Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? 16:20 - May 16 with 1724 viewsBinner

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? http://www.nme.com/news/yanny-laurel-audio-ill

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

http://www.nme.com/news/yanny-laurel-audio-illusion-2315851
[Post edited 16 May 2018 16:21]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:22 - May 16 with 1711 viewsBinner

I'm deffo a Yanny. Can't hear Laurel at all.

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:24 - May 16 with 1697 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Saw this earlier today. I heard Yanny immediately, then after a few more plays I picked out the much deeper Laurel sound.

Aside from obviously being dependent upon how each of us hears different frequencies I suspect something like this is also affected by what sort of device/speaker you hear it on for the first time. A treble-heavy little speaker/earphones is more likely to emphasise the Yanny and a bassy speaker/headphones will bring out the Laurel more.
Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:37 - May 16 with 1656 viewsBinner

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:24 - May 16 by NoCanariesAllowed

Saw this earlier today. I heard Yanny immediately, then after a few more plays I picked out the much deeper Laurel sound.

Aside from obviously being dependent upon how each of us hears different frequencies I suspect something like this is also affected by what sort of device/speaker you hear it on for the first time. A treble-heavy little speaker/earphones is more likely to emphasise the Yanny and a bassy speaker/headphones will bring out the Laurel more.

You're probably right. I've heard it through two small radios and the small speakers in my laptop.

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:41 - May 16 with 1639 viewsstantheman

I heard Yanny the first time it was on and they repeated it less than a minute later and all I heard was Laurel. Very confusing.
Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:46 - May 16 with 1631 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:22 - May 16 by Binner

I'm deffo a Yanny. Can't hear Laurel at all.

This, albeit it sounds like Yammy to me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 19:45 - May 16 with 1532 viewsRyorry

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 16:24 - May 16 by NoCanariesAllowed

The truly weird thing is that on R5l's last play of the morning that I heard - about 11.00am? - I heard first Yanni, then Laurel, then Yanni again - all in that one same clip!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 20:08 - May 16 with 1504 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yarry

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 20:14 - May 16 with 1490 viewsSpruceMoose

Scientifically proven that Yanny hearers are far more likely to be Table mode users. Therefore Yanny hearers are the more sophisticated of the two.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Yanny Or Laurel...Which are you? on 21:31 - May 16 with 1407 viewsgosblue

My missus hears yeary while I can only hear laurel. Same iPhone, same distance. She insists I’m being rediculous for even suggesting laurel. Had to turn it off to prevent a major argument. Lol.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024