Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Phil... 20:11 - May 21 with 4926 viewsMickMacTerry

May I ask what the latest is regarding Ross/Hurst/general waiting game from your interpretation/knowledge?

Poll: Keep Mick or a loss at Norwich?

FAO Phil... on 20:15 - May 21 with 4074 viewsfooters

I'm not Phil but do have a def info source:

"Just heard from a good friend with inside knowledge that Ross has agreed a 3 year deal with option for a further year in principle.

Meetings this week are to tie up backroom staff contracts from St Mirren who will be joining him at ITFC.

If all goes to plan, announcement expected by [last] weekend."

Happy to help.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

FAO Phil... on 20:15 - May 21 with 4064 viewsJ2BLUE

Why don't you tell us? Oh wait, your 'def info' was complete sh1te, yet again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

FAO Phil... on 20:18 - May 21 with 4012 viewsSpruceMoose

Wow man, this is a tough crowd in here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FAO Phil... on 20:24 - May 21 with 3949 viewsfooters

FAO Phil... on 20:18 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Wow man, this is a tough crowd in here.

'Def infos' are gateway posts into more serious, destructive behaviours, such as not understanding how tax-offsetting works and organising protests.

#notevenonce

FAO Phil... on 20:25 - May 21 with 3919 viewsSpruceMoose

FAO Phil... on 20:24 - May 21 by footers

'Def infos' are gateway posts into more serious, destructive behaviours, such as not understanding how tax-offsetting works and organising protests.

#notevenonce

Seems like 12th_man doesn't like me commenting on any threads other than his own. Downvotes all over the shop!

Getting a little possessive, 12thy!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FAO Phil... on 20:27 - May 21 with 3899 viewsfooters

FAO Phil... on 20:25 - May 21 by SpruceMoose

Seems like 12th_man doesn't like me commenting on any threads other than his own. Downvotes all over the shop!

Getting a little possessive, 12thy!

12th_Man is a big, cuddly down-voting, tweeting teddy bear and I wish him all the best.

FAO Phil... on 20:41 - May 21 with 3832 viewsPhilTWTD

Ross is still the leading contender from what I've been told and they clearly want to talk to Hurst. Lampard gave a good account of himself, I believe but still get the impression the other two are ahead of him.
FAO Phil... on 20:44 - May 21 with 3753 viewsMullet

FAO Phil... on 20:41 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Ross is still the leading contender from what I've been told and they clearly want to talk to Hurst. Lampard gave a good account of himself, I believe but still get the impression the other two are ahead of him.

Can you wait outside the gates in a hi-viz and just shoo Lampard away or something? Not over Dunwich cliffs or anything, just onto the A14 will do.

Will also give you a mega scoop too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Phil... on 20:44 - May 21 with 3752 viewsPeekFreans

FAO Phil... on 20:24 - May 21 by footers

#notevenonce

Is that def info?

still top two finish
Poll: Are you employed?

FAO Phil... on 20:55 - May 21 with 3661 viewsSporall

FAO Phil... on 20:41 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Genuine question - how do you know this?
FAO Phil... on 20:56 - May 21 with 3633 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil... on 20:55 - May 21 by Sporall

People tell me!
FAO Phil... on 20:58 - May 21 with 3595 viewsPJH

FAO Phil... on 20:56 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

People tell me!

Def info then.
FAO Phil... on 20:58 - May 21 with 3600 viewsSuperfrans

People tell me!

But no suggestion they will rush to appoint Ross if he gets offered something by Sunderland?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

FAO Phil... on 20:59 - May 21 with 3603 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil... on 20:58 - May 21 by Superfrans

But no suggestion they will rush to appoint Ross if he gets offered something by Sunderland?

If there is interest from Sunderland - and I'm not entirely convinced by those reports - then I'm sure Ross will want to weigh up all options rather than allowing himself to be railroaded by one.
FAO Phil... on 21:00 - May 21 with 3574 viewsBryanPlug

FAO Phil... on 20:55 - May 21 by Sporall

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

FAO Phil... on 21:02 - May 21 with 3550 viewsfooters

FAO Phil... on 20:59 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

If there is interest from Sunderland - and I'm not entirely convinced by those reports - then I'm sure Ross will want to weigh up all options rather than allowing himself to be railroaded by one.

