Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This why he's our man 14:33 - May 17 with 1546 viewsgordon

From the internet, so must be true.

source: ( https://andrewjenkin.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/jack-the-lad/)

Nelson Mandela once claimed sport has the power to change the world. Whilst many might claim that sport is the cause of more problems in Scotland than a preventer, few would argue with its’ potential for positive change.

Former Clyde and St Mirren defender Jack Ross is one of those who see’s the game’s popularity as an opportunity to reach the country’s next generation and has taken to a career in writing children’s books to promote positive messages through the nation’s game.

Ross has written a series of books about members of a kid’s team that all go to the same school using their stories and the topic of football as a vehicle for social development.

“Football can play a huge role in communicating positive messages to children” Ross said. “Despite criticism from some, players and the game can be positive role models and no matter your opinion on football, you cannot deny that it has the ability to focus children and deliver important messages to them”.

Ross, who accumulated over 300 league appearances with five clubs, has always been a keen writer and is familiar with writing having attained an MA Honours degree in Economics from Heriot-Watt University whilst still a player. He is currently responsible for Communications at the PFA Scotland and formerly wrote a blog for the BBC but claims he always wanted to write a children’s book.

“I have always harboured ambitions to write a book of some sort and the children’s books are the result of this ambition and hopefully a platform to more future writing opportunities”.

His series kicks off with ‘Alfie and the Adventurous Winger’ which Ross claims is about trying new things. “Alfie is always trying things on the park, that’s his strength. But then he encounters a problem at school when the lunch menu changes from his favourite burger and chips to healthy food. He’s miserable at home but then his parents tell Alfie the reason he’s such a good winger at football is because he will try new things”.

Each book in the series carries a different message which children can relate to which Ross feels is important for children.
“In terms of the message from the books, it is trying to make it clear that the attributes that make you good at football (or indeed) another sport are transferrable and if applied in other areas of a child’s life can help them overcome any problems at school or at home”.

END
This why he's our man on 14:45 - May 17 with 1444 viewsitfcjoe

He seems a really interesting well rounded guy, picking up a Masters, childrens books, head player of the PFA, spokesman for Kick It Out.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This why he's our man on 14:51 - May 17 with 1401 viewsSpruceMoose

This why he's our man on 14:45 - May 17 by itfcjoe

He seems a really interesting well rounded guy, picking up a Masters, childrens books, head player of the PFA, spokesman for Kick It Out.

Kick it Out?! Ooh, the FLA lot won't like that. Unless they misunderstand what the organisation is actually trying to kick out...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This why he's our man on 15:02 - May 17 with 1360 viewsTrumptonBlue

Yep, I think I'm in love with him a bit.
This why he's our man on 16:32 - May 17 with 1208 viewsNo9

A bit of a change from the 'over the moon - sick as a parrot' lot?
This why he's our man on 18:12 - May 17 with 1064 viewsHurleyBurley

This why he's our man on 16:32 - May 17 by No9

A bit of a change from the 'over the moon - sick as a parrot' lot?

I reckon he's still good for footy clichés bingo.

I reckon he'll say our "facilities are second to none" as soon as he signs.
I'll love it if he calls us "a massive club".
And if he says he wants to get us "playing the Ipswich way" again, I won't believe he's real.

Interesting article in the OT. Thanks.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024