Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? 19:32 - May 19 with 12707 viewssparks

Wife bought me some blue moon which I am very partial to. Found it in cans for the first time. As soon as I saw the cans I was concerned. Checked the small print. ...

And sure enough, yet another fine foreign cold beer now being manufactured in Burton on trent in some massive pisswater vat farm.

Ruined. Tastes like a competent but soulless facsimile of the original. Beer for people who want to get drunk in a Wetherspoons rather than fur people who like good beer.

The scorn shown for lager drinkers arises from this awful bland rubbish we are fed by one or two large uk factories (refuse to call them breweries) churning out homogenous slop under the licensed names of decent beers.

So many of these beers we see are now brewed in Burton or Newcastle rather than being the product we think we are getting. It's dishonest. blue moon is supposed to be a craft beer. ...
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:34]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:37 - May 19 with 5090 viewsBackToRussia

It's probably the same stuff, and if not, you're drinking a "craft" beer whose owners are clearly quite happy to just sell, sell, sell - so that's probably your problem. There are a million breweries out there now, try something different.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:40 - May 19 with 5071 viewsDubtractor

On the subject of beer. Just drinking some of this, of which I bought a few of in Hopsters this afternoon.

Very nice indeed.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:40 - May 19 with 5069 viewssparks

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:37 - May 19 by BackToRussia

It's probably the same stuff, and if not, you're drinking a "craft" beer whose owners are clearly quite happy to just sell, sell, sell - so that's probably your problem. There are a million breweries out there now, try something different.

Not the same stuff. That's the point. They take the name and stop importing. Then make a shyte version in Burton on trent. Beer vandals.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:42 - May 19 with 5063 viewsSporall

You think Blue Moon was not mass produced before?!? 😂
Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:42 - May 19 with 5059 viewsTractorWood

I think blue moon has always been owned by Coors. I assume it's brewed in Burton's Coors setup for logistics reasons. If you're wanting an anti establishment beer rant, this is a bad beer to open with.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:44]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:43 - May 19 with 5049 viewsChondzoresk

That’s why I only drink single malt whisky.
I feel much better after reading the OP as to why I don’t drink that nats p**s you call beer.
Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:43 - May 19 with 5047 viewsSpruceMoose

Blue Moon is brewed in the states by Miller Coors. Not exactly craft beer I'm afraid.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:44 - May 19 with 5033 viewssparks

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:42 - May 19 by TractorWood

I think blue moon has always been owned by Coors. I assume it's brewed in Burton's Coors setup for logistics reasons. If you're wanting an anti establishment beer rant, this is a bad beer to open with.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:44]

Not always. Importantly the real stuff is nice. The UK brewed rubbish claiming to be the same and sold without making it clear that it's different, is not.

Login to get fewer ads

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:45 - May 19 with 5030 viewsgordon

Blue Moon was never a Craft Beer, it's always been brewed by Coors.
Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:46 - May 19 with 5023 viewsTractorWood

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:44 - May 19 by sparks

Not always. Importantly the real stuff is nice. The UK brewed rubbish claiming to be the same and sold without making it clear that it's different, is not.

Sorry, I do think you're wrong. 'Originally called Bellyslide Belgian White, the beer was created by Keith Villa, a brewer at the Sandlot Brewery at Coors Field, Denver, Colorado (owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company)'.

Neither has it ever been Belgian. It's Belgian style. Pretty sure it's had multiple legal cases about one misleading the public about being a craft beer (corroborated by you) and two misleading the public that it has anything Belgian about it.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:48]

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:46 - May 19 with 5022 viewsDubtractor

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:43 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

Blue Moon is brewed in the states by Miller Coors. Not exactly craft beer I'm afraid.

Also got some of this today...

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:47 - May 19 with 5017 viewssparks

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:45 - May 19 by gordon

Blue Moon was never a Craft Beer, it's always been brewed by Coors.

Looks like you may be right. But my point stands about the uk brewers dishonest facsimile.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:48 - May 19 with 5009 viewsBackToRussia

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:40 - May 19 by sparks

Not the same stuff. That's the point. They take the name and stop importing. Then make a shyte version in Burton on trent. Beer vandals.

Evidence?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:49 - May 19 with 4996 viewsSpruceMoose

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:47 - May 19 by sparks

Looks like you may be right. But my point stands about the uk brewers dishonest facsimile.

I would have thought that any bottle shop in the land would have a decent Blue Moon-alike brewed in the UK? Or are you lamenting the lack of decent, mass produced stuff in Britain?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:49 - May 19 with 4992 viewssparks

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:48 - May 19 by BackToRussia

Evidence?

The print on the can.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:50 - May 19 with 4989 viewsslump

Try Signature Brew Studio Vienna, not bad for a lager 🍺

UTT

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:51 - May 19 with 4979 viewsBackToRussia

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:49 - May 19 by sparks

The print on the can.

That confirms it's now made in Burton. Does it confirm that they use different ingredients/processes/methods?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:52 - May 19 with 4967 viewsTractorWood

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:49 - May 19 by sparks

The print on the can.

It's brewed under licence from its parent company. Like Heineken, Amstel, Coors Light etc etc. It's standard industry practice for massive beer producers.

To be honest. It's a deeply average beer.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:55]

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:53 - May 19 with 4964 viewsSpruceMoose

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:51 - May 19 by BackToRussia

That confirms it's now made in Burton. Does it confirm that they use different ingredients/processes/methods?

Can confirm. Blue Moon is crap in the US too. It's bowling alley fodder.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:54]

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:55 - May 19 with 4935 viewsBackToRussia

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:53 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

It's just a bad beer, whether it's in a tin or a bottle, made in Derbyshire or Bavaria.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:55 - May 19 with 4933 viewsgordon

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:53 - May 19 by SpruceMoose

Yes, not entirely clear how Blue Moon could be 'ruined'. Maybe a bit like when Roy Keane 'ruined' Lee Martin.
Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:57 - May 19 with 4919 viewssparks

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:52 - May 19 by TractorWood

It's brewed under licence from its parent company. Like Heineken, Amstel, Coors Light etc etc. It's standard industry practice for massive beer producers.

To be honest. It's a deeply average beer.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 19:55]

Precisely. And the British versions are bland piss.

Compare a Belgian stella or a French kronenbourg with the awful stuff we get here.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 20:00 - May 19 with 4890 viewsTractorWood

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:57 - May 19 by sparks

Compare a Belgian stella or a French kronenbourg with the awful stuff we get here.

I've had it in the US and it's still average. Get a proper German Weiss beer brewer under German brewing law.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 20:01 - May 19 with 4886 viewssparks

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:55 - May 19 by BackToRussia

It's just a bad beer, whether it's in a tin or a bottle, made in Derbyshire or Bavaria.

Nope. The original stuff is very pleasant. The british stuff appears to be rotten.

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 20:05 - May 19 with 4857 viewsgordon

Why can't (or won't) British brewers make decent cold beer? on 19:57 - May 19 by sparks

Worth adding to this thread as well that Burton is just about the most significant place in the world history of beer, a fact which is not communicated fully in the phrase 'massive pisswater vat farm'.

The water underneath Burton was/is revered around the brewing world, for some odd reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024