Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? 22:23 - May 8 with 1847 viewsMelford

I rung up Baker and Kelly on the old Talk Radio asking for anybody who had gone to the recent international friendly. I'd seen an advert in my student union saying "stewards wanted for england match" and a load of us signed up thinking we would be in yellow jackets showing people to their seats, they waited until we were on the motorway until we were told we weren't stewards, we were working in the burger bars. We didn't get into the ground, let alone see a minute of football. It started off alright and I told my story but it went off in a ten minute odessy about lesbian security guards at his local art gallery with really tight trousers and a bloke who allegedly used to ply his trade outside Wembley called Fingerless Frank's Mystery Tacos.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 22:32 - May 8 with 1828 viewsstantheman

I am, looking forward to it.
Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 23:00 - May 8 with 1802 viewsLord_Lucan

I've gone right off him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 04:04 - May 9 with 1751 viewsIllinoisblue

Would love to; his books are an excellent read.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 10:48 - May 9 with 1676 viewsbracknell_blue

Yes, me and Mrs B_B are going on Thursday. Looking forward to it, his books are hilarious as was the TV show based on his life.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 11:08 - May 9 with 1664 viewschicoazul

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 23:00 - May 8 by Lord_Lucan

I've gone right off him.

I think I know what you mean. He is very much of the establishment nowadays, same thing happened to Ben Elton. His radio show is funny and good but I imagine his live show would be so self-indulgent.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 13:56 - May 9 with 1601 viewsgood_at_COD

I saw him in Colchester a few months back and enjoyed it immensely. He started by saying he would never get as far into his life as he wanted and he was spot-on. Programmes cost a tenner, waste of money. I now believe he was telling the truth when he said the tour was all about topping up his pension pot before he emigrated to the States. We’ll never see his like again.

Giggsy

Anybody else going to see Danny Baker on Thursday? on 15:30 - May 9 with 1568 viewsThrobbe

Was over at the venerable ancestors this weekend and played my dad the bowtie clip after lunch as somehow he'd never heard it.

We were doubled up, crying, while everyone else looked faintly bemused.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024