Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The scummers 13:12 - May 8 with 3888 viewsHarryWright

why do they always say 'maybe they'll put another star on their shirt' with reference to finishing above them.

Like they're trying to make out we out stars on for meaningless reasons when they actually represent things they'll never achieve.

It's just a bit weird for them to put this when they are the ones that have participants in their honours. Generalisation I know but they're not the brightest bunch are they?
The scummers on 13:14 - May 8 with 3856 viewstextbackup

If Man Utd Liverpool etc put a star on shirt for every cup win they’d have no space BUT the size of club we are it should be celebrated.
They just hate they’ve got fck all to crow about

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The scummers on 13:20 - May 8 with 3779 viewsLankHenners

It's 'cause they're a bit simple.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The scummers on 13:21 - May 8 with 3759 viewsTractorCam

Always makes me laugh too, they don't understand how ironic they sound

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The scummers on 13:22 - May 8 with 3756 viewsHipsterectomy

In the Norwich City 'Legends' team to commemorate getting to the third round of the UEFA cup...yes the third round...is their player of the season Lee Croft...who won it the year they were relegated into League 1, one player who averaged 26 games a season for 3 seasons for them and another who once scored against Man Utd

Could they not have found a starting 11 of actual, real important players that they have had?
[Post edited 8 May 2018 13:22]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The scummers on 13:22 - May 8 with 3746 viewsm14_blue

The scummers on 13:20 - May 8 by LankHenners

It's 'cause they're a bit simple.

And absolutely obsessed with our history.

They bring it up far more often than we do.
The scummers on 13:22 - May 8 with 3738 viewslukey130490

every time they say that, just remember they had a celebration for the players that reached an fa cup semi, and are having a memorial match for 25 years since they got knocked out europe...
The scummers on 13:23 - May 8 with 3734 viewsHarryWright

The scummers on 13:14 - May 8 by textbackup

If Man Utd Liverpool etc put a star on shirt for every cup win they’d have no space BUT the size of club we are it should be celebrated.
They just hate they’ve got fck all to crow about

It's just a weird way to mock the use of stars though, it's like they're claiming winning 3 major trophies is as meaningless as finishing above them which quite clearly it isn't. Just makes them look a little simple as a previous poster said.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 13:24]
The scummers on 13:27 - May 8 with 3689 viewsBecclesITFC

Because deep down they secretly hate the fact we have won 3 major league trophies and they never will. They say about us banging on about history but they really do HATE us for that.

They are also obsessed with our debt. They don't actually understand that we are in debt to nobody, we are financially in a much more stable position than they are and will continue to be as long as Evans is here.

Norwich don't have anything that i'm one tiny bit envy of. The attendances will drop, they have no more fans than we have, we were averaging what they get after 5 years outside the PL.
Login to get fewer ads

The scummers on 13:29 - May 8 with 3653 viewsmccarthy_is_god

The scummers on 13:27 - May 8 by BecclesITFC

Because deep down they secretly hate the fact we have won 3 major league trophies and they never will. They say about us banging on about history but they really do HATE us for that.

They are also obsessed with our debt. They don't actually understand that we are in debt to nobody, we are financially in a much more stable position than they are and will continue to be as long as Evans is here.

Norwich don't have anything that i'm one tiny bit envy of. The attendances will drop, they have no more fans than we have, we were averaging what they get after 5 years outside the PL.

It's laughable - They put their finances resting on selling one player in Maddison, now what can they do? How I'd love to see them relegated again.

Poll: Ban the Away Day guff?

The scummers on 13:32 - May 8 with 3621 viewsBecclesITFC

The scummers on 13:22 - May 8 by m14_blue

And absolutely obsessed with our history.

They bring it up far more often than we do.

haha. I have to keep telling them that we don't ACTUALLY talk about it that much. Appreciate this week is an 40 anniversary thingy etc at the moment but generally we don't really badger about it that much. I don't think anyway.

The only time we do is when we play them, as it just annoys the Sh1t of them.
The scummers on 13:33 - May 8 with 3630 viewsmccarthy_is_god

Just pulled this stunning statement from the Norwich pink un forum also.

'Hoolahan may or may not have said that, and if he did, so what? Never been frustrated with your employer? He still gave us 10 years and is significantly better than any player you've had in the last 20.'

This was in reference to him calling them a ****house of a club. significantly better than any player we've had since 1998... absolutely hilarious.

The scummers on 13:35 - May 8 with 3602 viewsHipsterectomy

The scummers on 13:33 - May 8 by mccarthy_is_god

Just pulled this stunning statement from the Norwich pink un forum also.

'Hoolahan may or may not have said that, and if he did, so what? Never been frustrated with your employer? He still gave us 10 years and is significantly better than any player you've had in the last 20.'

This was in reference to him calling them a ****house of a club. significantly better than any player we've had since 1998... absolutely hilarious.

