Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, how rude... 14:02 - May 14 with 5323 viewsGodBlue

“But, for me, they are the type of club that have found their level."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-favourite-haining-insists

I'm leaving the McCarthy comment well enough alone!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Well, how rude... on 14:03 - May 14 with 5271 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not wrong. We have currently found our level.

Which is why we would quite like a decent manager. So we can improve. That's how this 'getting better' thing works, right?
[Post edited 14 May 2018 14:03]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well, how rude... on 14:04 - May 14 with 5257 viewshype313

It's true though, look at our wage bill and look at our position.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Well, how rude... on 14:09 - May 14 with 5224 viewsDanFord

Way to distort the meaning of his sentiment. Literally, the second before he says that he says we are a massive, huge club.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Well, how rude... on 14:18 - May 14 with 5183 viewsGavTWTD

I don't really get Scottish football. It's only a matter of time before the celtic/rangers one/two returns, and what are the rest fighting for? With 12 teams in the top league, it must be pretty mind-numbing playing the same small number of teams all the time. You must get to know your opposition very well. The only ambition left presumably is to play/manage for the top two, or to play in England where there's more money. At least in England there's a lot more competition.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Well, how rude... on 14:21 - May 14 with 5162 viewsGodBlue

Well, how rude... on 14:09 - May 14 by DanFord

Way to distort the meaning of his sentiment. Literally, the second before he says that he says we are a massive, huge club.

Not purposefully trying to distort it at all. My initial thought was that a "huge club" (not that I'm saying we are) and a manager who may be looking to take a step up would appear to be a good fit. But I read it as him suggesting that JR couldn't improve us, because we're as far as we're going to go (despite being a big club).

I just found it contradictory, but there you go. Ignore me. :)

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Well, how rude... on 14:23 - May 14 with 5134 viewsBrixtonBlue

He says we sacked Mick McCarthy. He clearly knows nothing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well, how rude... on 14:24 - May 14 with 5135 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, how rude... on 14:18 - May 14 by GavTWTD

I don't really get Scottish football. It's only a matter of time before the celtic/rangers one/two returns, and what are the rest fighting for? With 12 teams in the top league, it must be pretty mind-numbing playing the same small number of teams all the time. You must get to know your opposition very well. The only ambition left presumably is to play/manage for the top two, or to play in England where there's more money. At least in England there's a lot more competition.

I guess it must be a bit like running an ITFC forum. I mean, who are you biggest competition? The comments on the Ipswich Star website?

Do you ever fancy taking a crack at the big time? Running a Manchester City forum or something?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Well, how rude... on 14:26 - May 14 with 5118 viewsITFCBlues

Well, how rude... on 14:04 - May 14 by hype313

It's true though, look at our wage bill and look at our position.

Exactly. We’re actually over achieving in reality

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Well, how rude... on 14:27 - May 14 with 5105 viewshomer_123

I'd say that this is spot on the be fair:

'Are Ipswich going to be a side pushing for promotion? Probably not. They are where they are for a reason and it will be up to Jack to see if it is the right fit for him.'

That encapsulates both us (at the moment) and how Ross will need to view us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Well, how rude... on 14:28 - May 14 with 5099 viewshomer_123

Well, how rude... on 14:03 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

He's not wrong. We have currently found our level.

Which is why we would quite like a decent manager. So we can improve. That's how this 'getting better' thing works, right?
[Post edited 14 May 2018 14:03]

Well, quite.

I wouldn't say we are a 'huge' club either to be honest. We're a medium sized club with a history and legacy many 'huge' clubs would die for.

Well, how rude... on 14:30 - May 14 with 5090 viewsGavTWTD

Well, how rude... on 14:24 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

I guess it must be a bit like running an ITFC forum. I mean, who are you biggest competition? The comments on the Ipswich Star website?

Do you ever fancy taking a crack at the big time? Running a Manchester City forum or something?

I'd like to think we're a little more than a forum. We also run FansNetwork, of course.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Well, how rude... on 14:33 - May 14 with 5059 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, how rude... on 14:30 - May 14 by GavTWTD

I'd like to think we're a little more than a forum. We also run FansNetwork, of course.

