.vavel.com/en/football/2017/07/22/championship/809903-middlesbrough-c

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:30 - May 8 with 3041 viewsDanFord

Good. The wage he is on and the amount he contributes we could get two half decent players in. On his day he was superb but he also always appeared to play for himself and not the team. So frustrating to watch when he shoots from 30 yards instead of playing a colleague in. He was great four years ago when he scored 16 but since then I don't think I can remember a Town player frustrating me as much, aside from Marcus Bent who reminded me of him so much. A player that had such class, could be a world beater, but rarely turned up or looked bothered.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:38 - May 8 with 2997 viewsbenno1uk

I bet he wishes he'd played for Norwich. He'd have a guard of honour and a statue by now.
McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:39 - May 8 with 2994 viewsSuperfrans

Very sad. One of the few players worth watching over recent years. Shame we can't find a justification to keep him.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:41 - May 8 with 2969 viewsDanFord

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:38 - May 8 by benno1uk

I bet he wishes he'd played for Norwich. He'd have a guard of honour and a statue by now.

Plus he would have a legends match to look forward to in years to come to commemorate them beating us 9-2. I'm amazed that's not yet been incorporated into their crest.

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:45 - May 8 with 2953 viewsStenvict

Greatest player to ever play for Town. It's been an absolute pleasure watching him. I hope Barca get the best out of him.

Poll: What will be announced first?

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:46 - May 8 with 2948 viewsDanFord

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:45 - May 8 by Stenvict

Greatest player to ever play for Town. It's been an absolute pleasure watching him. I hope Barca get the best out of him.

It's like you are reading McGoldricks mind or something.

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:53 - May 8 with 2918 viewswkj

He did a good job but I was starting to resent his i jury proneness. Hope he has better luck at his new club... how close to Blackburn is his family? Eep

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

McGoldrick leaving ... on 14:02 - May 8 with 2881 viewsJohnny_Boy

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:23 - May 8 by Guthrum

Great player on his day. But unfortunately, largely due to injury, those days came increasingly rarely.

With bags of hindsight, should we have accepted the rumoured £7m a few seasons back?

Not that Mick would have seen any of that cash.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 14:06]
McGoldrick leaving ... on 14:13 - May 8 with 2846 viewsDarth_Koont

McGoldrick leaving ... on 13:39 - May 8 by Superfrans

Very sad. One of the few players worth watching over recent years. Shame we can't find a justification to keep him.

Indeed. My heart says we should keep him but ...

He'd be third choice up front behind Waghorn and Garner/another player to lead the line. And I think his preferred deep-lying position at the top of midfield is now in principle taken by Huws, Dozzell, Bishop etc.

There isn't really a slot for him in the same way as there was before. That coupled with his injury issues and wages makes him a bit of a luxury.

We've certainly come along way from when we wanted and needed to build the team around him.

Pronouns: He/Him

McGoldrick leaving ... on 14:17 - May 8 with 2825 viewshype313

McGoldrick leaving ... on 14:13 - May 8 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. My heart says we should keep him but ...

He'd be third choice up front behind Waghorn and Garner/another player to lead the line. And I think his preferred deep-lying position at the top of midfield is now in principle taken by Huws, Dozzell, Bishop etc.

There isn't really a slot for him in the same way as there was before. That coupled with his injury issues and wages makes him a bit of a luxury.

We've certainly come along way from when we wanted and needed to build the team around him.

Indeed, he's the sort of player that would be lovely to have over a 46 game season who could be utilised from the bench to come on and do something special, unfortunately that's an expensive luxury we can't afford.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

McGoldrick leaving ... on 15:42 - May 8 with 2743 viewsGuthrum

McGoldrick leaving ... on 14:02 - May 8 by Johnny_Boy

With bags of hindsight, should we have accepted the rumoured £7m a few seasons back?

Not that Mick would have seen any of that cash.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 14:06]

Perhaps, tho probably not. None of us saw it that way at the time, the mood at Derby where he was absent during that transfer window.

And the money was indeed unlikely to have gone into the transfer kitty.

Considering his lengthy injury lay-offs, his goal (and creation) productivity for the club has been both quite prolific and also important.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024