Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Employment advice 11:30 - May 23 with 5617 viewsuefacup81

After some advice from the Hive Mind...

A mate of mine is in a bit of a quandry with his employer. They've threatened him with some pretty spurious sounding Gross Misconduct charges, but offered to pay him off in order to forgo the investigation.

They originally offered him £3,000 to leave, and he has managed to argue them up to £9,000 through his solicitor given that he's trans and there's been some fairly discriminatory behaviour from the company in the past.

They've caveated the £9,000 offer with the conditions that he is prevented from submitting a grievance, and will not submit a Subject Access Request - so clearly there have been some dodgy emails doing the rounds.

Clearly they've calculated that they stand to lose more than £9,000 if he decides to refuse their offer and starts digging. Do you reckon it would be worth him turning it down and seeing what they're hiding?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Employment advice on 20:15 - May 23 with 986 viewsBurwell_Blue

Employment advice on 20:10 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Yea, I forgot about all that extra paperwork you have to do if you work with someone transgender.

I worked Trans people before. My experience is they don’t just come on a smash out a days work, they bring a whole lot of fuss and ‘look at me’ into the office where it really has no place.
Employment advice on 20:16 - May 23 with 982 viewsJ2BLUE

Employment advice on 20:15 - May 23 by Burwell_Blue

I worked Trans people before. My experience is they don’t just come on a smash out a days work, they bring a whole lot of fuss and ‘look at me’ into the office where it really has no place.

Give us an example.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Employment advice on 20:20 - May 23 with 974 viewsCoastalblue

Employment advice on 19:46 - May 23 by Burwell_Blue

Or are too busy to put up with all the nonsense?

There wouldn't be any nonsense unless someone was causing it though?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Employment advice on 20:57 - May 23 with 933 viewsuefacup81

Employment advice on 19:42 - May 23 by Burwell_Blue

Fact is you have a geezer dressed up in a pair of drawers taking the p1ss.

Not everyone wants to work with someone like that for whatever reason, so put some strides on and keep your skirt for home or work someone else.

Simple.

I'm loathe to even engage you, but the fact you've assumed that my mate is 'a bloke in a dress' shows just how pig-ignorant you are.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Employment advice on 20:58 - May 23 with 928 viewsLeoMuff

Employment advice on 19:42 - May 23 by Burwell_Blue

Fact is you have a geezer dressed up in a pair of drawers taking the p1ss.

Not everyone wants to work with someone like that for whatever reason, so put some strides on and keep your skirt for home or work someone else.

Simple.

I always knew Burwell was about 200 years behind the rest of us.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Employment advice on 22:27 - May 23 with 893 viewsMJallday

Legally speaking, they cannot stop a DSAR being made
They can refuse a DSAR for many reasons, but it’s European law now, let alone Friday when things really go bums up

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Employment advice on 22:36 - May 23 with 875 viewshoppy

If it would be of any help, have a word with Mike here:

http://coraemploymentlaw.co.uk

Could be worth a conversation at least.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024