Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... 09:08 - May 10 with 1067 viewsSuperfrans

...and immediately switching on Twitter / TWTD to see if there is any news??

This is doing my head in...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:10 - May 10 with 1056 viewsKieran_Knows

Given how Evans has said no appointment would be made until end of this month/early June, I haven't really been worrying myself with it.

All eyes on Shrewsbury tonight and Sunday though. IF Hurst is the top target, and they're knocked out come Sunday afternoon, you would imagine we'd make our approach next week and have him appointed within a couple of weeks. EDIT - if Hurst is interested of course.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 9:11]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:14 - May 10 with 1044 viewsitfcjoe

I generally look at phone in morning - if an appointment has been made would guess I will have loads of notifications before even looking at Twitter or TWTD!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:15 - May 10 with 1029 viewsPJH

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:14 - May 10 by itfcjoe

I generally look at phone in morning - if an appointment has been made would guess I will have loads of notifications before even looking at Twitter or TWTD!

You mean Marcus will text you if you have got the job?
Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:25 - May 10 with 994 viewsNo9

As you can't do anything about it why not just relax and let things take their course?
Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:30 - May 10 with 985 viewsSuperfrans

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:25 - May 10 by No9

As you can't do anything about it why not just relax and let things take their course?

Yes.

That's like saying when Freddie Sears scores his first goal in a year why can't you politely clap and say "Well done Freddie"... ;-)

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:59 - May 10 with 934 viewsSuperfrans

Am I the only one who is waking up every morning... on 09:10 - May 10 by Kieran_Knows

Given how Evans has said no appointment would be made until end of this month/early June, I haven't really been worrying myself with it.

All eyes on Shrewsbury tonight and Sunday though. IF Hurst is the top target, and they're knocked out come Sunday afternoon, you would imagine we'd make our approach next week and have him appointed within a couple of weeks. EDIT - if Hurst is interested of course.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 9:11]

Yes, I know rationally that's right. It's just on my mind so much more than I would have expected.

I guess it's natural enough. For fans of lots of other clubs, this is a once, twice, three times a year event. For us, this is only the sixth change in manager in more than 20 years.

We've had 14 permanent managers since the war and, in recent times, appointing Burley took 23 days, appointing Magilton 25 days. But mostly, it has taken a couple of days, maybe a week, two weeks at most.

In contrast, Mick's departure was announced on March 29, 12 days to walking out on April 10, and here we are another 30 days later. 42 days is a long time...

Permanent manager appointments:
1955: Duncan > 1 day > Ramsey
1963: Ramsey > 1 day > Milburn
1964: Milburn > 27 days > McGarry
1968/9: McGarry > 50 days > Robson
1982: Robson > 1 day > Ferguson
1987: Ferguson > 31 days > Duncan
1990: Duncan > 6 days > Lyall
1994: Lyall > 23 days > Burley
2002: Burley > 17 days > Royle
2006: Royle > 25 days > Magilton
2009: Magilton > 1 day > Keane
2011: Keane > 6 days > Jewell
2012: Jewell > 7 days > McCarthy
2018: McCarthy > 12 + 30 days > ????
[Post edited 10 May 2018 10:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024