Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph 10:28 - May 21 with 3031 viewsLord_Lucan

When Ross moved from Alloa to the Buddies last October, he had a clause inserted in his contract that meant other clubs would have to pay no more than £20,000 in order to secure his services.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-may-fly-get-snap-jack-ross/

Must admit I'm getting a bit downbeat about the JR situation now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:42 - May 21 with 2921 viewsGodBlue

Yeah, my gut says we're going to miss out, but that's not a criticism of ME. It could just be that JR doesn't fancy it, or Sunderland are offering him a better package/location to work from.

ME will have been made aware of the largely positive fan reaction, so I can't imagine it's entirely in his court. If Evans thinks he's up to it, the delay may not be because we're waiting on Hurst, but because we're waiting on JR.

I personally wouldn't be waiting to speak to Hurst if that is the only issue. Partly because I can't imagine we're alone in being interested in him. So it's not just about whether or not he gets promoted, but also because he may get what he sees as better offers whatever the outcome. But I'm happy to admit that it's mostly because I've been entirely swept up by the Jack Ross bandwagon.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 10:48]

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:47 - May 21 with 2888 viewsBilly_Blue_boy

St Mirren fans are quoting circa £300k release figure for JR, Not sure if he signed a new contract after the Dundee interest though.
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:48 - May 21 with 2877 viewsJ2BLUE

Looking at the betting odds it suggests not much has changed. If anyone had an actual info the odds would have moved dramatically. Instead we see them very stable. To me that suggests that JR is currently #1 choice with Lampard as #2 if anything goes wrong.

Hurst is yet to be interviewed and if i'm right, seems the only one who can prevent JR being offered the job.

We keep hearing lots of BS and rumours but if anyone actually knew JR wasn't coming the odds would shift dramatically.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:50 - May 21 with 2849 viewsArcher4721

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:48 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Looking at the betting odds it suggests not much has changed. If anyone had an actual info the odds would have moved dramatically. Instead we see them very stable. To me that suggests that JR is currently #1 choice with Lampard as #2 if anything goes wrong.

Hurst is yet to be interviewed and if i'm right, seems the only one who can prevent JR being offered the job.

We keep hearing lots of BS and rumours but if anyone actually knew JR wasn't coming the odds would shift dramatically.

He's gone out from 1-8 last week out to 1-2 now.
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:51 - May 21 with 2846 viewsIpswichKnight

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:48 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Indeed,

I'm Sure ME has told JR that we will be looking to make the appointment after next weekend, if JR gets another offer maybe then ME will look again. Until we have interviewed Hurst nothing is going to happen.
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:55 - May 21 with 2815 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:50 - May 21 by Archer4721

He's gone out from 1-8 last week out to 1-2 now.

He wasn never 1/8 with the likes of Sky. He was 1/3 with them. Now 4/9.

Truly impaired.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:57 - May 21 with 2787 viewsNo9

"Must admit I'm getting a bit downbeat about the JR situation now."

You shouldn't let it get to you, it is Mr Evans money & Mr Evans choice.
It would be nice if we could have any influence - we can't can we?
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:02 - May 21 with 2753 viewsArcher4721

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:55 - May 21 by J2BLUE

He wasn never 1/8 with the likes of Sky. He was 1/3 with them. Now 4/9.

He was with VC.
Login to get fewer ads

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:03 - May 21 with 2741 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:02 - May 21 by Archer4721

He was with VC.

He's 1/3 with them now. Not exactly a massive drift. Still think my theory is right.

Truly impaired.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:08 - May 21 with 2702 viewsArcher4721

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:03 - May 21 by J2BLUE

He's 1/3 with them now. Not exactly a massive drift. Still think my theory is right.

Mmmm. Not a massive drift?

What's your theory?
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:11 - May 21 with 2687 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:08 - May 21 by Archer4721

Mmmm. Not a massive drift?

What's your theory?

We know how the betting works. He's drifted a bit because there has been money for Hurst and Lampard. It would still suggest that JR is currently in pole position with only Hurst potentially taking the job from him with Lampard as a back up choice.

Truly impaired.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:14 - May 21 with 2671 viewsArcher4721

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:11 - May 21 by J2BLUE

We know how the betting works. He's drifted a bit because there has been money for Hurst and Lampard. It would still suggest that JR is currently in pole position with only Hurst potentially taking the job from him with Lampard as a back up choice.

But Ross is talking to other clubs, so obviously one of the two parties involved isn't totally convinced.

I think it will be Lampard or Sherwood btw and I had a small flutter on Ross a month ago at 33-1.
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:17 - May 21 with 2654 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:14 - May 21 by Archer4721

But Ross is talking to other clubs, so obviously one of the two parties involved isn't totally convinced.

