Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sackings at Ipswich hospital 15:10 - May 19 with 2481 viewsNo9

just heard on the radio that a number of people at Ipswich hospital have been sacked for accessing Ed Sheerans perosnal details without good reason
Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 15:13 - May 19 with 2444 viewsPendejo

Breach of the Data Protection Act

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 15:15 - May 19 with 2430 viewsbontcho

1. Quite right too.

2. Creates some vacancies for Mrs Ross and others.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 15:19 - May 19 with 2427 viewsMattinLondon

Idiots.
Every time you use a NHS smart card your online history is logged and if you view records then you’re open to being challenged.
Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 15:50 - May 19 with 2323 viewsOxford_Blue

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 15:13 - May 19 by Pendejo

Breach of the Data Protection Act

Is it? What provision? Consent is given by patients for hoisitals to access and store their data.

I would imagine it is actually in relation to a branch of the hoisptial’s patient confidentiality policy.
Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 16:31 - May 19 with 2253 viewsPendejo

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 15:50 - May 19 by Oxford_Blue

Is it? What provision? Consent is given by patients for hoisitals to access and store their data.

I would imagine it is actually in relation to a branch of the hoisptial’s patient confidentiality policy.

A person has to have a legitimate need for the data for it to be accessed.

The patient's [implied] consent is given for a hospital to store certain data pertaining to visits, this data may only be accessed by someone with a legitimate need for the information.
The hospital's confidentiality policy, which would form part of an employment contract adds to that which is provided for in the act and would include such things not provided for under the Data Protection Act i.e. overheard conversations that may not form part of formal medical notes.
Thus a transgression under 2 counts.
1. Accessing the data without specific need > Breach DPA
2. Passing on the information to another party > Breach of PP

Hey, I'm no expert, you may well be more versed in law / Statutes etc and I could be completely wrong and you right... but what's a hoisptial?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 17:37 - May 19 with 2136 viewsBlueBadger

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 16:31 - May 19 by Pendejo

The patient's [implied] consent is given for a hospital to store certain data pertaining to visits, this data may only be accessed by someone with a legitimate need for the information.
The hospital's confidentiality policy, which would form part of an employment contract adds to that which is provided for in the act and would include such things not provided for under the Data Protection Act i.e. overheard conversations that may not form part of formal medical notes.

Hey, I'm no expert, you may well be more versed in law / Statutes etc and I could be completely wrong and you right... but what's a hoisptial?

Essentially that^

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 17:38 - May 19 with 2137 viewsBlueBadger

Sounds fair enough to me. That's a gross breach of confidentiality.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 17:51 - May 19 with 2110 viewslongtimefan

Actually one sacking of an admin person and one written warning for a member of medical staff.
Login to get fewer ads

Sackings at Ipswich hospital (n/t) on 17:57 - May 19 with 2100 viewsWD19

Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 16:31 - May 19 by Pendejo

[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:57]
Sackings at Ipswich hospital on 18:15 - May 19 with 2053 viewsbluewein

I was expecting you to blame this on the tories somehow...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024