Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alexis Sanchez 18:54 - May 19 with 4874 viewsgordon

Looks bang average to me. Slow. Paul Pogba not that much better. Anyone else just spot Nani in the crowd cheering on United.
Alexis Sanchez on 19:04 - May 19 with 4829 viewsWD19

Nearly £500k per week and they have been less good since he arrived.
Alexis Sanchez on 19:05 - May 19 with 4822 viewsEly_Blue

Pogba is so overrated it is unreal

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Alexis Sanchez on 19:06 - May 19 with 4814 viewsjas0999

Alexis Sanchez on 19:05 - May 19 by Ely_Blue

Agreed!
Alexis Sanchez on 19:07 - May 19 with 4812 viewsgordon

Martial poor as well. Man U look an awful long way behind Liverpool and Man City.
Alexis Sanchez on 19:11 - May 19 with 4794 viewsBlueNomad

All that money and we get so much more effort from our boys who are “worth” and paid so much less than them
Alexis Sanchez on 21:18 - May 19 with 4661 viewsCoco

What happens when you put a belligerent and pragmatic task master in charge of genuine talent and flair.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Alexis Sanchez on 21:39 - May 19 with 4623 viewslinhdi

Alexis Sanchez on 19:04 - May 19 by WD19

Nearly £500k per week and they have been less good since he arrived.

Yet at his best he completely dominates a game. He destroyed a semi-decent Spurs team in the semi. But he only seems to turn up one game in five? ten? His 5 year contract at nearly 500k a week is making Rooney's deal look like a bargain. ( ManUre will still be paying 200k a week for Rooney all of next season, wherever he ends up playing!).
Alexis Sanchez on 21:45 - May 19 with 4614 viewsitfcjoe

Alexis Sanchez on 21:39 - May 19 by linhdi

Yet at his best he completely dominates a game. He destroyed a semi-decent Spurs team in the semi. But he only seems to turn up one game in five? ten? His 5 year contract at nearly 500k a week is making Rooney's deal look like a bargain. ( ManUre will still be paying 200k a week for Rooney all of next season, wherever he ends up playing!).

Mourinho is going to leave this squad in a hell of a state - full of 30 year old players with 2-3 years left on deals paying £150k+ a year.

They are talking about swapping Martial for WIllian which sums him up - the next guy there sill have a harder job than following Fergi because his hands will be tied so far.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Alexis Sanchez on 00:38 - May 20 with 4493 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Alexis Sanchez on 19:05 - May 19 by Ely_Blue

If argue the opposite - he is so over-criticised he’s become underrated

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Alexis Sanchez on 03:22 - May 20 with 4425 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Skuse would tear him apart.
Alexis Sanchez on 04:51 - May 20 with 4409 viewsJohnny_Boy

Completely bored of seeing Ashley Young throwing his trailing leg to knock into an opposition to win a free kick. Saw it happen more than a dozen times. Surely the referee must have been informed through his ear-piece.
Alexis Sanchez on 07:05 - May 20 with 4363 viewsshoopdelang

Neither really done it for united.

However Sanchez and Pogba are both world class footballers. Sanchez when he played at Barcelona and at arsenal ( in a poor side ) has shown his quality. And Pogba at Juventus was different gear.

There is more to it than them being " bang average "

Perfect example closer to home is Delaney and Mcauley. Average to poor whilst at Ipswich yet when they signed for palace and west from. Both were up there among the best centre backs in the league ( outside the " Big " clubs )
Alexis Sanchez on 07:25 - May 20 with 4340 viewsbrogansnose

Alexis Sanchez on 07:05 - May 20 by shoopdelang

However Sanchez and Pogba are both world class footballers. Sanchez when he played at Barcelona and at arsenal ( in a poor side ) has shown his quality. And Pogba at Juventus was different gear.

Perfect example closer to home is Delaney and Mcauley. Average to poor whilst at Ipswich yet when they signed for palace and west from. Both were up there among the best centre backs in the league ( outside the " Big " clubs )

Both are excellent players but hampered by what's around them and the fact that Mourinho doesn't play to their strengths . In fact , Utd looked like they had no real coherent plan. Plenty of possesion with no idea how to break down Chelsea. It wasn't the worst final I've seen but surely with the talent on that field it could, and should , have been better.
Alexis Sanchez on 08:41 - May 20 with 4255 viewsEly_Blue

Alexis Sanchez on 07:25 - May 20 by brogansnose

Both are excellent players but hampered by what's around them and the fact that Mourinho doesn't play to their strengths . In fact , Utd looked like they had no real coherent plan. Plenty of possesion with no idea how to break down Chelsea. It wasn't the worst final I've seen but surely with the talent on that field it could, and should , have been better.

Sanchez in the United side at least looks like he is trying but cuts a frustrated figure, Pogba on the other hand just looks disinterested most of the time

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Alexis Sanchez on 10:16 - May 20 with 4174 viewsGarv

Alexis Sanchez on 07:05 - May 20 by shoopdelang

Delaney and McAuley average to poor? Seriously?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Alexis Sanchez on 10:29 - May 20 with 4158 viewsHerbivore

Alexis Sanchez on 10:16 - May 20 by Garv

Delaney and McAuley average to poor? Seriously?

That's a fair description for Delaney. McAuley was more average to pretty good.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Alexis Sanchez on 10:35 - May 20 with 4145 viewsGarv

Alexis Sanchez on 10:29 - May 20 by Herbivore

That's a fair description for Delaney. McAuley was more average to pretty good.

I always felt for Delaney, didn't understand why Jewell let him go other than already having a gentleman's agreement in place. 2009/10 with GM next to him he was brilliant, albeit we were a defensive side. I'd say he was more good than he was bad.

Alexis Sanchez on 10:44 - May 20 with 4130 viewsHerbivore

Alexis Sanchez on 10:35 - May 20 by Garv

I always felt for Delaney, didn't understand why Jewell let him go other than already having a gentleman's agreement in place. 2009/10 with GM next to him he was brilliant, albeit we were a defensive side. I'd say he was more good than he was bad.

No chance. I think his time here has been rewritten by some on the basis that he went on to play well in the Prem with Palace. Average to poor is a fair description of his time here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Alexis Sanchez on 12:58 - May 20 with 4062 viewsTIB

They all looked like they were playing with shackles on. Pogba sits so deep and Sanchez just seemed to dither around the pitch with no real purpose or understanding of what his role was. Not sure how healthy Jose will be for Ashford's development too...Ronaldo has been sending him a lot of gifts of late I saw, I wonder if he's trying to sway Rashford to head to Real?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Alexis Sanchez on 13:04 - May 20 with 4053 viewsTractorWood

United want commercially appealing assets like Sanchez and Pogba but want an ultra pragmatic manager with a great record of winning trophies. These two principles aren't aligned and English football is far too competitive to busk through this issue. They've spent the budget of a small country and look pretty average.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Alexis Sanchez on 15:06 - May 20 with 3999 viewsGarv

Alexis Sanchez on 10:44 - May 20 by Herbivore

No chance. I think his time here has been rewritten by some on the basis that he went on to play well in the Prem with Palace. Average to poor is a fair description of his time here.

Afraid I will have to appear 'wise' after the event. What can I say, I liked Damo. Excellent spells alongside GM during the period I mentioned, and again alongside Smith during the second half of 2011/12. He did have noticeable shockers like Peterborough and Norwich...and probably a few more that I can't remember, admittedly. Fair to say his performance depended on his partner at the back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024