Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open letter to Marcus Evans 06:45 - May 22 with 20874 viewsitfcitk

Dear Marcus,

Ipswich town football club, is more than just a football club. It’s a family and offers a sense of belonging to many fans. It supports many local businesses and has been a club our small town has been proud of for many years.

I appreciate you own our club and personally I’m grateful for your investment when it looked as if we might have gone in bankruptcy. However this is not a square on your monopoly board. If you continue to run Ipswich the way you do it is very much a possibility we will go the way of Blackpool and Coventry.

Again I appreciate it’s your money and if you do not see value in the club I would kindly ask you to sell. Ipswich sliding into league 1 or 2 would not only be disastrous for the club but also the local economy.

Ipswich town football club is not your cash cow, so invest stop trying to bring in a manager on the cheap. Offer wages comparable to the other clubs in the division. If you do not want to invest sell up.
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:09 - May 22 with 2908 viewsdirtyboy

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 08:26 - May 22 by itfcitk

I previously worked at the club and know Evans keeps tract of TWTD

You know the square root of f**k all by the sounds of things.
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:15 - May 22 with 2902 viewswkj

Another fresh account talking silly... how was your legends charity match for appearing in Europe? Must have been boring to have prepped this post with minimal errors, what with your sixth finger getting in the way and all.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 9:15]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:31 - May 22 with 2863 viewshoppy

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 08:30 - May 22 by WD19

I bet some of what he read really stuck in the throat.

Are you meaning J2’s culinary offerings?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:35 - May 22 with 2847 viewsjpring89

Bit of a pointless letter to be honest.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:35 - May 22 with 2855 viewsGuthrum

What a load of rubbish. There are no similarities whatsoever with the asset stripping at Blackpool or Coventry (where they lost their ground for a time).

There is no evidence that Evans does skimp on the Manager's wages. Nobody has suggested that McCarthy was under-rewarded.

ITFC has been a net drain on MEG, it is far from being a 'cash cow'. More like a fat hog gobbling up money.

Finally, while I would regard Ipswich slipping down the divisions as a footballing disaster, I doubt it would significantly damage the town's economy. Besides which, getting relegated from the Championship is by no means a foregone conclusion, so long as sensible decisions are made.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:40 - May 22 with 2841 viewsartsbossbeard

Where you around when Town went into administration?

I'm not sure the local businesses getting paid 5p in the £1 on outstanding debts would've made them feel particularly proud of their association.

Posts like these always seem to intimate that there's a queue of potential buyers simply waiting for ME to say "that's it, I've had enough someone else take over" and a new owner will be selected via a game of eenie meanie miny mo.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:43 - May 22 with 2826 viewsHerbivore

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:40 - May 22 by artsbossbeard

Where you around when Town went into administration?

I'm not sure the local businesses getting paid 5p in the £1 on outstanding debts would've made them feel particularly proud of their association.

Posts like these always seem to intimate that there's a queue of potential buyers simply waiting for ME to say "that's it, I've had enough someone else take over" and a new owner will be selected via a game of eenie meanie miny mo.

ME made it pretty clear in his interview that the club is up for sale to the right buyer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:44 - May 22 with 2819 viewsButterbing

"cash cow
nouninformal
a business, investment, or product that provides a steady income or profit."

Don't think so mate.
Login to get fewer ads

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:45 - May 22 with 2814 viewsartsbossbeard

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:43 - May 22 by Herbivore

ME made it pretty clear in his interview that the club is up for sale to the right buyer.

Yes indeed. It was available as far back as the summer of 2016 with no takers.

It's the insinuation that ME is fighting off new owners with a sh1tty stick that infuriates.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:46 - May 22 with 2811 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its really more of an open note than a letter

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:46 - May 22 with 2812 viewsGuthrum

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:43 - May 22 by Herbivore

I didn't get the impression Evans was in a vast hurry to sell, more that if a very good deal (for both club and himself) came along, he would accept. But not otherwise.

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 09:48 - May 22 with 2803 viewsSwansea_Blue

Let's have a whip round. I've turned out my pockets and have £2.38 and a slightly mouldy mint humbug.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:17 - May 22 with 2759 viewsPhilTWTD

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 07:46 - May 22 by itfcitk

What happened to the Mings & Murphy money?

Wages!
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:21 - May 22 with 2740 viewsPhilTWTD

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 07:43 - May 22 by itfcitk

Me owns the debt, he charges the club 5% interest.

No interest on any of ME's loans since July 2013, makes no sense in an FFP world where there's a limit to losses and there were other accountancy reasons relating to intra-group loans. Anyway, interest on loans prior to that was essentially a paper exercise with no money ever taken out, it was just added to the overall debt which is never going to be repaid.
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:22 - May 22 with 2745 viewschicoazul

Lads FWIW I heard from a football journo who is a mate of mine from way back that Lampard was indeed offered the job and split his sides laughing at the offer, apparently he would make more money from selling kids books and appearing on MOTD than he would if he took the offer Ipswich made him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:28 - May 22 with 2726 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where's the evidence ME is trying to bring a manager in on the cheap? Why would he, or said manager, tell *you* what the offer is?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:47 - May 22 with 2702 viewsitfcitk

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:22 - May 22 by chicoazul

Lads FWIW I heard from a football journo who is a mate of mine from way back that Lampard was indeed offered the job and split his sides laughing at the offer, apparently he would make more money from selling kids books and appearing on MOTD than he would if he took the offer Ipswich made him.

Lampard was offered less than 50% of MM's contract.
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:50 - May 22 with 2696 viewshype313

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:47 - May 22 by itfcitk

Which is about right, even generous, what has Lampard done in Management to warrant him earning what Mick did?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:50 - May 22 with 2699 viewsartsbossbeard

First time appointment, foot on the managerial ladder with a supportive owner.

I'm calling this a fair offer.

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:03 - May 22 with 2674 viewsGuthrum

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:22 - May 22 by chicoazul

It probably is easier to trade off his name as a player, rather than having to make one in management. But he can't reasonably expect to walk into a top-whack coaching job merely on the strength of the former. It's an new career start, not a continuation. He's just pricing himself out of the market.

ITFC needs an effective manager, the nane recognition aspect is pretty much irrelevant.

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:06 - May 22 with 2665 viewschicoazul

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 10:50 - May 22 by artsbossbeard

First time appointment, foot on the managerial ladder with a supportive owner.

I'm calling this a fair offer.

I agree. And Lampard is *already* massively rich.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:08 - May 22 with 2663 viewsHerbivore

I'd say £10k a week for a total novice with no management experience is a very generous offer. If he doesn't want to take it he can do one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:55 - May 22 with 2630 viewsitfcitk

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:08 - May 22 by Herbivore

I'd say £10k a week for a total novice with no management experience is a very generous offer. If he doesn't want to take it he can do one.

Significantly lower than £10k per week.
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:59 - May 22 with 2617 viewssolemio

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 08:26 - May 22 by itfcitk

I previously worked at the club and know Evans keeps tract of TWTD

Tract? Track

A tract is something rather different. On line dictionaries are available; dictionaries even available as papery book things.
Open letter to Marcus Evans on 12:01 - May 22 with 2610 viewsBrixtonBlue

Open letter to Marcus Evans on 11:55 - May 22 by itfcitk

Significantly lower than £10k per week.

How do you know this?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024