Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... 08:26 - May 18 with 2998 viewsSlambo

No-one seems to do it anymore, only the single, brashly erect middle finger, or - even worse - the American middle finger, where the thumb sticks right out and the index and ring fingers are crooked slightly down (google 'Eminem giving the finger')...

Sigh. Give me a good ol' British 'V' any day, thrust defiantly upwards, whilst blowing a robust raspberry. Proper...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 12:54 - May 18 with 2900 viewshoppy

It just shows the sad erosion of our heritage, I'm afraid.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 13:02 - May 18 with 2887 viewsuefacup81

Takes me back to coach trips in my school days...

Flicking the Vs at passing motorists/truckers was seen as good-natured tomfoolery, and almost smiled upon.

Flipping the bird was just obscene.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 13:05 - May 18 with 2877 viewsThrobbe

Lovely stuff.

[/Benters]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 13:06 - May 18 with 2876 viewsJimmyJazz

Always makes me laugh when Homer Simpson gets away with saying W*nker because it means nothing to people in the states. He usually says it when he's impersonating an English person

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 13:22 - May 18 with 2855 viewsTJS

I am not convinced the rude V-sign (palm facing in) has ever been in continuous use.
Churchill seemed to do his victory sign the same way round.
Isn't it alleged to date from English archers showing they hadn't had their arrow drawing fingers cut off by the French.
Then again it's equally as likely something sexual.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 13:24]
A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 14:03 - May 18 with 2825 viewsSlambo

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 13:02 - May 18 by uefacup81

Takes me back to coach trips in my school days...

Flicking the Vs at passing motorists/truckers was seen as good-natured tomfoolery, and almost smiled upon.

Flipping the bird was just obscene.

I'm also a big fan of the double 'V', Vs pointing downwards so they're almost horizontal, hopping lightly from foot to foot going AAAAAAAHHHHH...

UPPA TOWEN!

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 14:33 - May 18 with 2808 viewswkj

I still use the V when driving, nothing calms the rage more than a snap of the wrist and a VUCK YOU to send a boy racer on their way

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 14:45 - May 18 with 2792 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 16:03 - May 18 with 2753 viewsNo9

American TV prog's + films are to blame
A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 20:52 - May 18 with 2679 viewsSlambo

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 14:45 - May 18 by chicoazul

http://www.underground-england.co.uk/news/kes/

UPPA TOWEN!

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 20:53 - May 18 with 2673 viewsSlambo

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 20:52 - May 18 by Slambo

http://www.underground-england.co.uk/news/kes/

F**k's sake, was supposed to be the iconic front cover of Kes. Textbook 'V' that...

UPPA TOWEN!

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 20:54 - May 18 with 2672 viewswkj

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 20:53 - May 18 by Slambo

F**k's sake, was supposed to be the iconic front cover of Kes. Textbook 'V' that...

i got you...

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 20:57 - May 18 with 2666 viewstcblue

A (two fingered salute) to the good ol' 'V'... on 13:22 - May 18 by TJS

I am not convinced the rude V-sign (palm facing in) has ever been in continuous use.
Churchill seemed to do his victory sign the same way round.
Isn't it alleged to date from English archers showing they hadn't had their arrow drawing fingers cut off by the French.
Then again it's equally as likely something sexual.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 13:24]

That's a myth, and you need more than two fingers to draw a longbow anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024