Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accents... 09:31 - May 23 with 1668 viewsTIB

I was in Derbyshire yesterday and after a meeting I popped into a local café for some lunch, grabbed a pretty tasty 8/10 egg salad cob/bap/roll and went to pay...upon paying the lady behind the counter said..."What brings you up here? You're along way from Norfolk".

I've never considered myself to have a strong Suffolk, if any real accent...but by all accounts up here I sound like a budgie. Devastating. To top my day off, some of the onion in my cob/bap/roll has fallen under the seat rails in my car and I can't get it out so my car now stinks of onion B.O.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Accents... on 09:33 - May 23 with 1648 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yep, up north you will be seen as East Anglian. Although I doubt most people would be able to place the accent.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Accents... on 09:47 - May 23 with 1615 viewsSteve_M

Is that actually you in your profile picture? That might be why.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Accents... on 10:07 - May 23 with 1586 viewsSlambo

I got that chatting to a lady on a train from Lincoln once. You've got an accent. Be prowud of ut, buh...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Accents... on 10:08 - May 23 with 1584 viewsTIB

Accents... on 09:33 - May 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, up north you will be seen as East Anglian. Although I doubt most people would be able to place the accent.

I told her I wasn't from Norfolk but she was close...at that point had she then said Lincolnshire I would have had to chuck the egg bap back at her...she did thankfully then say Suffolk.

Accents... on 10:20 - May 23 with 1556 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Whereabouts in Derbyshire were you?

I often get asked if I'm from Australia when I've returned from a weekend back in Sunny Suffolk. My accent is an absolute mongrel nowadays though as I lurch from Suffolk to Northern and everything in between.
Accents... on 10:28 - May 23 with 1543 viewshype313

Accents... on 10:20 - May 23 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I often get asked if I'm from Australia when I've returned from a weekend back in Sunny Suffolk. My accent is an absolute mongrel nowadays though as I lurch from Suffolk to Northern and everything in between.

I read somewhere years ago that the Australian accent is originated from Norfolk/Suffolk, which is why some people think that way.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Accents... on 10:57 - May 23 with 1498 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Accents... on 10:28 - May 23 by hype313

I read somewhere years ago that the Australian accent is originated from Norfolk/Suffolk, which is why some people think that way.

Balls..
Accents... on 11:18 - May 23 with 1447 viewsimsureazzure

I have frequently been called an Aussie when venturing further north than say Northampton.
Login to get fewer ads

Accents... on 11:23 - May 23 with 1428 viewsFixed_It

Did she have nice baps?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Accents... on 11:23 - May 23 with 1428 viewsTIB

Accents... on 11:18 - May 23 by imsureazzure

I have frequently been called an Aussie when venturing further north than say Northampton.

The only time I've had the Aussie tag is when I've been in the States...that and on two occasions folk thinking I was a Texan...I guess the chaps and cowboy hat were a bit of red herring

Accents... on 11:24 - May 23 with 1425 viewsTIB

Accents... on 11:23 - May 23 by Fixed_It

Did she have nice baps?

Negative. She did however have something on the menu called a "Thai Bride Wrap"...will give it a try next time.

Accents... on 11:43 - May 23 with 1395 viewsTIB

Accents... on 10:20 - May 23 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I was over in Chesterfield...live in Newark and the drive across rural Derbyshire was pretty nice.

Accents... on 12:12 - May 23 with 1360 viewsPJH

Accents... on 11:43 - May 23 by TIB

I was over in Chesterfield...live in Newark and the drive across rural Derbyshire was pretty nice.

I was in Retford for a few days from last Wednesday, that is where my wife is from duck.
Accents... on 12:14 - May 23 with 1347 viewsSteve_M

Accents... on 12:12 - May 23 by PJH

I was in Retford for a few days from last Wednesday, that is where my wife is from duck.

That's a long time to spend in Retford....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Accents... on 12:16 - May 23 with 1336 viewsPJH

Accents... on 12:14 - May 23 by Steve_M

That's a long time to spend in Retford....

We did go to Doncaster on Friday and came back to sunny Suffolk on Monday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024