Well, bless your heart.

Well, how rude... on 14:36 - May 14 with 5040 viewsSouperJim

What a load of cobblers. We only finished 15 points off the playoffs playing zero ambition football. The idea that there is no way for us to increase our points haul by 25% with a slightly improved approach is nonsense.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Well, how rude... on 14:37 - May 14 with 5035 viewsGeoffSentence

Well, how rude... on 14:24 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

The big prize, for any up and coming young interweb technical editor, is mumsnet.

If Gav keeps on impressing I think he will be in with a shot at it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well, how rude... on 14:38 - May 14 with 5018 viewshomer_123

Well, how rude... on 14:30 - May 14 by GavTWTD

You are right Gav, this is the home of people too lazy to Google sh*t for themselves!? ;)

Well, how rude... on 14:39 - May 14 with 5007 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, how rude... on 14:37 - May 14 by GeoffSentence

The big prize, for any up and coming young interweb technical editor, is mumsnet.

If Gav keeps on impressing I think he will be in with a shot at it.

The speed with which Gav implements updates on here makes an opening at AskJeeves far more likely. The boy has found his level.

Well, how rude... on 14:43 - May 14 with 4984 viewsFrimleyBlue

He does realise the Scottish prem is pretty much the championship

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Well, how rude... on 15:22 - May 14 with 4886 viewsVic

Well, how rude... on 14:21 - May 14 by GodBlue

Not purposefully trying to distort it at all. My initial thought was that a "huge club" (not that I'm saying we are) and a manager who may be looking to take a step up would appear to be a good fit. But I read it as him suggesting that JR couldn't improve us, because we're as far as we're going to go (despite being a big club).

I just found it contradictory, but there you go. Ignore me. :)

That’s how I read it too.

The guy making the comments in the piece obviously assumes that we can go no better. He forgets that we’re at our lowest for 50 years and that this isn’t our level! A club our size should reasonablaby aiming for being in and around the play offs most years with the occasional foray into the prem for a few seasons. Pretty much like Norwich, Stoke, Swansea, WBA, etc.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Well, how rude... on 15:27 - May 14 with 4861 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, how rude... on 14:36 - May 14 by SouperJim

What a load of cobblers. We only finished 15 points off the playoffs playing zero ambition football. The idea that there is no way for us to increase our points haul by 25% with a slightly improved approach is nonsense.

Harsh. But if we don't have an injury crisis in probably the most important area of the pitch (centre midfield) then we can definitely do better.

Also helps having the youngsters one year older and with more than a few gaining huge experience.

Whether a new approach builds on that I don't know. At least the fans should be more positive which will help.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well, how rude... on 16:16 - May 14 with 4708 viewsSlambo

Well, how rude... on 14:18 - May 14 by GavTWTD

It's an absolute myth that there's more competition in the English top flight, a myth perpetuated by Sky and the Premier League in a cynical attempt to curb any zeal to reform the governance, funding and administration of the English game. At the top of the Prem there exists a cartel, a small, tight group of rich clubs who lobby, cajole and simply blackmail other parties (the FA and EFL primarily) into letting them further enrich themselves to - in many cases - the detriment of the rest of English football. Members of this cartel win everything, every year, unless maybe in another generation an outsider flukes the league title a la Leicester. Scotland, England - it's pretty much the same in every European league...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Well, how rude... on 17:41 - May 14 with 4532 viewsHerbivore

Well, how rude... on 15:27 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

Harsh. But if we don't have an injury crisis in probably the most important area of the pitch (centre midfield) then we can definitely do better.

Also helps having the youngsters one year older and with more than a few gaining huge experience.

Whether a new approach builds on that I don't know. At least the fans should be more positive which will help.

I'd assumed he was trolling.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well, how rude... on 18:09 - May 14 with 4465 viewsJohnny_Boy

Well, how rude... on 17:41 - May 14 by Herbivore

I'd assumed he was trolling.

...and you should know all about trolling. Pretending you loved Hoofball for the last 4 years. You little tinker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024