Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North Korea in 'U' turn 11:03 - May 16 with 795 viewsNo9

How will the USA respond and areN Korea actually doing this to buy time to work on their nuke capability?

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/pyongyangs-u-turn-threatens-trump-summit/1
North Korea in 'U' turn on 11:54 - May 16 with 729 viewsLord_Lucan

From the little what I have grasped Kim Jong Wrongun is fearful of a Gadaffi situation whereupon he agrees to this and that and then gets bombed and overthrown.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

North Korea in 'U' turn on 11:57 - May 16 with 716 viewshomer_123

Given their test site has half collapsed (if Chinese reports are to be believed) stalling on meeting Trumpy Wumpy isn't quite going to buy them enough time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

North Korea in 'U' turn on 12:00 - May 16 with 714 viewsStokieBlue

Is anyone actually surprised that NK are doing this? They are off the news at the moment so this puts them right back on the agenda.

I don't think this has anything to do with their nuclear programme though. Some rumours saying that the last bomb was a bit more powerful than they expected (easily done with a hydrogen bomb - the first US one was twice the yield they expected) and actually damaged/collapsed the testing complex meaning they can't test anymore anyway and hence the sudden push for diplomacy from them.

The US has been a bit weird doing military exercises this week when things were all seemingly going well but I suspect after a few days and a bit of moaning from the NK they will still go ahead with the meeting - they have nothing to lose by attending.

Whether they do a complete u-turn over the longer term is anybodies guess - predictability isn't something that's been historically easy with regards to NK.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

North Korea in 'U' turn on 12:08 - May 16 with 698 viewsGuthrum

Negotiating gambit. Pyongyang wants the US-South Korea joint military excercises stopped.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024