Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extensive Search 08:34 - May 19 with 1739 viewsThijssens_Tash

Has there ever been such an extensive, in depth search for a new manager? It seems like an age since McCarthy left and although Evans said his appointment would come late May/early June, it seems the amount of varying candidates and those who have had second interviews are being really carefully considered.

Very different from the usual panic appointment or having someone already lined up, usually an appointment is made no later than 3 weeks after. I agree completely with ME process though, he has the luxury of time to make sure it’s the right decision.
Extensive Search on 08:37 - May 19 with 1720 viewsvapour_trail

Oops, wrong thread.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 8:37]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Extensive Search on 08:47 - May 19 with 1685 viewsTexaco73

It's good ME is giving this all due process and 'ensuring' he gets the right candidate. However there are no certainties in football and whichever appointment he makes is a gamble.

As long as the new manager fits the ethos/traditions of the club, then I'm sure we will give them time to build on the stabilisation from MM after damage caused by ME's previous bungling in his managerial appointments.
Extensive Search on 08:55 - May 19 with 1663 viewshoppy

Having got some appointments in the past so massively wrong, I’m glad to see it seems as though it’s being more carefully considered, and I’ve been quite impressed with the type of managers that have been seen as part of the process. If it had been a quick appointment needed when Mick left, I would’ve gone for Warburton as available and a good fit, but the likes of Ross or Hurst wouldn’t have been at that point.

So, having gone through this process, we still need to hope the right selection is made at the end of it, but it appears ME has learnt from previous mistakes.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Extensive Search on 09:21 - May 19 with 1620 viewsPendejo

Similarly, has there been a time when so many clubs were looking for a new manager at the same time?
Us, Swansea, Stoke, West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea...

And when Arsenal take the Cowleys Lincoln will be looking for a new gaffer.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 9:29]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Extensive Search on 10:20 - May 19 with 1549 viewsParisBlue

The only thing that surprises me is that we didn't start the search earlier (given it seems that ME decided that MM's time was up).

Or maybe he did...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Extensive Search on 14:14 - May 19 with 1473 viewsNo9

Extensive Search on 10:20 - May 19 by ParisBlue

The only thing that surprises me is that we didn't start the search earlier (given it seems that ME decided that MM's time was up).

Or maybe he did...

Good point.
I am however still concerned at who is whispering in his ear.
Extensive Search on 14:31 - May 19 with 1448 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair, most of Leeds' appointments over the past few years have been a product of a virtually permanent on-going manager search.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024