So, in fact, Sunderland speculation may be useful to us as it would free up a bit of thinking time, allowing us to speak with Hurst as well? Seems like it might come down to a really close call either way.

FAO Phil... on 21:03 - May 21 with 3516 viewsfooters

FAO Phil... on 20:44 - May 21 by PeekFreans

Is that def info?

I'll have it confirmed by my agent at Copdock Tesco and get back to you.

FAO Phil... on 21:04 - May 21 with 3516 viewsSporall

People tell me!

Cheeky fook
FAO Phil... on 21:04 - May 21 with 3518 viewsITFCBlues

FAO Phil... on 20:59 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Exactly what I said this morning. Seems odd that we’re dithering abit waiting for Burst and then these reports of a new contract and Sunderland appear. I suspect this is his agent perhaps wanting to force our hand somewhat.

Surely by the end of next week something needs to be decided though?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

FAO Phil... on 21:06 - May 21 with 3487 viewsJ2BLUE

People tell me!

You've been reading the J2 Theory.

You're welcome. Anything else you need to know?

Truly impaired.

FAO Phil... on 21:27 - May 21 with 3335 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil... on 21:04 - May 21 by ITFCBlues

Exactly what I said this morning. Seems odd that we’re dithering abit waiting for Burst and then these reports of a new contract and Sunderland appear. I suspect this is his agent perhaps wanting to force our hand somewhat.

Surely by the end of next week something needs to be decided though?

Think the contract thing is no surprise, St Mirren did the same thing last summer when there was the Dundee interest and there was talk of the same when there were the Barnsley talks as well.

End of next week fits in with ME's timescale, so wouldn't be surprised if all became clearer then.
FAO Phil... on 21:36 - May 21 with 3243 viewsSuperfrans

FAO Phil... on 21:27 - May 21 by PhilTWTD

Think the contract thing is no surprise, St Mirren did the same thing last summer when there was the Dundee interest and there was talk of the same when there were the Barnsley talks as well.

End of next week fits in with ME's timescale, so wouldn't be surprised if all became clearer then.

If we do end up waiting until the end of next week, it would also suggest that Evans has been waiting for Hurst all along - which must surely mean he is the favoured candidate and that Evans has always known he’ll still be interested, even if the Shrews get promoted. That said, I do find myself weirdly hoping they get beaten at Wembley, just to put the balls firmly into our court.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

FAO Phil... on 21:41 - May 21 with 3194 viewsJ2BLUE

FAO Phil... on 21:36 - May 21 by Superfrans

If we do end up waiting until the end of next week, it would also suggest that Evans has been waiting for Hurst all along - which must surely mean he is the favoured candidate and that Evans has always known he’ll still be interested, even if the Shrews get promoted. That said, I do find myself weirdly hoping they get beaten at Wembley, just to put the balls firmly into our court.

If he made a shortlist which included Hurst and made it clear to all candidates that he would be waiting until the end of the month to make his decision there's no reason to think Hurst is first choice. PR looks first choice right now with Hurst still having his interview to go.

Truly impaired.

FAO Phil... on 21:47 - May 21 with 3170 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil... on 21:36 - May 21 by Superfrans

I think Hurst has always been a very leading contender if not the number one target. I'm not sure it makes much difference whether Shrews go up or not as we're at the top of the Paul Hurst market, so to speak. Shrewsbury are really going to struggle in the Championship - I think their wage bill last year was a fifth of ours, which in turn is a third of the likes of Villa - so he might not be in as good a position to step up to a bigger club again.
FAO Phil... on 21:48 - May 21 with 3146 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil... on 21:02 - May 21 by footers

So, in fact, Sunderland speculation may be useful to us as it would free up a bit of thinking time, allowing us to speak with Hurst as well? Seems like it might come down to a really close call either way.

I don't think anyone's going to be rushing into any decisions, certainly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024