Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) 14:55 - May 15 with 1179 viewsgiant_stow

As a non-user I don’t have a clue about this — is it ok (or even possible) to message all your connections about a training event that you want to flog?

Many thanks for any answers.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 14:57 - May 15 with 1165 viewsSpruceMoose

I've never met a real life spambot before!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 14:58 - May 15 with 1157 viewsgiant_stow

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 14:57 - May 15 by SpruceMoose

I've never met a real life spambot before!

who me?!

I don't want to spam - that's why I'm asking! I take it this isn't on then?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:00 - May 15 with 1147 viewsSpruceMoose

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 14:58 - May 15 by giant_stow

who me?!

I don't want to spam - that's why I'm asking! I take it this isn't on then?

I dunno. I never got many replies to my 'Nigerian Prince' email I sent a while a go though. Mind you, it only takes one sucka, ammmiright!?

Ok, enough joking. I don't actually know. Sorry. I'll pipe down and let a grown up answer you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:03 - May 15 with 1138 viewsgiant_stow

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:00 - May 15 by SpruceMoose

I dunno. I never got many replies to my 'Nigerian Prince' email I sent a while a go though. Mind you, it only takes one sucka, ammmiright!?

Ok, enough joking. I don't actually know. Sorry. I'll pipe down and let a grown up answer you.

" it only takes one sucka" - yeah especially at the price this training will cost!

I also jest. thanks anyway - you've added unease to the venture if no actual facts - I'll tread carefully.

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:08 - May 15 with 1120 viewsfooters

I don't use it personally but wrote exactly the same for our company last week. Apparently it's quite normal to get messages like that on there. Just keep it relatively short (c.200-300 words) with an informal intro, should be fine.

BTW, LinkedIn are so cunning- they've made themselves 'must-have' and when you tell people you're not on there they give you some strange looks! Never stopped me getting a job before though.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:10 - May 15 with 1110 viewsslideaway

I would not message everyone. I would just target who you feel may benefit from the training you are running or simply do a public post and all your connections willl see it and reply accordingly.
LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:15 - May 15 with 1096 viewsgiant_stow

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:10 - May 15 by slideaway

I would not message everyone. I would just target who you feel may benefit from the training you are running or simply do a public post and all your connections willl see it and reply accordingly.

Cheers to you and jreuser22 - genuinely appreciated - I don't want to annoy anyone, but I also need to fill this bleeding course up!

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:19 - May 15 with 1086 viewsJasper

I agree with this, but you may want to consider a series of public posts with slightly different messages, because not everyone will see a single post.
Login to get fewer ads

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:22 - May 15 with 1076 viewsWeirdFishes

I occasionally do this with my work, find you get best results if you personalise the message as most you can and come across as human as possible.

Essentially just try not to look like spam.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 15:22]

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:24 - May 15 with 1051 viewsslideaway

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:19 - May 15 by Jasper

I agree with this, but you may want to consider a series of public posts with slightly different messages, because not everyone will see a single post.

Yes I agree, stuff can easily be missed on the LinkedIn timeline. It would be worth doing a couple a day with varied content as Jasper says.
LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:24 - May 15 with 1050 viewschicoazul

This is good advice.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:26 - May 15 with 1046 viewsgiant_stow

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:19 - May 15 by Jasper

Brilliant tip - thanks!

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:26 - May 15 with 1042 viewsgiant_stow

LinkedIn etiquette question (pretty please) on 15:22 - May 15 by WeirdFishes

I occasionally do this with my work, find you get best results if you personalise the message as most you can and come across as human as possible.

Essentially just try not to look like spam.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 15:22]

Thanks Alex - I will do this

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024