Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? 09:32 - May 17 with 10866 viewsPhilTWTD

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:41 - May 17 with 6757 viewswkj

This poll is biased toward Ross... he is represented by blue, though I have no problems with him representing the Blues

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:45 - May 17 with 6733 viewsPhilTWTD

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:41 - May 17 by wkj

This poll is biased toward Ross... he is represented by blue, though I have no problems with him representing the Blues

Ha, that's entirely random, I think. Could have been yellow.
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:47 - May 17 with 6720 viewsRyorry

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:45 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Phew, that could have been curtains, his career here finished before it had even started!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:48 - May 17 with 6708 viewswkj

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:47 - May 17 by Ryorry

Phew, that could have been curtains, his career here finished before it had even started!

I almost reported it as abuse

Crybaby

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:09 - May 17 with 6659 viewsFixed_It

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 09:45 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

It's red on the Latest Poll graphic over there! >>>

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:16 - May 17 with 6638 viewsHerbivore

The forum has been an interesting study in how easily influenced people are. When Burley called for Mogga to be given the job and there were reports he was up there on ME's list there was a huge clamour for him. When Burley said he'd applied then against all logic and reason there were lots on here desperate for him to get the job. Now Ross has emerged as the leading contender and is getting lots of press suddenly he is now the must have manager. I wonder how many have wanted Ross from the start and have remained consistent in that view.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:17 - May 17 with 6612 viewswkj

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:16 - May 17 by Herbivore

The forum has been an interesting study in how easily influenced people are. When Burley called for Mogga to be given the job and there were reports he was up there on ME's list there was a huge clamour for him. When Burley said he'd applied then against all logic and reason there were lots on here desperate for him to get the job. Now Ross has emerged as the leading contender and is getting lots of press suddenly he is now the must have manager. I wonder how many have wanted Ross from the start and have remained consistent in that view.

Not me, I have always wanted John Gregory, but I am sure the clamouring for him is a mix of, taking time to see what he's about + desperate to have someone at the helm ASAP

Crybaby

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:19 - May 17 with 6607 viewstextbackup

i'd never heard of him up to two weeks ago, maybe one post on here about him previous to that. now though, if its not him my "I LOVE JR" tattoo is gonna look silly

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:23 - May 17 with 6582 viewslowhouseblue

it's group think init. you need to get on board the jack ross express. even before I knew he existed I knew he was the man for us.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:23 - May 17 with 6585 viewsRyorry

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:19 - May 17 by textbackup

i'd never heard of him up to two weeks ago, maybe one post on here about him previous to that. now though, if its not him my "I LOVE JR" tattoo is gonna look silly

I'd never heard of him till yesterday!!

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 11:02 - May 17 with 6516 viewsHerbivore

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:23 - May 17 by lowhouseblue

it's group think init. you need to get on board the jack ross express. even before I knew he existed I knew he was the man for us.

I'm a lone wolf, mate. Flying the Paul Hurst flag through thick and thin (though would also be very happy if Ross gets it, love those cardigans).

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 11:16 - May 17 with 6428 viewsNo9

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 11:02 - May 17 by Herbivore

I'm a lone wolf, mate. Flying the Paul Hurst flag through thick and thin (though would also be very happy if Ross gets it, love those cardigans).

What do you know about Paul Hurst that no-one else knows?
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:15 - May 17 with 6371 viewsPaphosBlue

Is this now a two horse race or is it possible that "others" are having second interviews and ME might appoint someone else? I would be happy with JR but still prefer we paid the comp and got Nathan Jones in the building

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:17 - May 17 with 6359 viewsPhilTWTD

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:15 - May 17 by PaphosBlue

Is this now a two horse race or is it possible that "others" are having second interviews and ME might appoint someone else? I would be happy with JR but still prefer we paid the comp and got Nathan Jones in the building

As per news stories, as things stand only two contenders, I believe. Obviously if they both turn it down that could change.
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:22 - May 17 with 6327 viewsHarryfromBath

This is a very fair observation.

I wonder if it because it is such an important decision and one in which we have invested a greater deal of thought and emotion than if, for example, we were signing a new full-back. The emotional investment is further added to by the fact that we don't habitually get rid of managers on a whim.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:23 - May 17 with 6315 viewsPhilTWTD

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 10:23 - May 17 by Ryorry

I'd never heard of him till yesterday!!

