Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay 13:26 - May 14 with 1517 viewsNo9

Buffon etc. undervalued

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/may/14/gigi-buffon-david-de-gea-k

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 13:34 - May 14 with 1479 viewsJon_456

Interesting regarding the pay.

I feel like it’s similar to the gender pay in which there are many other variables which contribute to the lower pay (on average).

From what I’ve seen most number 1 keepers are level with the rest of a starting 11 in wages. Where the average is affected is the 2nd and third choice keepers who are normally on a lot less because they usually play so little part in a season.
Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:28 - May 14 with 1381 viewsNo9

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 13:34 - May 14 by Jon_456

Interesting regarding the pay.

I feel like it’s similar to the gender pay in which there are many other variables which contribute to the lower pay (on average).

From what I’ve seen most number 1 keepers are level with the rest of a starting 11 in wages. Where the average is affected is the 2nd and third choice keepers who are normally on a lot less because they usually play so little part in a season.

Bart must be worth at least as much if not more than any other ITFC player?
Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:46 - May 14 with 1351 viewslongtimefan

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:28 - May 14 by No9

Bart must be worth at least as much if not more than any other ITFC player?

Except that on his current contract he's on roughly a third of what McGoldrick is!
Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:49 - May 14 with 1346 viewsNo9

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:46 - May 14 by longtimefan

Except that on his current contract he's on roughly a third of what McGoldrick is!

Er, he is worth more than that isn't he?
Most valuable player inthe first team squad - in terms of performance value
Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:49 - May 14 with 1346 viewschristiand

Good keepers earn their sides points during the course of the season and are just as valuable as strikers IMO. Think many get distracted by keepers making spectacular saves and believe they are a top keeper. There are so many more facets to a goalkeeper’s armoury, the top keepers make their job look easy and do it with little fuss.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 17:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:50 - May 14 with 1341 viewsNo9

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:49 - May 14 by christiand

Good keepers earn their sides points during the course of the season and are just as valuable as strikers IMO. Think many get distracted by keepers making spectacular saves and believe they are a top keeper. There are so many more facets to a goalkeeper’s armoury, the top keepers make their job look easy and do it with little fuss.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 17:50]

Although one potential England keeper had a bit of a mare yesterday
Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:51 - May 14 with 1336 viewschristiand

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:50 - May 14 by No9

Although one potential England keeper had a bit of a mare yesterday

All entitled to bad games. I’m sure you have had some when you played No9? I know I have!
[Post edited 14 May 2018 18:09]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 18:24 - May 14 with 1296 viewslongtimefan

Intersting article on Goal Keepers & their pay on 17:49 - May 14 by No9

Er, he is worth more than that isn't he?
Most valuable player inthe first team squad - in terms of performance value

Definitely, and probably reflected in his new deal, if he ever signs it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024