That's very sweet actually. It's like turning a blind eye to your gf who is getting it on with other men behind your back, just because you know she is too hot for you and you're lucky to have her.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The scummers on 13:46 - May 8 with 3529 viewsBecclesITFC

The scummers on 13:29 - May 8 by mccarthy_is_god

It's laughable - They put their finances resting on selling one player in Maddison, now what can they do? How I'd love to see them relegated again.

I'm not going to call it but I would say they are not in a position to return to the PL any time soon. It's a very badly run club IMO.
The scummers on 13:56 - May 8 with 3481 viewsDanFord

The scummers on 13:35 - May 8 by Hipsterectomy

That's very sweet actually. It's like turning a blind eye to your gf who is getting it on with other men behind your back, just because you know she is too hot for you and you're lucky to have her.

Even worse when it's your brother, father and granddad.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

The scummers on 13:56 - May 8 with 3481 viewsmccarthy_is_god

The scummers on 13:46 - May 8 by BecclesITFC

I'm not going to call it but I would say they are not in a position to return to the PL any time soon. It's a very badly run club IMO.

I'd agree, they will need to adjust and I don't see what they have to sort themselves out. Meanwhile given the most minutes to u23 players in the league this season (if I'm correct?). We have some unbelievable talent coming through right now.

The scummers on 14:01 - May 8 with 3467 viewsitfcjoe

I thought this was brilliant from the Renegade Statman

https://renegadestatman.wordpress.com/2017/02/26/norwich-city-1-ipswich-town-1-s

Overall a draw was a fair result and a little bit of history was created. Since Ipswich joined the Football League in 1938 this was the first season that both league matches against the old enemy ended in draws. Ipswich again failed to defend a 1-0 lead after the Derby Dane Jonas Knudsen netted in the 63rd minute for Ipswich.

Norwich fans will point to the number of saves that Bialkowski had to save, but Ipswich were denied a clear penalty in the first-half when David McGoldrick was bundled to the ground. At least both sets of fans can go in to work tomorrow with their heads up.

Norwich fans continue to be obsessed about us. They organised a special minute’s applause in the 15th minute to ‘commemorate’ Ipswich’s 15 consecutive seasons in the second tier of English football. What the Norwich fans didn’t expect was the travelling Ipswich fans taking their chant, amending it a bit and then singing it back to the Norwich fans.

Fifteen years in the Championship, we’re still famous and you’re still……

When I walked down to the ground I spotted a Norwich fan with 9-2 on the back of his shirt, in addition to this a number of grown men in the Barclay End were holding up their (11?) fingers in a 9-2 formation. What is this even about? Whenever have the scores in a season’s league games been added together to make an aggregate score? It’s not like it’s the UEFA Cup Final or anything?

Norwich fans are also confused about the three stars on our badge. BBC Norfolk presenter Rob Butler tweeted:

…congrats to Ipswich for getting a point. Deserves a star.

Well, no Rob, that’s not how it works. A brief history for the Norwich fans:

Star number 1: This is signified by Ipswich winning the First Division title in 1961-62. Ipswich became the first team from East Anglia to achieve this, actually scrub that, the only team from East Anglia to win English football’s highest accolade. I looked at your club programme and the ‘honours’ section shows that you finished 3rd in 1992-93. So it’s a bit like that, but a lot better.

Star number 2: This star is signified by Ipswich’s FA Cup win in 1978. Ipswich beat Arsenal 1-0 to become the first team from East Anglia to win the most famous cup competition in the world. Actually, the only team from East Anglia to lift the trophy. To get a feeling for why we think this is important, think how you felt when Norwich reached the Semi-Finals in 1958-59, 1988-89 or 1991-92. You must have been thrilled to reach the final four, probably similar to how the Wycombe Wanderers’ fans felt when they achieved the same feat in 2000-01. But again, actually winning the trophy is a much, much, better feeling.

Star number 3: Our final star refers to our UEFA Cup winning campaign in 1980-81. In fact that season, we finished second in the league (see ‘Star number 1’ for how you felt about finishing 3rd) and we reached the Semi-Final of the FA Cup (see ‘Star number 2’ to see how you felt about your best FA Cup achievement).

But back to the UEFA Cup. Looking at your programme you too have enjoyed European success. In 1993-94 you achieved the accolade of ‘Participants’. Other participants that season included Union Luxembourg and Dundee United. Do you remember how you felt when Jeremy Goss scored in the second round of the competition? Ecstatic no doubt. Well we felt the same but in an ever increasing level of ecstasy as we progressed all the way to the final and won it.

I hope this has cleared up the confusion for you. We’ve won three significant things and you’ve done quite well in the same competitions. So actually, you should be proud that you matched us over two games this season.