I think it will be Lampard or Sherwood btw and I had a small flutter on Ross a month ago at 33-1.

Nothing wrong with him hedging his bets if he is talking to other clubs. People don't generally turn down interviews because they've had one somewhere else.

Truly impaired.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:47 - May 21 with 2525 viewsGodBlue

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:14 - May 21 by Archer4721

Good work. I have Hurst at 33/1... but my gut still wants Ross.

Also have Arteta at 33s for Arsenal, so I've got my fingers firmly crossed this week.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:57 - May 21 with 2480 viewsLord_Lucan

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 10:57 - May 21 by No9

"Must admit I'm getting a bit downbeat about the JR situation now."

You shouldn't let it get to you, it is Mr Evans money & Mr Evans choice.
It would be nice if we could have any influence - we can't can we?

Of course not but I'm impulsive by nature and I get agitated when things draw on too long.

I'm also agitated as I haven't got the whole angle on the situation although it does all seem to point to Hurst being the delay.

I just get the feeling that by holding out we might end up with original choice number 3 or 4.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:59 - May 21 with 2461 viewschicoazul

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:11 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Surely betting and odds basically doesnt tell us anything at all? I have no idea really.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:04 - May 21 with 2427 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 11:59 - May 21 by chicoazul

Surely betting and odds basically doesnt tell us anything at all? I have no idea really.

Usually I would agree and at the start of a market someone going from 12/1 to 6/1 is meaningless. From my experience though they usually end up being more reliable at the back end of the process. Obviously it's purely weight of money but if anyone truly knew anything about missing out on Ross or Lampard getting the job the odds would have changed dramatically but they only really seem to suggest that JR is #1 choice, Lampard is a back up (hasn't been backed in by people in the knew but they've had a 'saver' bet on him) and Hurst is the last to be interviewed.

Could be wrong but that's how I see it at the moment.

Truly impaired.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:16 - May 21 with 2374 viewschicoazul

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:04 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Usually I would agree and at the start of a market someone going from 12/1 to 6/1 is meaningless. From my experience though they usually end up being more reliable at the back end of the process. Obviously it's purely weight of money but if anyone truly knew anything about missing out on Ross or Lampard getting the job the odds would have changed dramatically but they only really seem to suggest that JR is #1 choice, Lampard is a back up (hasn't been backed in by people in the knew but they've had a 'saver' bet on him) and Hurst is the last to be interviewed.

Interesting answer thanks, as you can no doubt tell I know nothing about how all this works. Surely if someone at a bookie *knew* Lampard for instance was being appointed they would immediately race to a different bookie and put 10k on him to get it?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:27 - May 21 with 2324 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:16 - May 21 by chicoazul

Interesting answer thanks, as you can no doubt tell I know nothing about how all this works. Surely if someone at a bookie *knew* Lampard for instance was being appointed they would immediately race to a different bookie and put 10k on him to get it?

The bookies wouldn't know. People connected to the club could possibly know though and the fact the odds haven't shifted much seems to suggest Ross is still #1 choice.

People are getting stressed over missing out on Ross. I would imagine ME told him at the start of the process that there were candidates involved in the play offs that he would want to talk to so it wouldn't be done until the end of the month.

Obviously this is all educated guesswork. Ignore all of the def info posts and watching the betting markets. If they move in line with someone's def info it should be taken more seriously. People claiming Lampard is nailed on etc while he's still 7/1 should be ignored.

Truly impaired.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:31 - May 21 with 2290 viewsArcher4721

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:04 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Yes but the people you mention are also being courted by other clubs without managers with far better budgets than us. We have plenty of competition.
According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:31 - May 21 with 2287 viewschicoazul

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:27 - May 21 by J2BLUE

The bookies wouldn't know. People connected to the club could possibly know though and the fact the odds haven't shifted much seems to suggest Ross is still #1 choice.

People are getting stressed over missing out on Ross. I would imagine ME told him at the start of the process that there were candidates involved in the play offs that he would want to talk to so it wouldn't be done until the end of the month.

Obviously this is all educated guesswork. Ignore all of the def info posts and watching the betting markets. If they move in line with someone's def info it should be taken more seriously. People claiming Lampard is nailed on etc while he's still 7/1 should be ignored.

As long as it isnt A**ardyce, Pardew or Moyes then i'm happy.

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:34 - May 21 with 2264 viewsJ2BLUE

According to The Dundee Evening Telegraph on 12:31 - May 21 by Archer4721

Yes but the people you mention are also being courted by other clubs without managers with far better budgets than us. We have plenty of competition.

I'm not sure we do. Other clubs seem to be looking in different areas. The Sunderland JR link is a lot more vague than it was when our approach was leaked. If the three man shortlist idea is correct then I reckon ME is confident that he'll have a choice of at least two of them.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024