Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nepal 2018 15:14 - May 10 with 854 viewsKernowBluey

I'm going to Nepal/Tibet for 22 days in July to August. All part of a trekking trip organised by my Explorer Scout unit down here in SE Cornwall. It's taken about 2 years for fundraising (in which about 22-25K) has been fund-raised for it. We get a few days of getting used to the heat and the wet in Kathmandu and Pokhara before we do the trekking, and after too! It's not all about the trekking in the Tibetan mountains however, as we are going to be doing a charity project whilst we're over there to help the villages that have been still devastated by the 2015 Nepal earthquakes. This means, helping the villages with day-to-day work, helping rebuild a school, giving them teaching resources and teaching them the English language too. Not to mention that there is 28 of us with 6 adults.

Not bad for an 18 year old
Nepal 2018 on 16:57 - May 10 with 781 viewsfloridablue

Wish i had these opportunities in my youth... a long time ago! Good luck and enjoy the adventure.
Nepal 2018 on 17:12 - May 10 with 766 viewsSomethingBlue

Did something not dissimilar in Zambia when I was 17. Enjoy it, you'll never forget it. Coming at the age it does it'll probably impact on you forever.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nepal 2018 on 17:14 - May 10 with 761 viewsCrock

Cool story bro

Poll: Favourite number?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024