See you next season.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The scummers on 14:04 - May 8 with 3437 viewsitfc1981

The scummers on 13:22 - May 8 by Hipsterectomy

In the Norwich City 'Legends' team to commemorate getting to the third round of the UEFA cup...yes the third round...is their player of the season Lee Croft...who won it the year they were relegated into League 1, one player who averaged 26 games a season for 3 seasons for them and another who once scored against Man Utd

Could they not have found a starting 11 of actual, real important players that they have had?
[Post edited 8 May 2018 13:22]

Hall of Shame

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

The scummers on 14:11 - May 8 with 3412 viewsBecclesITFC

The scummers on 13:56 - May 8 by mccarthy_is_god

I'd agree, they will need to adjust and I don't see what they have to sort themselves out. Meanwhile given the most minutes to u23 players in the league this season (if I'm correct?). We have some unbelievable talent coming through right now.

Yes.... Looking good with the yoof at the moment.

In all honesty, I would settle with finishing roughly the same place as this season but watching a totally different Ipswich. Hopefully with a team with lots of young potential lads improving all the time. They may get beat from time to time but that's progression for me...
The scummers on 14:15 - May 8 with 3379 viewsm14_blue

The scummers on 14:11 - May 8 by BecclesITFC

Yes.... Looking good with the yoof at the moment.

In all honesty, I would settle with finishing roughly the same place as this season but watching a totally different Ipswich. Hopefully with a team with lots of young potential lads improving all the time. They may get beat from time to time but that's progression for me...

And beating Norwich at least once....
The scummers on 14:22 - May 8 with 3347 viewsIllinoisblue

The scummers on 14:01 - May 8 by itfcjoe

I thought this was brilliant from the Renegade Statman

https://renegadestatman.wordpress.com/2017/02/26/norwich-city-1-ipswich-town-1-s

Overall a draw was a fair result and a little bit of history was created. Since Ipswich joined the Football League in 1938 this was the first season that both league matches against the old enemy ended in draws. Ipswich again failed to defend a 1-0 lead after the Derby Dane Jonas Knudsen netted in the 63rd minute for Ipswich.

Norwich fans will point to the number of saves that Bialkowski had to save, but Ipswich were denied a clear penalty in the first-half when David McGoldrick was bundled to the ground. At least both sets of fans can go in to work tomorrow with their heads up.

Norwich fans continue to be obsessed about us. They organised a special minute’s applause in the 15th minute to ‘commemorate’ Ipswich’s 15 consecutive seasons in the second tier of English football. What the Norwich fans didn’t expect was the travelling Ipswich fans taking their chant, amending it a bit and then singing it back to the Norwich fans.

Fifteen years in the Championship, we’re still famous and you’re still……

When I walked down to the ground I spotted a Norwich fan with 9-2 on the back of his shirt, in addition to this a number of grown men in the Barclay End were holding up their (11?) fingers in a 9-2 formation. What is this even about? Whenever have the scores in a season’s league games been added together to make an aggregate score? It’s not like it’s the UEFA Cup Final or anything?

Norwich fans are also confused about the three stars on our badge. BBC Norfolk presenter Rob Butler tweeted:

…congrats to Ipswich for getting a point. Deserves a star.

Well, no Rob, that’s not how it works. A brief history for the Norwich fans:

Star number 1: This is signified by Ipswich winning the First Division title in 1961-62. Ipswich became the first team from East Anglia to achieve this, actually scrub that, the only team from East Anglia to win English football’s highest accolade. I looked at your club programme and the ‘honours’ section shows that you finished 3rd in 1992-93. So it’s a bit like that, but a lot better.

Star number 2: This star is signified by Ipswich’s FA Cup win in 1978. Ipswich beat Arsenal 1-0 to become the first team from East Anglia to win the most famous cup competition in the world. Actually, the only team from East Anglia to lift the trophy. To get a feeling for why we think this is important, think how you felt when Norwich reached the Semi-Finals in 1958-59, 1988-89 or 1991-92. You must have been thrilled to reach the final four, probably similar to how the Wycombe Wanderers’ fans felt when they achieved the same feat in 2000-01. But again, actually winning the trophy is a much, much, better feeling.

Star number 3: Our final star refers to our UEFA Cup winning campaign in 1980-81. In fact that season, we finished second in the league (see ‘Star number 1’ for how you felt about finishing 3rd) and we reached the Semi-Final of the FA Cup (see ‘Star number 2’ to see how you felt about your best FA Cup achievement).

But back to the UEFA Cup. Looking at your programme you too have enjoyed European success. In 1993-94 you achieved the accolade of ‘Participants’. Other participants that season included Union Luxembourg and Dundee United. Do you remember how you felt when Jeremy Goss scored in the second round of the competition? Ecstatic no doubt. Well we felt the same but in an ever increasing level of ecstasy as we progressed all the way to the final and won it.

I hope this has cleared up the confusion for you. We’ve won three significant things and you’ve done quite well in the same competitions. So actually, you should be proud that you matched us over two games this season.

See you next season.

one of statman's finest moments!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The scummers on 14:27 - May 8 with 3331 viewsLankHenners

The scummers on 14:22 - May 8 by Illinoisblue

one of statman's finest moments!

His only one.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The scummers on 14:31 - May 8 with 3296 viewsIllinoisblue

The scummers on 14:27 - May 8 by LankHenners

His only one.

harsh. His On This Day twitter updates are fantastic.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024