Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? 14:06 - May 22 with 8059 viewsBanburyBlue

If not is it possible to ask someone who might know?
I'm sure there are enough of us on here who could at least paint the lower part of the ground if ME paid for the paint??
The high stuff is a different cup of tea but surely there must be some sort of plan? Is there a stadium manager?

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:07 - May 22 with 5545 viewswkj

There is probable come health and safety clause stating a full risk assessment has to be done for each person to make sure they dont drink the paint as part of an internet challenge
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:08]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:07 - May 22 with 5540 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

about time this matter was addressed. Disgrace really how a championship club can have such a grubby stadium. especially SBR stand, that roof looks like a load of badgers have had a p*ss up on it.

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:07 - May 22 with 5534 viewsSpruceMoose

Maybe that's where Benters has got to...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:08 - May 22 with 5532 viewswkj

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:07 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Maybe that's where Benters has got to...

Who?

Crybaby

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:09 - May 22 with 5522 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:08 - May 22 by wkj

Who?

Derby fan, used to hang around here? Remember?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:10 - May 22 with 5517 viewswkj

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:09 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

Derby fan, used to hang around here? Remember?

Doesn't ring a bell. End of

Crybaby

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:11 - May 22 with 5503 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:10 - May 22 by wkj

Doesn't ring a bell. End of

You're cold. You fill a man's butts for him and then you ghost him.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:12]

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:13 - May 22 with 5481 viewswkj

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:11 - May 22 by SpruceMoose

You're cold. You fill a man's butts for him and then you ghost him.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:12]

the only man's butts I plan on filling is Charlie Dimmock's

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:14 - May 22 with 5470 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:13 - May 22 by wkj

the only man's butts I plan on filling is Charlie Dimmock's

Good luck getting her butt bra off. That thing is welded on.

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:15 - May 22 with 5468 viewshomer_123

Why paint something that is going to fall down?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:16 - May 22 with 5456 viewshype313

It's all part of the grand plan, to make the place look as rough and as intimidating as possible, to make the opposition feel uncomfortable.

Not quite worked out as well as hoped so far....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:17 - May 22 with 5450 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:07 - May 22 by SimonCleggsNeck

about time this matter was addressed. Disgrace really how a championship club can have such a grubby stadium. especially SBR stand, that roof looks like a load of badgers have had a p*ss up on it.

Maybe the dirt is holding it together.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:20 - May 22 with 5436 viewsSpruceMoose

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:07 - May 22 by SimonCleggsNeck

Have you been to other grounds in the Championship?

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:22 - May 22 with 5426 viewsIllinoisblue

wasn't it after the Boro game that someone tweeted a pic of plants growing out of the top of the Churchamns roof? Absolute disgrace. These things matter.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:33 - May 22 with 5378 viewscarlisleaway

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:22 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

wasn't it after the Boro game that someone tweeted a pic of plants growing out of the top of the Churchamns roof? Absolute disgrace. These things matter.

Agree, although H&S comes into it I would be prepared to pit a few unpaid hours to make the stadium look good and sure a work party could be organised by Clegg !!
Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:40 - May 22 with 5346 viewsJ2BLUE

Paid for the paint? Bloody hell. You'd probably want a cup of tea as well wouldn't you?

#moononastick

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:47 - May 22 with 5321 viewsMoulton

ME is the tenant and, as I remember, had a long standing dispute with the landlord concerning rent, which resulted in ITFC paying substantially more per annum.
The landlord as we all know is Suffolk County Council.
If there is a maintenance problem in rented properties the landlord is usually responsible.
We do not know the terms of this agreement but I feel ME will do the minimum repairs because he feels SCC should contribute.
In the meantime pressure should be put on SCC as everyone agrees the stadium is an eyesore and disgrace.
Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 15:01 - May 22 with 5285 viewshanoverblue

The old North stand look very shaddy in its day but no one worried about it in them days
Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 15:05 - May 22 with 5271 viewsPhilTWTD

Not heard anything on plans re stadium work over the summer, which isn't to say some aren't planned. Will ask when I talk to someone who would know. As per previous threads on this, is a fairly expensive business doing stuff on the top of the stands and, as we know, they try to hold off on that sort of expenditure for as long as they can.
Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 15:08 - May 22 with 5243 viewsjaykay

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 15:01 - May 22 by hanoverblue

The old North stand look very shaddy in its day but no one worried about it in them days

right until the middle 90s no one was looking at stands and roofs. there was to much going on the pitch to notice other things.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 16:07 - May 22 with 5104 viewsSouperJim

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 15:05 - May 22 by PhilTWTD

Not heard anything on plans re stadium work over the summer, which isn't to say some aren't planned. Will ask when I talk to someone who would know. As per previous threads on this, is a fairly expensive business doing stuff on the top of the stands and, as we know, they try to hold off on that sort of expenditure for as long as they can.

Surely a tin of white spirit and a rag to clean all the parcel tape residue off the side of the stand by section 6 of the lower north wouldn't cost that much? It's been there 3 years iirc, since the yoof stuck a banner up.

New tarpaulins to replace the filthy ones at the back of the stand £20 a pop?

Tin of paint to re-do the roof where it's all peeled away.

Clearly there is no interest in doing a basic clean-up, let alone anything more ambitious. The fact that we still have a broken, second hand PA system in the lower north which isn't turned on is another matter entirely. I've not been able to hear a word Rob Chandler has said for years.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 16:26 - May 22 with 4995 viewsSteve_M

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 15:08 - May 22 by jaykay

right until the middle 90s no one was looking at stands and roofs. there was to much going on the pitch to notice other things.

Not quite true, one of the things Sheepshanks did when he took over was to spend money on some basic improvements to the ground - new toilets, probably some painting. All fitted the image of a club moving in the right direction.

The last time the ground looked this neglected was in the late 80s.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 16:38 - May 22 with 4959 viewsClapham_Junction

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:47 - May 22 by Moulton

ME is the tenant and, as I remember, had a long standing dispute with the landlord concerning rent, which resulted in ITFC paying substantially more per annum.
If there is a maintenance problem in rented properties the landlord is usually responsible.
We do not know the terms of this agreement but I feel ME will do the minimum repairs because he feels SCC should contribute.
In the meantime pressure should be put on SCC as everyone agrees the stadium is an eyesore and disgrace.

It's actually Ipswich Borough Council, not the county council.

And the council only own the land; all the buildings (i.e. the stands) are owned by the club, and therefore ME's responsibility.

Putting pressure on either council won't achieve anything.
Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 16:40 - May 22 with 4950 viewshype313

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:47 - May 22 by Moulton

Hmm did the Council pay for the new stands?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 16:46 - May 22 with 4930 viewsBryanPlug

Phil - any news about cleaning up the stadium? on 14:22 - May 22 by Illinoisblue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024