To be fair, his name was one of the first in the frame after Mick announced he was moving on.

St Mirren Manager Ross Latest Boss Linked With Town 4th Apr 2018 16:36
St Mirren boss Jack Ross is the latest manager to be mentioned in connection with the Blues’ job which will become vacant when Mick McCarthy departs in the summer. 46

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:37 - May 17 with 6233 viewsbluewein

I love Joe Royal...??

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:38 - May 17 with 6220 viewswkj

Crybaby

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:52 - May 17 with 6170 viewsRyorry

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:23 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, his name was one of the first in the frame after Mick announced he was moving on.

St Mirren Manager Ross Latest Boss Linked With Town 4th Apr 2018 16:36
St Mirren boss Jack Ross is the latest manager to be mentioned in connection with the Blues’ job which will become vacant when Mick McCarthy departs in the summer. 46

OK OK - I 'fess up to my deficiencies in the TWTD news reading dept.

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:07 - May 17 with 6096 viewsHerbivore

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 11:16 - May 17 by No9

What do you know about Paul Hurst that no-one else knows?

Probably not much, but based on what I know I think he is the best candidate overall. Ross also looks an exciting candidate but I think he's more of a risk.

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:09 - May 17 with 6090 viewsDBaldy

You forgot about everyone creaming their pants when Kuqi threw his hat into the ring with that impassioned interview he gave...

From what I know of Ross and Hurst, I'd prefer Ross. Either could be a massive gamble but I think it's a move we have to make at this point. Let's hope it pays off, whoever gets the job.
Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:34 - May 17 with 5989 viewsSuperfrans

To be fair, it isn't a negative for people to adjust their position based on learning new information.

Most people hadn't heard of him, or if they did knew little about him until last week - having watched the video interviews, heard about his record etc, they have backed him. That's not a problem. Also, the other top contender (Hurst) has become less of a favourite as the Shrews have continued through the play-offs and it has dawned on people that he would be unlikely to be here until mid-June, once the play-offs are over, celebrations have died down, we'd have time to interview him once, maybe twice and then do a deal.

Personally, I've always favoured Mowbray (not leaving Blackburn), Warburton (still would be happy with him) and Parker (if we went for an ex-player).

But now it looks as if Ross is the main man, it's great that our fans are happy to get behind the appointment. Great news.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:35 - May 17 with 5982 viewsLord_Lucan

It might be that those who want someone are those to post about it.

Personally I have never wanted Mowbray or Burley, I wanted Kuqi, Gerrard, Jones, Clarke or Lampard.

No one even knew about Ross until the news broke and I have been for him ever since.

Not sure why but I never really wanted Hurst

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:45 - May 17 with 5950 viewsKropotkin123

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 12:17 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

As per news stories, as things stand only two contenders, I believe. Obviously if they both turn it down that could change.

"could change"!? I would hope seeking other contenders would be guaranteed if they both turn it down!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 14:04 - May 17 with 5902 viewsHerbivore

Who would you prefer to be the new Town boss? on 13:34 - May 17 by Superfrans

To be fair, it isn't a negative for people to adjust their position based on learning new information.

Most people hadn't heard of him, or if they did knew little about him until last week - having watched the video interviews, heard about his record etc, they have backed him. That's not a problem. Also, the other top contender (Hurst) has become less of a favourite as the Shrews have continued through the play-offs and it has dawned on people that he would be unlikely to be here until mid-June, once the play-offs are over, celebrations have died down, we'd have time to interview him once, maybe twice and then do a deal.

Personally, I've always favoured Mowbray (not leaving Blackburn), Warburton (still would be happy with him) and Parker (if we went for an ex-player).

But now it looks as if Ross is the main man, it's great that our fans are happy to get behind the appointment. Great news.

I'm not judging, I just find it quite interesting. Ross was linked very early on but the focus at the time was on Mogga and Shefki, then Burley, and now it's Ross's turn. I think there's more to it than people changing their minds based on new info, I think it's that everyone is desperate to get behind someone and when an interesting candidate is linked people are throwing their weight behind it. I think that's a positive thing by the way, and I'd also be behind Ross, I just find it interesting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024